It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mels Holed revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Mels hole I first heard on Art Bell radio show and been curious ever since. Saw this U-tube and thought I should post this for everyone who is curious.

Please watch and post your thoughts!

Me? Still curious!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:14 AM
link   
a reply to: IceHappy

So when they went to Spain I think for a similar hole and the sheep was lowered and then dissected….

Uh, any thought on the human-eyed seal fetus that jumped back down?

Why Files does a good rendition of this tale btw.

Yeah. This thread goes deep.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:32 AM
link   
a reply to: SteamyAmerican

Thank you love "The Why Files" and will look for that episode, been ill since coming back from the Indian Ocean 4 weeks now Asian Flu My Ladies mother is hosptalized so in time will catch up....

Thank you for your post!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Oh goodness. I hope she recovers all right. I’ll keep you all in my thoughts. Thanks for the OP.

Any personal thoughts on what Mel’s Hole might be?

Edit: I like how this was placed in military projects. Interesting choice. Could have gone many ways.

edit on 31-3-2024 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:13 AM
link   

I miss Art. Anyways. I'm on the fence about the hole and Mel's story. I haven't heard all the c2c episodes he was on, but I do remember I think it was his first time on, he said he lowered a fishing line like a mile of fishing line into the hole with a roll of lifesavers on it to see if there was water and someone called in and asked how did he know with all that weight from the line, whether he hadn't already hit the bottom and the line was just accumulating on the bottom. I remember that thought made me skeptical of the story initially, but I can't remember what Mel's response to that was.

Im still curious like you though.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I love the Mel's Hole story because it's so creative in this day and age where there don't seem to be any original thoughts anymore!

The narrator should do his homework, though; there is no such thing as 'Bosque' people. It's Basque !

It became just another story for me (albeit a good one) when Mel 'sold' his family for a few million. I wouldn't sell my family-even the ones I don't like- for any amount of money.
And then he 'sneaks' back into the US? You know, the TSA has a watch list, and passports are checked when flying into the US.

The rest of the story just gets more unbelievable from there, for me. But it doesn't take away from the fact it would be a great Sci-fi movie; I'd watch it!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Here is the The Why Files video

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Started to watch the video. It sure sounded like AI. Almost like someone had an AI write a flowery piece with no substance on Mel's Hole and then show a hundred different holes while an AI narrated it. I guess this is the new future of YouTube.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: nugget1

Well have you seen the show Outer Range??? Season 2 is about to start in May...Not to bad of a show

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

Yeah. This thread goes deep.

Ah, a good old fashioned Easter dad joke.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1
I love the Mel's Hole story because it's so creative in this day and age where there don't seem to be any original thoughts anymore!

The narrator should do his homework, though; there is no such thing as 'Bosque' people. It's Basque !

It became just another story for me (albeit a good one) when Mel 'sold' his family for a few million. I wouldn't sell my family-even the ones I don't like- for any amount of money.
And then he 'sneaks' back into the US? You know, the TSA has a watch list, and passports are checked when flying into the US.

The rest of the story just gets more unbelievable from there, for me. But it doesn't take away from the fact it would be a great Sci-fi movie; I'd watch it!

Well Canadians and Brits pronounce those vowels like that.
Mazda, Mozda, `, '"Tomato' Tomahto etc.
Wasn't that narrator British? I've heard that Bosque pronounced that way in the past, and read about it spelled Basque.

Mel may have not been on a watch list since the spooks that told him not to come back would have kept it all off the books, or may have..

Plus they knew he did come back so someone flagged him, assuming it all really happened, so it could have happened that way.

edit on 31-3-2024 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: edit

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 02:27 PM
link   

"Mels hole" i remember that, and the claims of a bottomless pit to another dimension or something along those lines.

Tell you one thing, just be careful googling such.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: tarantulabite1

Thank you very much!!!!! Looking forward to viewing as AJ does a great job on both sides of the story!

Guess Heckle Fish will have his say.

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 05:42 PM
link   
This brings back great memories of coast to coast and ATS!

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 08:22 PM
link   
A Classic Episode, but wasn't it all a hoax?

posted on Mar, 31 2024 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tarantulabite1
a reply to: nugget1

Well have you seen the show Outer Range??? Season 2 is about to start in May...Not to bad of a show

Love that show!

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 01:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

"Mels hole" i remember that, and the claims of a bottomless pit to another dimension or something along those lines.

why is it dangerous to google mels hole ?

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: BduardErnstein

It's not "dangerous" but you may get the likes of XXXX results returned.

Or not, just a thought.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:31 AM
link   
Whatever lives at the "bottom" of Mel's Hole probably didn't like us using their portal as a trash dump.

posted on Apr, 2 2024 @ 04:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: BduardErnstein

originally posted by: andy06shake

why is it dangerous to google mels hole ?

It's not. Mel's hole is a great concept with absolute nothing for proof. It's essentially 1997 creepypasta. It'd make for a decent anticlimactic movie, I suppose. Somewhere within the realm of Fire in the Sky and Contact.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join