It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can it be things worked better under Trump because his supporters stopped not cooperating?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Let's see ...

Maybe things were better under Trump because Trump supporters voluntarily decided to pay more taxes than they had to.

- or -

Maybe things were better because ...

Trump demanded that NATO members pay their fair share, lessening the tax burden on Americans.

Trump said "no thank you" to the Paris Accords, saving the American taxpayers from the climate change scams that we are paying for now.

Trump imposed tariffs on imported goods from countries that imposed tariffs on US goods.

Trump tried to halt the flow of illegal immigrants, thereby saving taxpayers the expense of feeding, clothing, and housing them.

Trump nixed the Trans-Pacific partnership, a "trade deal" that would have cost American jobs just like our North American Free Trade deals.

Trump negotiated with our "adversaries" instead of escalating tensions to the brink of armed conflict.

-----------------

I dunno. Could be either way, I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Don’t waste your time.
I’ve tried these points before and all I get in response is “he’s racist”, “he wants pollution”, he’s xenophobic” “Russia ,Russia,Russia “..

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Solvedit2

originally posted by: mysterioustranger
If y'all think things were better? Then you haven't lived long enough....

His supporters point to some of the numbers which did in fact get better.

Better than what, and when? Wouldn't that depend upon what you compare it to?

There is an international index of livability of various cities, which takes in all sorts of economic, affordability, health, infrastructure, education and social factors, and yet I don't see any American cities in the top ten, going back years.

Global Liveability Ranking

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: VictorVonDoom
Let's see ...

Maybe things were better under Trump because Trump supporters voluntarily decided to pay more taxes than they had to.

- or -

Trump demanded that NATO members pay their fair share, lessening the tax burden on Americans.

Trump said "no thank you" to the Paris Accords, saving the American taxpayers from the climate change scams that we are paying for now.

Trump imposed tariffs on imported goods from countries that imposed tariffs on US goods.

Trump tried to halt the flow of illegal immigrants, thereby saving taxpayers the expense of feeding, clothing, and housing them.

Trump nixed the Trans-Pacific partnership, a "trade deal" that would have cost American jobs just like our North American Free Trade deals.

Trump negotiated with our "adversaries" instead of escalating tensions to the brink of armed conflict.

-----------------

I dunno. Could be either way, I guess.

Trump's policies made things appear better in the short term, but at the cost of destroying the American economic future.

Both the national and domestic debt rose, unrestrained, exceeding GDP under Trump.

The USA is now primarily a service economy, and so it is reliant on rescources and manufacture elsewhere, so that debt in which it is living, means something. You can only live on loans you don't repay, for so long.

Trump's policies bought Americas flat screen TV's (made in China) and flashy cars (made mostly in Mexico) mostly on credit.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Want an indicator on how the average citizen is doing? Look at SNAP benefits. It includes the lower and middle class where people making over 100k can get assistance in some states and instances.

It went from about 37 million to a high of almost 50 million in 2015. Then it started to decline. It was at 34 million going into 2020. The economy was coming back.

If you made under 20 bucks a hour you paid almost no taxes but got a go refund back into the economy.
Businesses had low tax rates which made more jobs. Businesses were coming back to the US. Small Businesses were starting to boom and....

George Floyd. COVID.Biden.

3 years later and we are back over 44 million and that is not including the 5 million illegals in the US since then.

People wanted a dream when Trump was in office. Now it is nothing but hate and rhetoric. Demonizing half the US voters.

Over 60% of the country is now living paycheck to paycheck. That was 46% in 2018.

Job 'growth' right now is people coming back from COVID or working two or three jobs. I know LPNs and RNs who are DINKs who can barely do it and people with kids it is very hard.

AS a citizen, I have not had one thing passed by my government in the last 3 years that has helped me,my family or friends. I just know I am supposed to hate Donald Trump and love Drag Queens.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:29 PM
link   

a reply to: Solvedit2

Things fell apart because Fat Boy Privileged Rich Dump started throwing weight n tossing Constitutional Law. These $$ bag kids: it's normal. Buy your way, promise favors, skirt laws, file questionable returns.

If caught...noting happens. If it does? Deny, lie, cheat, cover...go to trial, many, appeal everything based on quid pro quo. Appeal, appeal....nothing happens.

It's what the rich has always done. Under Trumpty Dumpty...He opened the floodgates...n we peons are drowning in his overflowing toilet.

None of what you Wrote there Makes ANY SENSE . My Condolences.......

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

Facts

a reply to: matafuchs

Facts

No amount of facts or Preparation H will soothe the butt hurt Liberal cult from Humpty Trumpty, Orange Man Bad, the 2nd coming of Hitler.

At some point they have to be all cried out right?

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

One problem there is what would the world look like if the US defense umbrella had never existed after WW2? If all the Western countries had been paying up to 20% of their GDP on national defense instead of the 1% they were paying?

The reason most of those cities rank so high is that the US taxpayer has been paying for the national defense of all the western countries since WW2. And they have been buying social services and everything else instead. We have been buying the guns while they buy the butter.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RazorV66

The craziest part is the people who were cool under Trump did not spend 3 years talking about Obama. No one cared. We were moving forward.

No wars. China was scared of NK and manufacturing with the US. I really feel that was a reason for COVID and the world collapse. It was not Taiwan. When he stepped onto NK soil the world knew things could change.

For the naysayers, don't want to hear any of the media BS. Go read a book. Take some time.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Let's see ...

"Trump’s Tariffs Were Much More Damaging Than Thought"

www.forbes.com...

