It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NYC launches 4 million dollar vaccine equity program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:23 PM
link   
nypost.com...

Mayor Eric Adams’ health team is launching a $4 million “vaccine equity” campaign aimed at curbing infections and deaths from the latest coronavirus strains and the flu, predominantly in the city’s poorer communities. 

The Health Department funding will provide grants to 18 not-for-profit groups to expand vaccine coverage in two dozen mostly minority neighborhoods with lower vaccination rates.

That's the who and what, here's the why

“Research has shown that reducing barriers to vaccination in communities of color is critical to reducing disparities in disease impact and decreasing COVID-19–related illness,” the request for proposals from bidders says.

“COVID-19 vaccines continue to offer protection for millions of vaccinated New Yorkers, however, lower vaccination rates among certain groups leave them at increased risk for adverse health outcomes (i.e., Long Covid), particularly as new variants emerge.

“The NYC Health Department remains committed to fair and equitable access to COVID-19 vaccines.”

Or maybe the minorities don't want it and that's why uptake is low? Theyve been giving it out like candy for the past 2 years. Free cheeseburgers too and whatever to get it. I suppose most minorities don't have cars or 10 bucks to get a taxi or working feet or a bus pass to get to the Walmart and get the shot. I like the subtle dig too, equating low income with "people of color" These condescending assumptions. And the mayor is black himself. I dont know if it's allowed on here but I'm gonna call him an uncle Tom.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Shoshanna

You got that all wrong, it's the same reason minorities do not vote, too dumb for ID or in that case -interpolating here- bestowed with a vaccine card.

Hey, don't chase me to the gallows because that is not my logic, just using the logic of the same people that also push vaccines.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:30 PM
link   

The same Mayor Eric Adams that is under and FBI
investigation? www.theguardian.com...

That is a lot of money, sadly enough it won't do
much to help anyone. I'm convinced most of
these types of special interest programs end
up being slush funds for sneaky insiders.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: ThatDamnDuckAgain

I know it is and it is actually infuriating to me as a "person of color" that so many others don't see all the racism in their assumptions about what we are capable of doing or not doing. Their propaganda about minorities constantly needing help has actually set us back hundreds of years. And yet if you don't vote for that same group of people, you're not black. Hehe

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Equity
There’s that word again.
This dummy got an awefully lot of votes in that city. I feel sorry a bit because that city is ruined but at the end of the day, voting has its consequences.
Just another scheme to funnel taxpayers money to the “people of color” “victims” “self oppressed”.
The redistribution of wealth never ends.
Bye bye meritocracy!
The soft bigotry of low expectations.

edit on 19-11-2023 by VermiIion because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Utterly racist, IDK anything more racist to say, to prove one is running a racist mindset, than something like what I repeated.

So I guess you are like a Heisenberg type of person of color for these people, when you are at the voting poll.

Your skin color and your ability to vote can not be determined independently.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I like how equity has become the new word for both racism and discrimination, just more socially acceptable.

Previously I associated it with predatory banking practices. Crappy word all around but I can see why they went with it lol. It's reputation was poor to begin with

edit on 19112023 by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 03:57 PM
link   
The timing of this particular $4 million dollar grift is interesting.
Adams just announced giant budget cuts.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams unveiled his first round of budget cuts on Thursday. He wasn't kidding when he said they'd be painful. Five percent cuts across the board will affect every city agency. Sanitation programs and schools will feel the pinch, but the most dramatic effect will be on public safety and the NYPD.
"I am not going to do anything that's going to impact public safety in this city, I've made that clear over and over again," Adams said.
The budget director said the next five classes at the police academy will be canceled and the number of cops is expected to drop from 33,541 to about 29,000 in the fiscal year starting July 2024. That's the lowest number of cops since the 1990s, he said.
The Department of Education said there would be a $120 million cut to pre-K and 3-K programs, and an undetermined number of the 37,000 vacant slots will be left unfilled.

This dude is a vile rat. Take back your city proud New Yorkers.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Less cops more crime equal liberal sense.!!! How about cut mayor salary....

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Equity my ass this to get the jab to all those immigrants homeless in the streets, is incredible how California and NY are starting to look alike.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 04:50 PM
link   

He under investigation for fraud and corruption, the FBI is looking for ties to the Turkish government. or something like that.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 06:56 PM
link   
$4M seems a bit low for yanks to keep killing themselves.

Is this not a PR shield from all the publicity occurring because of the state’s backpay for public workers?

I’m back muv#as.

edit on 19-11-2023 by SteamyAmerican because: Wordz

edit on 19-11-2023 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Typical mistake, monies given to Not For Profits instead of Non Profits.
18 NFP's just hit the lottery.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

They call it "Vaccine Equity" for the poor, so they think they are getting something good. If they called it what it really was, "An Injection To Accelerate Death And Rid Us Of The Poor" it would be a mouth-full and a harder sell I think.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

They call it "Vaccine Equity" for the poor, so they think they are getting something good. If they called it what it really was, "An Injection To Accelerate Death And Rid Us Of The Poor" it would be a mouth-full and a harder sell I think.

Cheers - Dave
Better line up all the illegals.

I mean right? Only seems fair. Get your shot alongside your driver’s license and now you can get health care. And vote.

Or in relative terms. If you were a legal US citizen with those already goin for ya, you couldn’t have surgery bc “muh healthcare”.

edit on 19-11-2023 by SteamyAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 08:51 PM
link   
NY, like all cities run by the communists, is a complete clown show.

It's amazing that they never learn.

Look at Chicago, everyone hated Beetlejuice so they voted her out and replaced her with an even more commie POS.

Now that one has like a 30% approval rating. Like they expected anything different.

It's madness.

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

Cheers - Dave

I mean right? Only seems fair. Get your shot alongside your driver’s license and now you can get health care. And vote.

Or in relative terms. If you were a legal US citizen with those already goin for ya, you couldn’t have surgery bc “muh healthcare”.

Line up all the politicians first, repair the laws to match the constitution and then we can take care of the illegals problem.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2023 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SteamyAmerican

Cheers - Dave

Line up all the politicians first, repair the laws to match the constitution and then we can take care of the illegals problem.

Cheers - Dave
Noted. We are still trynna figure out if OMB or FBI and Frenz was responsible for the worst hit on American soil since 9/11 and /or Pearl Harbor.

posted on Nov, 20 2023 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Drugstorecowboy56
Less cops more crime equal liberal sense.!!! How about cut mayor salary....

Yet they plan on spending $12 billion on illegals by 2025.

Equity = anti-white racism.

new topics

top topics

join