It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Door blew our midair Alaskan airlines.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 08:10 AM
link   
a reply to: quintessentone

*May* be redesigned. There have also been cabins designed with standing seats to get more passengers in. Or seats that face different directions, or are double decker seats.

The last ten years have been some of the safest years in air travel history, worldwide.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Wouldn't board a Boeing, u.s.a, israel flight
even if hell froze over.
Just saying.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

*May* be redesigned. There have also been cabins designed with standing seats to get more passengers in. Or seats that face different directions, or are double decker seats.

The last ten years have been some of the safest years in air travel history, worldwide.

Well my way of thinking is that a door blowing out and exposing people to that sort of danger is one failure too many. Not to mention their choice of GE engines which historically also have had many failures/problems. Sure they fixed those problems, but more keep on cropping up probably due to higher up's desire to save even more money at the expense of safety.

posted on Jan, 24 2024 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

And that’s always been your choice. But do you know how many Boeing aircraft fly daily with zero issues? And which aircraft has the best safety record of aircraft that have been in service longer than 5 years?

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 12:42 AM
link   

But do you know how many Boeing aircraft fly daily with zero issues?

Wheel Falls Off Boeing 757 During Takeoff At Atlanta Airport
Ooops ?
yet another one
www.yahoo.com...

edit on 25-1-2024 by ToneD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ToneD

How is Boeing responsible for the maintenance failure on a 30 year old plane that hasn’t been produced in 20 years?

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

The investigation by the National Transportation Safety Board (NTSB) is in its infancy. Early evidence suggests four bolts intended to prevent the door plug from shifting in its attachment brackets either failed or weren’t installed. Inspections after the 1282 incident by Alaska, and United Airlines found loose bolts in other MAX 9s. The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) on Jan. 6 grounded the 171 MAX 9s operated by the two carriers until inspections and repairs, if needed, are completed.

leehamnews.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Which changes nothing I said. Air travel for the last ten years has been safer than ever. In 2022, looking at all commercial accidents (39), you would have to fly once a day for over 2,000 years to be in a fatal accident. Looking at just the larger aircraft accidents (5), you’d have to fly once a day for over 25,000 years to be in a 100% fatal accident. Of the 158 fatalities in 2022, something like 132 were in one plane.

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Which changes nothing I said. Air travel for the last ten years has been safer than ever. In 2022, looking at all commercial accidents (39), you would have to fly once a day for over 2,000 years to be in a fatal accident. Looking at just the larger aircraft accidents (5), you’d have to fly once a day for over 25,000 years to be in a 100% fatal accident. Of the 158 fatalities in 2022, something like 132 were in one plane.

dude, why are you so defensive, is Boeing your company? I just posted a fact about the incident. Unless you know more than the NTSB?

posted on Jan, 25 2024 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Because every time I’ve said anything against the narrative in the last four or five days three or four people jump down my throat. It’s hard not to be defensive after that.

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 08:50 AM
link   

And if you read the post above yours, this aircraft, and possibly the United aircraft that have the loose bolts were worked on to install a WiFi antenna. I'm working to confirm that the plug was removed to do it, but the aircraft involved started having pressurization warnings after the antenna was installed. The United aircraft use the same company for their WiFi. The airlines would have no reason to check the plugs until a C check is performed.

Hey Zaphod, I was curious if you were able to find any further information about the plug and this WiFi installation. Did anything come of that or was it a dead end?

Thanks!

posted on Jan, 26 2024 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Shaker

It’ll be up to the NTSB to confirm, but there’s an anonymous whistleblower claim that Boeing removed the door for repairs and didn’t record it being removed, so there was no inspection triggered. The wifi report had a lot of conflicting information going on about it.

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It’ll be up to the NTSB to confirm, but there’s an anonymous whistleblower claim that Boeing removed the door for repairs and didn’t record it being removed, so there was no inspection triggered. The wifi report had a lot of conflicting information going on about it.

Looks like the preliminary NTSB report is saying just that four bolts holding the plug in place were removed to facilitate rework of non-conforming rivets nearby. Still hasn't been shown which company was responsible for the rework operations.

reu ters feb6 article

posted on Feb, 7 2024 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Boeing, but it was entered in the Spirit QA system, not in the Boeing work order system, so it didn't trigger an inspection after the work was done.

posted on Mar, 1 2024 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Must have been a RUSH for the people OnBoard, Hopefully no kids were On this Flight

posted on Mar, 2 2024 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: HibbsIndustries
Must have been a RUSH for the people OnBoard, Hopefully no kids were On this Flight

The young man sitting next to it had his shirt ripped off. I am imaging what would have happened to an unrestrained passenger. As it turned out, safety was the higher ups least concern.
edit on q00000017331America/Chicago1212America/Chicago3 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join