"In new research, Mary Amiti, an economist at the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, and Sang Hoon Kong and David Weinstein, both economists at Columbia University, used movements in stock prices to measure the response to policy announcements on tariffs and the escalation of the U.S.-China trade war initiated by the Trump administration. .....
Among the key findings of the research: The economists found a long-term decline in U.S. consumer well-being (or “welfare”) of 7.8%: “Our results show that the trade-war announcements caused large declines in U.S. stock prices, expected TFP [Total Factor Productivity], and expected inflation largely by moving macro variables, but also by causing declines in the returns of firms trading with China. We find that markets expect the trade war to lower U.S. welfare by 7.8 percentage points.”

And now he's saying that if he becomes POTUS again he's going to impose 10% tariffs across the board. Because "trade wars are good and easy to win".

"The Border Wall Didn’t Work"

www.cato.org...

"One of former President Donald Trump’s main presidential accomplishments was constructing hundreds of miles of wall along the U.S.-Mexico border. President Joe Biden temporarily suspended work on some unfinished sections in January 2021, but is now plugging some “holes” in Trump’s wall and adding some other portions. He shouldn’t bother. A few miles won’t fix what hundreds of miles already failed to. It’s time to just admit: Trump’s wall did not work.

Almost the entirety of the Trump border wall was constructed after December 2018 when the Trump sections were just 31 miles. With 455 miles by January 2021, if the border wall deterred illegal crossings, the Border Patrol should have seen fewer illegal crossings and fewer successful illegal crossings. Indeed, the agency already claimed that the wall was “deployed” and “effective” in late October 2020 with about 170 miles still to be built.

After a temporary lull in migration during the early part of the pandemic, that very month (October 2020) saw a significant jump in both known successful entries (what the Border Patrol calls “gotaways”), as well as arrests to levels as high as before the pandemic, and the numbers kept rising. Even before Biden assumed office, the Border Patrol was making more arrests and witnessing far more successful crossings after the wall went up than most months before the Trump wall. ....

The Trump border wall failed for all the predictable reasons. Immigrants used cheap ladders to climb over it, or they free climb it. They used cheap power tools to cut through it. They cut through small pieces and squeezed through, and they cut through big sections and drove through. In one small section in 2020, they sawed through at least 18 times that Border Patrol knew about in a month. They also made tunnels. Some tunnels were long, including the longest one ever discovered, but some were short enough just to get past the barrier."

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Let's see ...

Right, Rebel flag waving insurrectionists would never shirk paying taxes.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 02:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Solvedit2

His supporters point to some of the numbers which did in fact get better.

Numbers were a lot better until the Plandemic that was used to oust Trump.

If Trump had not been cheated out of his second term, the economy would have roared right back, thanks to the U.S. system in place and workers who enjoy MAGA-AF.

I always likened the intentionally crippled 2020 economy to a beachball being held underwater. The moment its let go, the ball (economy) zooms back to the top.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 04:02 PM
link   

No we're pretty normal it's the left who will not get along with anyone lol just mention trump and the racicms and phobia buzz words start a pourin.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Things fell apart because Fat Boy Privileged Rich Dump started throwing weight n tossing Constitutional Law. These $$ bag kids: it's normal. Buy your way, promise favors, skirt laws, file questionable returns.

If caught...noting happens. If it does? Deny, lie, cheat, cover...go to trial, many, appeal everything based on quid pro quo. Appeal, appeal....nothing happens.

It's what the rich has always done. Under Trumpty Dumpty...He opened the floodgates...n we peons are drowning in his overflowing toilet.

It's so strange to see what Trump can do to someone who is even keeled, intelligent and a good person in society.

That "good person" stated in a different thread that he would refuse care (he is a first responder, just ask him) if he doesn't like your politics. The libs are not good people, and are always the first to project their crimes onto others.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: stosh64

If that's true, then I take it back.

From my interactions with MS over the years, i've not seen that.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: stosh64

originally posted by: JinMI

It's so strange to see what Trump can do to someone who is even keeled, intelligent and a good person in society.

That "good person" stated in a different thread that he would refuse care (he is a first responder, just ask him) if he doesn't like your politics. The libs are not good people, and are always the first to project their crimes onto others.

Typical Liberal if true.
Also shouldn’t have a job anymore if true.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColeYounger2
Under Trump, US unemployment hit a 50-year low of 3.5 percent in 2019. That is a fact.

That was going to happen no matter what.

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Interesting thread title.

Using this same logic what would explain the not so great condition that the country is in under Biden?

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: NorthOS
Interesting thread title.
Using this same logic what would explain the not so great condition that the country is in under Biden?

What slight uptick do you think his critics need to explain away?

posted on Jan, 13 2024 @ 08:05 PM
link   

So, correct me if I'm wrong, but are you assuming that supporters of Donald Trump are no longer paying taxes, thus leading to our current financial position in this country? If that's the case, I need to get on the phone with the IRS and figure out why the hell they keep taking my money. Now, I'll only be paying 1% more when the tax cuts expire, yet that's still 1% of my income that could be going toward investments or general spending. It's not a ton of money, but it's a couple of decent-sized TVs if I wanted them, a nice vacation, an extra mortgage payment, etc.

Not every one that supports or supports Donald Trump are people that you see on Doomsday Preppers. Most of us, in fact, the great majority of us, are normal, hardworking people. People that had a higher standard of living under President Trump than what we've seen with President Biden. Stop trying to paint all of us with such a broad, dull brush.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join