It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘I Worked With Putin: Here’s What You Don’t Know About Him’

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:15 AM
link   
Andrei Illarionov was senior policy advisor to Vladimir Putin from April 2000 to December 2005 , in this 13 minute interview he gives insight into the man and his workings , Mr Illarionov was added to Russia's registry of foreign agents last August.

In the interview Mr Illarionov says Mr Putin was working on his plan for Ukraine as far back as 2003 and warns that if the West force Ukraine into a peace deal Putin will use the time to rearm and attack again , being an economist he explains how much military aid the US is actually sending to Ukraine as opposed to the claims being made , he says if the West don't increase their support to Ukraine and Putin wins he will use the victory and the extra resources he gains in Ukraine to continue on into the Baltic states then move on to Europe.

He gives an interesting insider view into the workings of the man and his conflict so for those interested in the details it's 13 minutes well spent.

edit on 25-2-2024 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:30 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

If that actually is his plan, it looks like Putin is determined to start WW3.

All 3 Baltic countries are members of the EU and NATO and if he goes after them, NATO will be obligated to respond which will probably bring China into the fight.

I was thinking "10 year plan" but Putin is 71 and he'll want to get this done as quick as possible, so more like 5 year plan.

Putin and his lackeys are always going on about the use of nuclear weapons and we may find out if he's actually serious.

+3 more 
posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:46 AM
link   

I don't care.

It's a Europe problem. Not mine. Let the EU fund that BS.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Putin has no intentions of going into Europe ot any nato country.

What a joke.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Really good video , i hope people spend 13 minutues and listen it.

I agree with Illarionov, Putin will not stop .

Edit: removed the poll claim, i must remeber wrong , or cant rememer where i see it
edit on 25-2-2024 by Kenzo because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:54 AM
link   
a reply to: watchitburn

You really have no idea...

Right now there are no US military fighting in Ukraine, no deaths of American soldiers.

If this spread to bigger war, there will be American soldiers dying in battlefield .

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   
So he's the Russian version of Lee Anderson?
Being a Brit, you know what I'm trying to say.
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   

It's a Europe problem. Not mine. Let the EU fund that BS.

Short sighted view that's reminiscent of the attitude to Germany's invasion at the start of WW2 , learn from history or be doomed to repeat it.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 05:58 AM
link   
Funny how it's all about the war in Ukraine again, just when the depths of the Biden crime family are coming out. Last time they ramped the war coverage it put news of Hunter's misdeeds on the sidelines.

I'm betting Andrei Illarionov will be well compensated for sharing his 'insights' with us.

By the time Biden gets out of office there won't be much left of America to worry about anyway, so whatever.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: sp

Recent polls in US says at least 2/3 US people support urgent military aid to Ukraine , yet GOP plays their own 4D chess , which cost lives in Ukraine .

Actually, no; the majority of people do not support sending funds to Ukraine, but polls target specific groups to get the results they want. The polls did their best to convince us Biden was the greatest POTUS of our generation, but you could't find more than a couple of idiots that agreed with those numbers.

People in Americao want our tax dollars spent on securing the border, helping vetrans and the homeless and reducing inflation. We're getting just the opposite, while Zelensky keeps getting wealthier and wealthier.
edit on 1/1/1908 by nugget1 because: ETA
extra DIV

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:12 AM
link   

US isolationism has never worked out well, for the US and the world in general.
Neither does Appeasement.

You must be incredibly naive if you think the US can simply turn its back on the whole world and live in its own little bubble.

No sane person wants to see a full blown war between NATO and Russia, which is why Putin's desire to establish a Greater Russia has to be resisted.

Putin will perceive US reluctance to continue supporting Ukraine as an act of weakness and dare I say even cowardice, just like Hitler did back in 1939......look how that ended up.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Kenzo

That's BS.

I don't know a single person that thinks we should be sending them money.

An American citizen was tortured and murdered in a Ukrainian prison last month.

The US should leave NATO, it provides no benefit to the American people.

(post by watchitburn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:25 AM
link   

So what about Vietnam and Korea?

You got involved over there.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:26 AM
link   

But I thought Russia has suffered millions of casualties, his tactics are a joke, and Ukraine is kicking his ass?

How could he possible conquer Europe when he can't even take over one little country in 3 years?

Do you people even hear the BS you're spouting?
edit on 25-2-2024 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: nugget1

What depths? The GOP have Jonathan Turley out there bringing up Biden's great-great-grandfather's criminal record because they have nothing.

The recent discussion on Ukraine stems from the fact that there's a bill sitting in the House that would continue to provide Ukraine with aid and Johnson's refusing to bring it for a vote because he knows it would pass.

That coupled with Putin killing of his political rival and the revelation that the Biden/Hunter/Burisma story was a fabrication by a Russian asset to influence the election has cast a light back on the region and the ongoing conflict.

link   
a reply to: nugget1

Funny how it's all about the war in Ukraine again

The second anniversary of Russia's invasion was yesterday so no not really.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:29 AM
link   

If Japan hadn't bombed Pearl Harbor, do you think the US should've stayed out of WWII?

If so, do you think the US would be better off today if Germany and Japan were allowed to annex all of Europe, Asia, and Africa?

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:31 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Both terrible decisions we had zero business getting involved in.

Vietnam was a perfect example of the CIA and MIC conspiring against American interests. Killing thousands of our men through lies and false flags.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Ooh, and bonus Hitler reference. Piss off clown.

Oh, we've got a Billy Big Bollocks have we.
Typical keyboard warrior.

Like to talk the talk but I suspect when it comes down to the nitty gritty got the heart the size of a pea.

The Hitler reference is valid; the similarities are striking.
That some people advocate making exactly the same mistakes again is the actual definition of stupidity.

That you can't engage in a rational and respectful discussion should come as no surprise.

posted on Feb, 25 2024 @ 06:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Not getting involved in a war on the other side of the planet isn't isolationism, it's common sense.

You must be incredibly naive to think that funding the most corrupt country in Europe while we're racking up $3 Trillion in debt every year is a smart decision.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join