It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When reality sets in

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:40 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 12:42 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 01:10 PM
link   

STOP!!!! ATTENTION!! STAND DOWN!!!

NOW, do you two see how the back-and-forth escalates?? NONE of the personal attacks have anything to do with the topic. This is an extremely simple concept to master: If you are talking about each other, you are off-topic, and off-topic conversation will be actioned.

We don't want to punish you. We want to keep the conversation/discussion on topic. When you get in these back-and-forth diatribes, it yanks the discussion away from the Original Topic.

Please do better. If anyone has a problem with this action, PLEASE take it up with me in PM. Do NOT reply to this message.

Thanks bunches. Carry on.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: DAVID64
no I get that. yes you are correct in regard to affected areas. but I am referring to life for the rest of the people in the unaffected areas, which fortunately will in fact be the majority of the rest of the world. For example I live in Tampa Florida. Fattest #ing target in the SouthEast with SOCOM and CENTCOM and refueling and logistics.

Lets say somehow this happens.
Not the entire planet like the movie, but just my beautiful lovely city in the year we won our own super bowl. I and millions of us will perish. Oh well that sucks. The port would be destroyed as well as the base. Nuke or comet, the consequence is the same.

So the entire southeast will have some jacked up logistics issues, my #ty Bucs will no longer play #ty games, and a really enjoyable place to live will have disappeared for at least a century.

But all the other ports are still operating, clearly under better security. All of those supply chains are still in effect. Prices will go up rediculous for some years maybe permanently, but as long as one can earn the income the supplies continue to be delivered.

The internet has essentially made it impossible for the empire to just lose. It knows where most of its enemies are 24/7 and hears everything they say, because they freely carry their spy devices around. Plus the elites of every empire, nation and state coordinate together anyways at the Bilderberg conference, WEF, G7, BRICS and so on. They do not want it all to collapse. They work in tandem to keep it stable, although everyone pulls more to benefit them, they all want stability in the market.

Now what you state can be possible but I doubt very much mankind would be the instigator. It would take a cellestial event that humans cannot control, such as the video clip I added, or massive tectonic event to unseat the existing paradigm of control on Earth as we know it. I don't mean one faction over another either. The system of control is the same regardless of which faction is in charge because everything has already been delegated to AI algorithms and become automated.

As it is today, humans within agencies follow memos and order that were never even generated by another human, but many of them did not realize it. I suspect what is happening is they are attempting to see where they went wrong as a lot of idiotic policy decision in the last many years seemed more mechanical than organic. Like the COVID thing and the mandates and the green new deal type of stuff.

Those were all rigid mechanical solutions that never took into account the human behavior to dissent against those actions. The policies were just written as if being followed by everyone was just what was expected, because that is how A computer or machine thinks. it just executes the orders without though. So it becomes kind of obvious to me that these policies were not actually crafted by humans but delegated to computers to figure out and the idiots in charge of the world themselves being new to this technology just assumed computer knows best.

All of that is just to say, the nameless faceless entities that run the system of governance and finance on Earth have no interest in allowing it all to collapse spontaniously. So while it is certainly prudent to plan for any eventuality, I would not concern myself with nightmares of nuclear armageddon. Our way of life is more likely to be taken out by celestial objects in our lifetime than nukes, but that is just my opinion based on my knowledge of human nature of those in power.

Of course planning for such an event is certainly good preparedness and should never be dismissed or ridiculed.
edit on 11-24-2023 by worldstarcountry because: wrong video

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 05:43 PM
link   

In all age groups, 37 million people have diabetes and 8.4 million of those rely on insulin.

No most people will not make it .

The American diet is poison . I had two family members staying with me recently and I ask them what they liked to drink because myself I only drink water .

They reply Soda . Okay that is fine I'll buy a couple 12 packs of soda and that should do them for a week .

I place both 12 packs in the fridge and go about my life .

24hrs later both 12 packs are empty
. I was in shock , No this can't be who drinks Soda like that Christ it's pure poison to your body.

