It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weinstein's conviction overturned

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Not that I like the guy or care if he lives or dies, but what actual crime outside of the stupid @metoo movement did he commit?

He was in a position of power and liked pretty women. He would bring women back to his room and basically have sex with them and they hoped he would get them in a movie or show. They even joked about it for decades. It was once called the casting couch, and no matter how much one thinks it is wrong it is not illegal.

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:04 PM
link   
He will remain in jail god I hate idiots

(post by Therealbeverage removed for a manners violation)

posted on Apr, 25 2024 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead
Harvey Weinstein has had his conviction overturned in New York, New York !

www.nytimes.com...

Well, that seems about right. This guy new all the left politicians that p. Diddy knows. New York loves perverts like him and Epstein.

Hollywood is a cesspool. NY is it's buddy. DC is full of pedos.

Hey, did you know the new Star Wars show is helmed by Weinstein:s former assistant? Sick people in this world.

I'm thinking p. Diddy will walk as well.

Uh what is your point he is still in Jail...

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 03:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
Not that I like the guy or care if he lives or dies, but what actual crime outside of the stupid @metoo movement did he commit?

He was in a position of power and liked pretty women. He would bring women back to his room and basically have sex with them and they hoped he would get them in a movie or show. They even joked about it for decades. It was once called the casting couch, and no matter how much one thinks it is wrong it is not illegal.

He was accused of raping several women, and rape is a crime.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61
a reply to: 5thHead

His victims must be thrilled.

Full enjoyment and happiness is how I will describe it

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: burritocat

So, the women went back to his room to do what? One thing with rape it is the biggest two-bladed sword of just about anything out there. Men can rape women, and women can say they were raped for personal gains. I just look at this little ugly fat man and think about him trying to rape a young strong woman...

We also know this was a period when everyone wanted to get on the @metoo bandwagon and maybe make some money in the process. We had women come forward saying things like I didn't want sex, so I sucked his D and even though I did it I really didn't want to do it, so it is sexual assault.

Sexual assault got so blurred out no one knew what was what, and it really took away from real rape victims. So yes, we know what he went in prison for, but it was more of a tar and feather event of Hollywood freaking out with the @metoo movement.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

So, the women went back to his room to do what? One thing with rape it is the biggest two-bladed sword of just about anything out there. Men can rape women, and women can say they were raped for personal gains. I just look at this little ugly fat man and think about him trying to rape a young strong woman...

We also know this was a period when everyone wanted to get on the @metoo bandwagon and maybe make some money in the process. We had women come forward saying things like I didn't want sex, so I sucked his D and even though I did it I really didn't want to do it, so it is sexual assault.

Sexual assault got so blurred out no one knew what was what, and it really took away from real rape victims. So yes, we know what he went in prison for, but it was more of a tar and feather event of Hollywood freaking out with the @metoo movement.

Accusations of rape and sexual assault are very serious and because the burden of proof is on the claimant it's very difficult to prove rape unless you can make use of DNA and other evidence you may have.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: brodby

Yeah. They had plenty of evidence. He was guilty AF, and all the Hollywood elites were covering for him, like his BFF Oprah.

posted on Apr, 26 2024 @ 04:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: brodby

Accusations of rape and sexual assault are very serious and because the burden of proof is on the claimant it's very difficult to prove rape unless you can make use of DNA and other evidence you may have.

Or you are in a massive @metoo movement. I'm 100% convinced he never raped anyone, didn't need to. I'm also convinced that many of these women had sex with him and were most likely grossed out taking one for their career. The clincher is he may have promised a role, had sex, then just blew them off. I don't think a single woman went to his room with some other idea than to get on casting couch.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:36 PM
link   
a reply to: 5thHead

May 1, 2024 Breaking News...

Harvey Weinstein will be tried/re-tried for New York sex crimes in Sept 2024.

thehill.com...

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Therealbeverage

Uh what is your point he is still in Jail...

Uhhhhh... The point is that our government does it's best to protect the people in their club. They are not here for us they are there for them.

And we have very little chance against such odds.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Yeah. They had plenty of evidence. He was guilty AF, and all the Hollywood elites were covering for him, like his BFF Oprah.

Exactly. And there is plenty of stuff he should be in prison for that victims just can't prove so they keep there mouths shut out of fear.

Our government covers for Hollywood as well.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

I'm 100% convinced he never raped anyone, didn't need to.

What makes you think that men rape only because they "have to"? Implying that's the only way some of these losers can get it. Some men rape because they want to. They enjoy it...the only way they can get off.

posted on May, 1 2024 @ 09:46 PM
link   
a reply to: cherokeetroy

Yep. But I bet Extra Zero already knows that.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy

What makes you think that men rape only because they "have to"? Implying that's the only way some of these losers can get it. Some men rape because they want to. They enjoy it...the only way they can get off.

When it comes to most rapes, they are more physically dominance-based and fueled by hate more than lust, especially with serial rapists. Looking at this case he already had all the power in the world. The fact that physically he is not raping anyone who might put up even a little resistance means they are letting him do it if you want to call it rape.

I am positive he got off with the power he had to get young pretty women into bed. I'm 100% sure those women didn't want to do it, but the casting couch was a thing, and maybe still a thing. Combs is much of the same thing but looks to be worse. Did Combs rape any man, most likely not. Did he have sex with men because he had power over their careers, yep.

We can go the Cosbey angle where he drugged some women, Combs might have done that too, but Harvey didn't. So, this goes back to him taking women to his room and having sex with them, and like I said he might have promised them whatever to get them in bed, but that isn't a crime.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

When  it comes to most rapes, they are more physically dominance-based and fueled by hate more than lus

You just said it yourself. Rape isn't about lust, it's about dominance -- control. Sure, these rich and powerful men could have used their money & position to conquest beautiful women but you don't know if they were purely driven by lust or or the need to dominate. It could be both. These men reach positions of power because they're narcissistic and sometimes psychopathic in nature. These types of people are also abusive to their victims both physically and mentally. It's the lust for power. It stems from an abusive childhood. It's a cyclical pattern that you will find in people from all walks of life.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: 5thHead

Exactly. And there is plenty of stuff he should be in prison for that victims just can't prove so they keep there mouths shut out of fear.

Our government covers for Hollywood as well.

It's a crazy justice system.

Those whom are friends with judges can get away with even kid rape, for many years. (Epstein, Clinton, Roberts, etc.)

Others get fined millions of dollars just because a woman with mental problems says the guy touched her puzzy. (Trump)

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: WeMustCare

It's a crazy justice system.

It's corrupted. It's compromised. The entire system must be dismantled.

posted on May, 2 2024 @ 02:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: cherokeetroy
It's the lust for power. It stems from an abusive childhood. It's a cyclical pattern that you will find in people from all walks of life.

Sure, it doesn't mean rape even if he took advantage of them for sex. They were also trying to take advantage of him for work. I think you keep missing the point that he is a short little fat old man...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join