It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Astronomers predict we will know if aliens exist… tomorrow… (dated Monday 21 Aug 2023)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Source dated Monday 21 Aug 2023: Astronomers predict we will know if aliens exist… tomorrow

Astronomers hope the reply from a message beamed into space 40 years ago could be detected tomorrow – proving the existence of extraterrestrial life.

On August 15, 1983, professors Masaki Morimoto and Hisashi Hirabayashi used an antenna at Stanford University in the US to send a burst of radio signals into the cosmos.

The message consisted of 13 drawings depicting the history of life on Earth, our solar system and the structure of DNA.

Today’s team, led by Shinya Narusawa at the University of Hyogo, Japan, predicts that around now is the earliest point at which a response from intelligent life could arrive – if anyone living near the star Altair heard it.

Altair, a relatively close 16.7 light-years away, is found in the Aquila constellation and is the 12th brightest star in the night sky.

13 images beamed into space in 1983…

At 10pm tomorrow night, the team will use the Japan Aerospace Exploration Agency’s (JAXA) antenna in Saku, central Japan, to scan the skies for a reply, listening in for an hour.

🤞🏻

Although I wouldn’t have chosen the superstitiously unlucky number of 13 for the amount of images transmitted…imo.

👽
edit on 22-8-2023 by Ophiuchus1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:36 AM
link   
How cool would it be to get something like this from another planet?

I particularly like image 11, where the woman looks like she has to pee.

And image 13, with a piece of toast being dropped into a toaster, and it even says TOAST right next to it.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 12:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Ophiuchus1

Having read The Three Body Problem, maybe sending signals into space is not the smartest thing to do!!

But that is just a sci-fi novel and has nothing to do with the real world! Right??

If any part of that novel is true, then we should pray that the signal is so weak that they can’t find it (us).

The idea is the heart of the Drake Equation. We should see intelligent life out there by now. Why not.???

A. All alien life is hostile to all other alien life.
B. We are in a bubble of spacetime where we can exist without interference for an extended period of time.
C. We are effin stupid and will be wiped out the first time someone detects us.

That is the premise of the TBP novel. And I have a problem with that cynical view.

Space is vast. It takes time/energy to get from A to B. So They are already here or we are still in a bubble apart from the United Federation of Planets.

I like being a wallflower and anonymous!

So, like the moon, another 50 years of being kept from contact. Maybe we can get our sh!t together before contact!

But I too am cynical on all humans too….

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Click baity headline is click baity.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Well this post didn’t age well. By my accounts the 21st has come and gone.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: ratcals

Hmmm….it was posted on Monday the 21st……the “tomorrow” is now today Tuesday the 22nd….depending on your time zone…..like mine Pacific……as I write this post….it’s 12:05 AM….with plenty of time still left in the 22nd “tomorrow”

😜

👽

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 03:51 AM
link   

A reply has already been recieved from ET from a message we sent into space in 1974.

On a serious note, during that interview David Fravor admits that during his time as a pilot, he faked ufo sightings.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 04:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ophiuchus1

originally posted by: ratcals

Hmmm….it was posted on Monday the 21st……the “tomorrow” is now today Tuesday the 22nd….depending on your time zone…..like mine Pacific……as I write this post….it’s 12:05 AM….with plenty of time still left in the 22nd “tomorrow”

😜

👽

I misread, I thought the announcement was to be made the 21ST. Okay, we’ll revisit in 24 hours and I’ll make the same statement and be correct that time.
edit on 22-8-2023 by ratcals because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 05:44 AM
link   

I wonder why they couldn't find anyone to make decent drawings.

If the Aliens know humans I suppose they are still laughing at the images.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 06:57 AM
link   
If they are no more advanced than we are, shouldn’t it take double that time? So 80 years?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Didnt we already recieve a reply from Aliens regarding the aricebo message we sent 1974?

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 07:35 AM
link   

we will know if aliens exist… tomorrow

[www.youtube.com...]

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: nugget1

we will know if aliens exist… tomorrow

[www.youtube.com...]

Oh yes, tomorrow.

www.youtube.com...

If Neil DeGrasse Tyson hasn't seen anything in the cosmos for all his professional life, we can be sure there is nothing up there to see, unless the aliens use magic stealth technology.
edit on q00000022831America/Chicago2626America/Chicago8 by quintessentone because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: quintessentone
If Neil DeGrasse Tyson hasn't seen anything in the cosmos for all his professional life, we can be sure there is nothing up there to see, unless the aliens use magic stealth technology.

Not necessarily, the lack of evidence is not evidence of lack of existence.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP

originally posted by: quintessentone

Not necessarily, the lack of evidence is not evidence of lack of existence.

Well, I'm beginning to question that line of thinking because of these recent (non-non) disclosures now I want to see evidence more and more.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Mahogany

Good observation! She does seem to be in a modest postion, protective of her parts where the male stands with his parts confidently. Its a revealing pictogram actually.

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

👽

Looks like a menu

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: WorldxGonexMad

Didnt we already recieve a reply from Aliens regarding the aricebo message we sent 1974?

When the Arecibo message was sent into space in 1974 – blasting the most powerful signal ever broadcast deep into the universe – it was a pioneering attempt to reach out to aliens, wherever they might be.

When a response came back in 2001, it was a hoax that showed just how much some people hope we can actually communicate with extraterrestrials. But that fake reply might actually be the message we ever get back from aliens.

That's because some of the greatest minds on Earth fear rather than hope for contact with extraterrestrial life. Because the real reply to the Arecibo message might actually be something far more terrifying.

What…..Arecibo sent out…

I like the Japanese Pictographs message better…….it tells an immediate story of evolution.

The Arecibo message looks like the style of graphics from the Arcade game …..Space Invaders!

👽

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TEOTWAWKIAIFF
, maybe sending signals into space is not the smartest thing to do!!

Yeah. I keep thinking of the Twilight Zone episode "It's a cook book".

posted on Aug, 22 2023 @ 09:14 AM
link   
a reply to: underpass61

The verbiage is also read right to left (Japanese) ….not left to right …to confuse the Aliens menu even more……

Once they figure it out the reply will of course be ….To Serve Man…..

👽

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join