Then I thought about it , Oh they don't drink water or anything of the sort so when they are Thirsty they just grab a soda and pour it into their body.

It truly boggled my mind.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:23 PM
link   
The truth is, there will be plenty of food and resources to go around. water purifiers laying around, everything a person needs... doesn't matter because most people will starve or get sick anyways. it'll happen so fast most people won't have the chance to learn how to live in the new world.

Then most of the rest of us will die in the fire, radiation and toxic plumes that erupt all around us.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   

I've watched people ignore the warning signs for decades and you try to tell them, well, you're just a paranoid prepper conspiracy nut is what they say. So I've given up on them. My friends and I have a place, it's large, it has 3 farmhouses, 4 barns, good deep well water, fish, game like deer and bear (and small stuff, ducks, geese, turkey), a waterfall with one of two 50kw generators installed. There's 600 acres arable, 400 acres of forest and water. We're ready, it's just a question of getting there when SHTF.

Two of my partners and their families are already close, within 30 minutes, but they are already well between city and bush. I am in a larger town and it will take me a number of hours to get there, but that's ok, I have a 4x4 truck, hand and 12v pumps for gasoline, so I can draw right out of the underground tanks and assorted toys. I keep extra truck parts stored in a Faraday cage to hopefully withstand EMP and high induction during an X200 Class or lower solar flare/CME.

When you talk about this stuff, people look at you like you're nuts, but I guess ignorance is bliss. You're right on the meds though, 100-200 million people will die in the first month, not just from lack of meds though, from starvation, gang warfare and the weather. The strongest psychopaths will create their little fiefdoms in cities and that might last a few months. After that however, they will start moving out. The worst of the worst will go rural in search of food and new opportunities that they can take from whomever is out there surviving.

I can only tell you one thing from experience if your hunkered down and one of the people who prepared, use it or lose it if threatened, trust no-one until they can be trusted and make friends when you can to protect each other. The hardest thing you'll likely every have to do is kill another human being, even if they are evil, nasty, violent and are going to kill you, it's hard. You had better get used to it, fast. Cry, throw up, yell (no don't yell, it gives away your position), do what you have to do and get over it, because you will have to do it over and over again in a SHTF scenario. The only saving grace is that after the first few, you'll get hard and a little callous, it will become more like business or a necessary evil. You might even have some psychological problems and trouble dealing with it, you should, you're human, but you can only heal your mental wounds if you're still alive, right?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Ive always figured 6 months is the key figure if you can make it 6 months in most cases some sort of society will assert itself, and a chance of help is "possible".

That said so many millions... probably billions on the planet have trouble getting food for 2 weeks let alone 6 months.

then throw in medical problems, like we all discussed with covid the majority of deaths were people with other health issues.

Now with any serious breakdown of the supply chain you will have the locusts racing out of the city, so you better be ready to defend your home and supplies with lethal force.

If at the 6 month point no obvious degree of society is asserting itself just accept that the countdown has begun to your expiration point.

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Evenin' brother Dave. Here a thought beyond prep. ( Sorry ..just us 1st Responder kinda rig-talk)...

It's great to prep...we all kinda do...and some of my team has stuff for 6 mths to yr, some a week...but you gotta ask yourself: prepping to survive WHAT? Then what?

Food, water, supplies gone then...congrats! You now have to go out into it (eventually).

1 week. 3 months.1yr....then...all of us have to come out...and join the rest...who ran out.

So. Save your family...but when it runs out...and you have to leave eventually ..then how much good would it do.?

60's grade school told us to "see a bright flash, duck and cover under our desks"!

Like that ..was gonna save our flashfried school kid bodies... False hope.

Same to a degree w prep n survival. All good...but again...we aren't prepared for what happens when it all runs out...and people like you...looking to take any stuff for their families you got.

