It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO or Blimp?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Twitter

Down further in the twitter thread someone thinks it's a sensor platform.

What say you all?

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:02 AM
link   
A fish

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:06 AM
link   
a reply to: DaRAGE

Wonder Woman?

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Doesn't the military have a small fleet of high-atmosphere surveillance and testing airships/mini blimps?

Here is a known model, imagine what is unknown or secret.

www.wired.com...
edit on 19-12-2022 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:56 AM
link   

This is a very honest question.
Do you honestly believe that a high profile top secret airframe would be operating over civilian airspace?
I would go with no. So the possibility of the images captured are of known things....pretty likely
Just sayin

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Cool pics though

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 04:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6
Doesn't the military have a small fleet of high-atmosphere surveillance and testing airships/mini blimps?

Here is a known model, imagine what is unknown or secret.

www.wired.com...

Yes they do mate.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 05:34 AM
link   
That's obviously a Luminous Sky Whale.

Nice find, I've only ever heard about them.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 05:41 AM
link   
A watcher looking north at China

My guess, but they usually have an instrument package underneath. probably a newer version.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: GENERAL EYES
That's obviously a Luminous Sky Whale.

That's a good one! I was wondering if there were any swamps nearby....

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow
Wonder Woman?

Man, you beat me to it! That was my first thought as well.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 06:36 AM
link   
A scene for an upcoming Sharknado movie ?

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 07:24 AM
link   
I saw a blimp flying over Dallas, TX in the 90's that utilized some kind of cloaking device that appeared to be similar to this:

The cloaking device didn't appear to be working properly though. I could see the blimp because the cloaked image was slightly different than the sky behind the blimp. The blimp also had a small cloud traveling with it underneath the blimp, in an otherwise cloudless sky. It was actually the cloud that attracted my attention. It was also at night time. The lights from the city may have illuminated the outline of the blimp more so than if it had been away from city lights.
edit on 19-12-2022 by checkers101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I remember watching 60 Minutes and other programs where they discuss new technology being developed, like robot-assisted soldiers, gene splicing, cell phones, designer babies, cloaking devices, etc.
20-30 or more years go by with very little being said, and it passes away from public thought-then out of the clear blue they announce we have the fully developed technology.

If they're willing to tell us what they're working on, you can bet it's already been perfected and we're just being conditioned accept it as an integral part of 'progress'.

Remember Dolly, the sheep? She was a shock to most of the world, yet shouldn't have been. We were told decades before her creation that they were developing that technology.

You can use these little 'soft reveals' to 'predict' the future direction of society and the repercussions that accompany such 'advancements' in science.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Plot twist: "Aliens" fly around in blimps.
All this time they've been telling you that what you, the UFO witness, has seen was a balloon or a blimp, they've been secretly admitting the truth: they're here, and they're piloting your blimps.

Remember that next time Goodyear is hovering ominously above a sports stadium.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 10:16 AM
link   

This looks like an aerostat, like they have in the Florida keys (for monitoring immigration)...its called "fat albert"

www.google.com...:1671466558512&source=lnms&tb m=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwj1h-WTiob8AhVyl3IEHVZiBa4Q_AUoAXoECAEQAw&biw=1920&bih=937&dpr=1

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: DaRAGE

Twitter

Down further in the twitter thread someone thinks it's a sensor platform.

What say you all?

I think it's actually a dirigible, not a blimp. A blimp is just a balloon that requires pressure inside to make it keep its shape. A dirigible has a lightweight skeleton structure inside (like the Hindenburg) to give it its shape. A dirigible gets its lift from low pressure gas bags inside filled with the lifting gas (Hydrogen or Helium). I think the upper surface of this dirigible is made of a clear plastic and that there are solar cell arrays inside to provide electrical power to operate the thing.

Yes, it's almost certainly a sensor platform. Probably radar along with electro-optical/IR. A radar antenna could be entirely inside the vehicle looking downward through the skin.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: 1947boomer

And airships do not need to have "solid" frames for internal structural support either.

There are ongoing developments which actually use inflated high pressure rigid "air beams" for support.

Also, since high pressure lighter than air vehicles can be designed to remain aloft for days, or even weeks, at a time, and can fly at altitudes that make them all but invulnerable to "most" anti-aircraft missiles (a remotely piloted prototype airship was successfully tested at 95k ft years ago), it is quite possible that an advanced ISR platform might, low-key, be deployed a continent away from its target theater for convenience (and security).

Just because we can see it doesn't mean they will be able to see (or track) it when it gets to where it's going. Even if they know what it is!

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 01:29 PM
link   
In response to the OP, I would say airship, surveillance platform, as other posters have described.

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

This is a very honest question.
Do you honestly believe that a high profile top secret airframe would be operating over civilian airspace?
I would go with no. So the possibility of the images captured are of known things....pretty likely
Just sayin

Incorrect. They are routinely flown over civilian airspace, as far as I can tell.

posted on Dec, 19 2022 @ 03:47 PM
link   

When I saw that pictures I remebered something I saw some years ago - so I went to search.

There is a company that I first don`t remembered that has announced something very similar.
If this pictures are real there is a high chance we look at a early version of StratoBus - it was annouced to fly before 2020 but didn`t arrive yet. The company is called Thales and they said this thing would be ready by now.

Here are some renders from the concept back then:

www.thalesgroup.com...

edit on 19-12-2022 by Sanitarium79 because: clean up

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join