It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who else lost their job due to the Coronavirus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I’ve lost my business already, due to the virus. Took me almost 5 years to build it up. Just expanded it a month and a half ago (mega bills). Everything was going excellent. Until this virus came along. Literally, since a week ago, it hit a wall. Everyone is canceling their bookings — seeking full refunds. Haven’t had one single call for a new booking in 10 days. I usually get 3-5 a day.

40 years old and it looks like I’m moving in with dad 115 miles away. Thankfully, I had some equity in one of my vehicles. Refinanced that so I can live off it for a couple months. Still not enough to pay the bills, though.

I knew my biz would struggle in a slow economy. Also knew I could weather that storm, if it ever came. However, this isn’t slow. It’s non existent.

How is the rest of ATS fairing?

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: KKLOCO

That's awful. Here's hoping you land on both feet.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Believe it or not, because of coronavirus I have to get a job. Crazytown, my life.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Condolocenses my friend, my family have suffered from my wife being diagnosed with brain cancer before Christmas, life throws us curveballs, but take strength you have built a business before and you will rise from the ashes in the near future and do so again.

Wishing the best

link   

What was your business, if you don't mind me asking?

link   
a reply to: F2d5thCavv2

Thanks bro. I’m not looking for pity though. Just wanted to get a pulse on how this is affecting everyone.

I don’t know if I’m in denial or what. Just stunned

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

One of my clients makes sporting equipment and let's just say it's been a slow week so far.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: UpIsNowDown

Thank you for the kind words. I guess you just put it into perspective for me. Brain cancer makes my issues look like nothing.

My positive thoughts are with you and your whole family. I hope your wife will be okay.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

That sucks buddy. Life can be so f'in unfair sometimes. Take a deep breath, regroup and hopefully you can weather the storm until you get back on your feet. Wishing you better days ahead!

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Macenroe82

What was your business, if you don't mind me asking?

I tried to keep this private for the longest time. But I guess it really doesn’t matter anymore.

I own / owned a wine tour biz. Lots of bachelorette parties. No bachelorette parties when everyone is postponing / canceling their weddings.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Just applied for unemployment here in Ky.

They say with direct deposit I can get benefits in 3 to 4 days.

I'm not betting on it.

My landlord is 100% cool about it and isn't even thinking about any evictions.

Talked to my car loan people and their response was like Paulie in Goodfellas- " F- you, pay me."

My phone bill is due in one week.

I have less than $200 as of right now to get through this.

I wish the government would suspend all repos and disconnections throughout the national emergency.

When this is over, who I do business with and buy things from will be majorly influenced by how corporations act in response to the crisis.

Don't be a douchebag corporate USA.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO
I own / owned a wine tour biz. Lots of bachelorette parties.

Wow, that doubly sucks.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

Thanks Shawman.

I’m just trying to figure out what message I send to my kids about this. I don’t want them to live in fear. However, I don’t know how to counteract that, with everything going on.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I see that too many people put all their eggs in one basket.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I own / owned a wine tour biz. Lots of bachelorette parties.

Wow, that doubly sucks.

Not as fun as you’d think. Girls are crazy when they run in packs.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:53 PM
link   
At least the virus hit your business and not you. Good health can be well capitalized now. Best wishes for you.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Not as fun as you’d think. Girls are crazy when they run in packs.

Girls are crazy when they're solo.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

I’m sorry for your losses. Amazing the auto loan treated you that way...

I’m anticipating the same for my loans.

The big banks will be more lenient, I believe. Bailouts for them coming.

I’m worried about the smaller banks. Which most my loans are through. They tend to operate just like the Maffia, as you mentioned.

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I’m just trying to figure out what message I send to my kids about this. I don’t want them to live in fear. However, I don’t know how to counteract that, with everything going on.

Maybe something along the lines that occasionally big things happen that people are affected by and can't control. Stress that people usually get through these chaotic periods ... BUT there will be significant change along the way.

Your comment made me think about the observations my parents used to make about the Great Depression and World War II.

Hopefully any disruption caused by CV will be of shorter duration.

Cheers

posted on Mar, 17 2020 @ 01:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn
I see that too many people put all their eggs in one basket.

Well, after a nasty divorce then starting a business, what other options did I have? The business was doing excellent for a long time. It justified expanding and dumping everything I had into it. For the future. Now there is no future.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join