Wouldn't you? Cya, Dave✌️

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:00 PM
link   

edit on 11/24/2023 by elevatedone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 24 2023 @ 10:27 PM
link   

I was thinking exactly the same thing. For instance, it seems to be wishful thinking that the grid will never go down for an extended period. How would I cook a meal or heat up some water? then I thought that the old propane barbeque which I never use. Would be handy but when it ran out of propane what then? Then I thought that there is no reason why it shouldn't work on wood, and to my surprise, it was not an original idea as there are lots of videos on how to use them with wood.

Then I thought what about food preservation, could I run a fridge with just a solar panel, well yeh the 12-volt camping fridges will run during the hours of daylight on a solar panel linked to a Bucks converter, which will stabilise the output to twelve volts. You can also charge up a twelve-volt car battery if you keep an eye on it. So there a few simple things people could do.

But the reality is eighty percent of the population is waiting for the answers from someone else and when they get desperate will steal and get it anyway they can. So get out of the cities at least a week's walking distance because it will be messy.
edit on 24-11-2023 by annonentity because: adding

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 05:42 AM
link   

Well we will know the proverbial shtf when people value lead, more than gold.

We can cast bullets out of lead, and reload for hunting etc.
Gold really only has a use for the ultra wealthy or tech people.

Buy precious metals today, invest in brass and lead.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 06:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ADVISOR
The time when gold WAS actually most valuable was when there were no grocery stores, no electricity, no pharmaceutical industry, no climate control, no state law enforcement and no sanitation services, no running water/plumbing, no communication beyond writing or hollering, no vehicles and certainly no fuel for them.

Remind me again how that differs from SHTF all of organized society has sudden collapsed for some reason or other? They are literally the same circumstances with the only different being, we would not be paying taxes to a royal family as it was in the past. Although that may begin shortly after the first year once the huma race rolls itself back.

The wealthy people and the owners of production do not just suddenly vanish. They simply begin taking less paper money and demanding more physical worth for their products. Obviously there will be a point where their business is no longer sustainable due to supply chain and logistics problem. However, wealthy people prepare too. That includes planning how they will modify their business.

Not every city actually will be as bad as so many folks think. The sheriff's office will simply focus on directing all their resources in that county to the owners of local production and distribution while using a heavy fist to ensure order. They may devolve into warlords depending on the people involved and how they choose to rule, or they may be a very honorable set of humans who simply make an attempt to preserve the previous way of life as best possible while factoring the realities of a new world.

History is rife with examples of empires, kingdoms, fiefdoms and dynasties and nations that collapsed into utter ruin and nonexsitance, while their urban cores remained and thrived not just in another empire, but multiple over time. So many cities in Europe, the Middle East, and Asia remain despite the number of ruling powers that collapsed over a thousand year period. Even societies that no longer exist, the urban cores that resided with them remain today.

When there is a culture united around a faith, they can usually preserve themselves better than those who practiced polytheistic traditions (paganism as described by Christians). Maybe they are on to something though. Maybe we should protect the churches. After all, scared people are usually pretty easy to manage using the bible. The Quran is better at managing angry people. Use them both as weapons and make two of them go to war so you can own the pieces left behind
like a true banker

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Probably harder to guard in a city, but true food security is having stored food. If there is a severe drought, everything in nature is in hardship.

As far as gardening, a good flood, or blight can strike anyone to take out a whole years crop.
edit on 25-11-2023 by Lazy88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Can you point to what might be the cause(s) of such logistics failures?

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

This actually makes more sense than just about anything else.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

Lol new walking dead spin-off premiering soon “WE ARE THE ONES THAT LIVE”

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I ain't worried. They will never let the world go into mad max mode. they have too much control as it is and if it goes mad max, they lose all of it.

What they will do though is keep people in a constant state of fear of it happening.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTophat

The real answer to survival is community.

This is absolutely the best way for survival.

posted on Nov, 25 2023 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Lol, love this thread...

When # hits the fan, communism will be our best survival strategy. Didn't think to read that on ATS

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join