It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manhunt After Worshipper In His 80s Doused In Petrol And Set Alight Outside London Mosque

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
Can you explain why you think the poor old man was an extremist of any sort or where there is any indication of such?

Terribly sorry I would be of no use debating the nuances of Islamofascism with you as my religion is science.

I have a secular worldview.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: iamthevirus

The UK is one of the most secularised nations in the world.

Good and bad people on both sides of what?

This thread is not about politics or Trump iamthevirus, not everything is you see.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:16 PM
link   

So that's a no then.

Imagine that.

The thread is not about you or your secular worldview nether.

Since you don't have anything meaningful to contribute.

Aside from nonsense opinions based on apparent sweet feck all.

And seem unable to answer simple questions, ile simply bid you a fair evening.

edit on 10-3-2023 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 06:23 PM
link   

The UK is one of the most secularised nations in the world.

But you're not on the map, explain that...

Practice what you preach.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:12 PM
link   

An 82-year-old man was nearly burned to death for whatever reason god only knows.
Who gives a rat's arse as to his political leanings.
Seek help you fool.

For some twisted, odd reason , iamthevirus
believes that atheists and secular countries do
not commit horrible crimes.
That ignorance in itself is uncivilized
and backward thinking.
Advise to iamthevirus >
Having a well rounded perspective is
having the ability to look inward.
Spreading hate while not having all the
facts is just ignorant and just
plain stupid.

|_______________

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Some additional information.

Police continue to search for the suspect who launched the attack before simply “walking away” from the scene as his victim burned to death.

The elderly victim was taken to hospital with severe burns to his neck, back, ears and hand after the attack outside the West London Islamic Center in Ealing.

The suspect was speaking to his elderly victim, who is now said to be recovering well at home, as they both left the mosque, according to Scotland Yard.

The pair are understood to have been speaking outside the building for around five minutes before the attacker sprayed the victim with fuel and set him on fire.

The perpetrator is believed to be a visitor to the mosque, with parishioners saying he is not a regular visitor and has not been seen in a long time.

“We know neither his whereabouts nor his motive,” said a spokesman for the mosque. “We are truly stunned and want him arrested.”

ukdaily.news...

Good news that the man is now out of the hospital and apparently back home, hopefully he makes a full recovery.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
iamthevirus believes that atheists and secular countries.

I believe them silly atheists shouldn't pay taxes to the Church of England or reserve seats to religious institutions in their house of commons if they really believe they're atheists.

Parochial church councils continue to levy voluntary rates by virtue of the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956.[6]

All Church of England Churches continue to levy the church rate.[7]

Hampstead Parish Church has documented their procedures for raising a voluntary rate,[8] by way of good practice.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn
a reply to: andy06shake

Ideological differences?
Cultural differences?
I guess its all guesswork until more evidence is available.
Not nice no matter what.

There are two types of muslims; Sunni and Shia.
They both hate each other when they're not hating Christians.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

There are more than two types of Muslims, but you wouldn't see a Sufi dare show up at a regular mosque with either of the other two.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

I think they attend different mosques in the same to similar manner Catholics go to a Chapel whilst Protestants go to Church.

So him being there would be kind of out of kilter if he was from the opposing side of the religious coin.

The perpetrator is believed to be a visitor to the mosque, with parishioners saying he is not a regular visitor and has not been seen in a long time.

In the above part of the article, it seems to suggest someone at least has seen him before at the mosque a long time ago, hopefully, that fact and the pictures of him may help the Police and authorities track him down.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:37 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I think religiously speaking their worship is pretty similar. The big disagreement is over who succeeds the Prophet Mohammad. However, in terms of practice, one can pass for the other if needed. Sufi beliefs are significantly different.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:42 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

If it wasn't for double standards the Left wouldn't have any standards at all.

Where Are They Now?

Combatting Islamophobia, however, is a progressive priority, and so it is noticed and addressed when it strikes.
edit on 10-3-2023 by iamthevirus because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:48 PM
link   

a reply to: carewemust

What makes you say that?

Because the backpack appears to be unattended?

Could be right.

Yes. I think minor bombings are far more common in the UK than they are here in the United States.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: iamthevirus

originally posted by: ToneDeaf
iamthevirus believes that atheists and secular countries.

atheists shouldn't pay taxes to the Church of England

How about YOUR u.s $ going to these folks ? >
Shouldn't you be solving your own problems before
judging others ?
Look in the mirror
Photo> u.s. secular ? Lol
i.imgflip.com...

Photo>NON-secular white-house
tse1.mm.bing.net...

Anyways, BACK TO THE Original O.P.
Good to hear the 80year old is recovering.
It doesn't matter who . . .
if the perp is (atheist, or the pope himself . . .)
Hope they incarcerate the perp Asp.
the sooner the better !

edit on 10/3/23 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
. . . dare show up at a regular mosque with either of the other two.

If you only knew.
Have you ever been to a mosque or even a church ?
fyi No one ever asks if your circumcised either.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter
a reply to: abe froman

How do you know right now it's not the far right? Sitting there in the States I guess. The far right is being activated all over the UK and attacking asylum centres etc. People are being attacked by them everywhere. It's not far from the imigination that this attack is far right. I just guess you can't see that

rar right means something different over there.i guess.

the alleged is black and in a mosque.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Nobody has a clue what this guys motives are.

For all any of us know it could be the old guy molested the attackers sister or something and the 5 minutes of talking was "Hey mate, did you rape my little sister?"

Could be a disagreement over whether the sky is green or brown with pink polka dots.

But sure, with nothing to go on, I'm gonna say it's antifa nazi alien panda bears from mars letting us know they're responsible for climate change. We'd be fools to ignore this warning.

Now excuse me, I need to go see a doctor. I need professional medical help removing my arm from my backside. It got stuck there while I was reaching for hypotheticals based on absolutely nothing.

edit on 10-3-2023 by AtomicKangaroo because: added an haitch to turn te into the

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

Leaving the mosque together is the ultimate disguise for the attacker in many ways. The point I was making above is one never knows who is far right these days. Everything is so mixed up look at Zelensky and his control over the most Nazi military in the whole of Europe. It's totally confusing these days. Right wing is on the growth they take many outward appearances yet they are all full on Nazis at heart

This is very true, ypu just have to look at the left in the US, they are currently in full support of the far right in Ukraine. Back in 2014 when Victoria Nuland, John McCain, Lindsay Graham and various others were supporting and helping the illegal Coup by members of the far right in Ukraine, democrats and the left in the US were absolutely disgusted by Nuland, Graham and McCain etc and most were against this coup of the democratically elected Ukrainian government. Well what do you know what they were once against (those same far right Nationalists in Ukraine) they are now supporting

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ToneDeaf

If you get caught out by the wrong Muslims, those who follow Sufism are in deep trouble ... maybe set on fire even.

posted on Mar, 10 2023 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I'm just glad it's only limited to Muslims.

You'd never find a 'wrong' Jew, Christian, Buddhist or even Atheists doing this kind of stuff or similar.

Imagine how awful the world would be if every religion had 'wrong' types in them.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join