It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RED ALERT.. Most Tsunami Warning Buoys OFFLINE or Malfunctioning in Atlantic Ocean

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ByteChanger

originally posted by: Signals
the US east coast will be BLIND-SIDED because 80% of our tsunami warning buoys are not working.

Wouldn't the remaining 20% give you some kind of a warning?

If I have 5 clocks in my house, and 3 don't work. I could still tell you what time it is.

If you have 5 smoke detectors in your house and one battery, are you going to wake up before being overcome by smoke?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Have we ever had a real tsunami hit the Atlantic coast?

having said that, S&F for OP. this is the sort of thing one finds on this site thats almost impossible to find in the 'mainstream' media.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ElGoobero

Have we ever had a real tsunami hit the Atlantic coast?
There isn't much evidence at all for anything really important on the Eastern Seaboard having occurred. Ever.

A landslide does not produce the same sort of wave (very long wavelength) that an undersea fault displacement (like Indonesia) does. While a catastrophic failure on La Palma (assuming it occurs) would have severe nearby effects (including some coastal areas of Europe and Africa), it would not be likely to create an Atlantic spanning event. Just not enough energy involved.

For Surinam, at a distance of 4700 km from La Palma, the r-1 decline yields a wave height of about a meter, and the r-1.85 decline yields a wave height of only about 2 cm. For Florida, at a distance of 6100 km, the r-1 decline yields a wave height of about 77 cm, and the r-1.85 decline yields a wave height of only about 1.2 cm. Even the largest of these estimates is considerably smaller than the worrisome values given by Ward and Day (2001).

tsunamisociety.org...

Hurricanes are, no doubt, of much higher concern than the Canary Islands. They can produce some very large sea level effects and surf.
edit on 9/18/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
A mountain will slide into the ocean if that earthquake hits the Canary Islands in the right way and sets off the volcano there. I seen a documentary on it something like 100ft tsunami will hit United States.

Just pray you're not on the sh1tter.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Randyvine2

You'd have about 5 hours to get off the pot in order to avoid that 3 foot wave.

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Signals

Sooo... Russia just needs to detonate a large nuke underwater and the USA won’t have any warning?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

Sooo... Russia just needs to detonate a large nuke underwater and the USA won’t have any warning?

Russia doesn’t need to do that, they can sit back and let nature do it.

I wonder if Joe would invite China and the U.N. in to help “clean up” in a worst case scenario?

posted on Sep, 18 2021 @ 09:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: Randyvine2

You'd have about 5 hours to get off the pot in order to avoid that 3 foot wave.

So we agree that any hyperbole in regards to La Palma at this time is 100%
unwarranted?

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ever look into the massive flank collapses of the Hawaiian Islands in eons past? I’d not have wanted to be anywhere Nor’west to Nor’east of them.
Evidence of the Aleutians being over-washed.
Too lazy to drag links and stuff today.....sorry.

a reply to: Phage

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:06 AM
link   
What’s the point?
IF such a scenario presented itself millions would not be able to run far enough, fast enough.
Don’t sweat the small stuff.
I’ve been using NDB reports for decades in real life.
They can not be counted on.....

a reply to: beyondknowledge

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 12:15 AM
link   

That article is from 2013. Have they done anything to remedy the situation in the last 8 years? I live on the Florida east coast less than 1/2 mile to the ocean on a salt marsh.

This is seriously disturbing considering:

Nestled on the western side of La Palma sits the Cumbre Vieja volcano, like a pot of water waiting to boil over. Its last big eruption was more than 50 years ago, but everyone knows it’s only a matter of time before it unleashes the beast inside.

As that wave travels from Africa to the west, it would move about as fast as a jet airliner, about 500 MPH. About eight hours later, that wave would reach the North American coastline and begin to pile up on top of itself, creating upwards of a ONE HUNDRED TWENTY FOOT TALL wall of water, smashing into the ENTIRE east coast.

All the major cities would be wiped out. Boston, New York, Baltimore, Washington, DC, Norfolk, VA, Charleston, SC, Jacksonville, FL, Miami, would all be inundated by a giant wall of water. Most buildings within ten miles of the coast would be physically knocked down by the wave. Almost nothing would survive.

Source

I sure hope they get the funds to bring this east coast tsunami warning system up to snuff and pronto!

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 09:42 AM
link   

How "Convenient"

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Yes … during the hurricane if 1935 . It hit Islmorada key in the Florida keys .it’s the only known tsunami to hit the US . A lot of people died .

a reply to: ElGoobero

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 01:53 PM
link   
For what's worth, to add some info to the thread...

rt.com

A volcano erupted on La Palma, one of Spain’s Canary Islands off Africa’s Atlantic coast, on Sunday, sending large plumes of grey smoke into the air.
On Saturday, a 3.2-magnitude earthquake was reported on the island. It was followed by four tremors on Sunday morning, with the most powerful said to have reached 3.8 magnitude.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: PiratesCut

Ever look into the massive flank collapses of the Hawaiian Islands in eons past?
Yes. Yes I have. As a matter of fact I live in what's left of the caldera of what was once Koolau Mountain. Do you think there is a great similarity to the conditions of the Canary Islands? Would you like to start with a comparison of the size of the volcanoes and their structure?

Evidence of the Aleutians being over-washed.
I'd like to see that. I'm sorry that you're too lazy but since the Nuuanu landslides occurred more than a million years ago I would be interested in learning more.

edit on 9/19/2021 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 03:13 PM
link   
www.npr.org...

Looks like it’s erupting

edit on 19-9-2021 by bearcat6629 because: More information

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge
A mountain will slide into the ocean if that earthquake hits the Canary Islands in the right way and sets off the volcano there. I seen a documentary on it something like 100ft tsunami will hit United States.

I saw the same doc several years ago. It said if that mountain slides into the sea (which is more than your usual landslide), it’ll create 100ft tsunami travelling at 200 mph across the Atlantic, wiping out the east coast. It’d also take out some off Europe and the U.K.

That’s what I remember of the doc - think it was on the bbc! How accurate, I’ve no idea - don’t shoot the messenger.

edit on 19-9-2021 by McGinty because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

That was storm surge, not a tsunami. They're a different generation process.

There have been several tsunamis in the United States, with records going back to 1788.

posted on Sep, 19 2021 @ 11:53 PM
link   
So, the People in charge of making sure that detection ability is functional, don't have any warning if they are going to be hit?

Good for them.

That's called Overpaid Morons.
edit on 19-9-2021 by CryHavoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2021 @ 05:52 PM
link   

It seems to be dated 2013. Is this a current article or 8 years old?

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join