It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rich hating welfare claimants

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   

AlaskanDad

The Rich screw the system because Congress gave them thousands of pages of loopholes to do it with. Are they evil to follow the law....or is it the people who wrote the law they follow?
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Please don't forget the lobbyist who write the laws full of loopholes that are passed by our congress, as they certainly deserve a share of the blame.

edit on 25-2-2014 by AlaskanDad because: oops left out the don't behind Please (morning I need more coffee)

Remember the wealthy buy these politicians so the politicians pass the laws that the wealthy wrote.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:36 PM
link   

dawnstar
reply to post by beezzer

you forgot healthcare! to me a need is anything that the gov't makes an effort and taxes us to give to the "poor"
so well
food
shelter
medical care
transportation of some type since if that poor person gets a job it will come with additional money for them to use to get to and from work
decent clothing
a bare bones phone service
childcare if needed for work
unfortunately the amount of money it takes to provide these things for oneself and family is taking more and more out of the paychecks of many people..
I got news for you
with both me and my husband working we didn't have many of those nice extras and well couldn't afford the healthcare costs!
once I quit my job because I got tired of falling down at work well we gave up a few more including the second car. from then on if I wanted to go anywhere..like looking for a job well it was walking 7 miles into town and then wandering around placing applications in places. I did this till the ankle finally broke and well you I am pretty sure know the rest of the story

part of the aminousity towards the poor coming from the middle class could very well be coming from the fact that we are getting tired of pitching in and providing three meals a day to them when we are eating only every other day, helping them obtain medical care when we are sick or hurt hurting like hades and being told to tough it out and give up more! heck we already have less than what our taxes are providing to the poor! oh and then there's the great one!! "we aren't paying taxes"...lol. I am gonna try that one on uncle sam next year when he comes wanting the money we owe as a penalty because we can't afford the insurance and continue eating!!!

The wealthy take a bigger slice of the pie every year...and then convince the middle class to blame the poor.

Crabs in a bucket.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM
link   

calstorm

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by freedomSlave

Maybe if you weren't so lazy and stupid you would be able to see your kids. Should we take from others to give to you? You are paid what you are worth, and you will work as much as you are told to. Stop complaining about your situation. You made the choices that put you there.

This has been one of the most disgusting posts I have ever seen on ATS. you should be ashamed of yourself! Did you even read his post?
I am still holding out hope that it was sarcasm and I just missed it.

The Man clearly stated that he is a hard worker. Nothing in his post indicated that he was lazy, just the opposite.

Everyone works hard. Even the 8 dollar an hour factory workers work hard. Of course, it was sarcasm.

What I posted to him was a way of conveying a message. That is the mentality that is being pushed on the working class by the ruling class. Any time you hear someone talk like that to ANYONE, they are full of it. I don't care if they are talking to Mcdonald's worker like that. It is truly how many people think, though, especially Republicans. By preaching about "personal responsibility," twisting up the Bible to make it appear to say the opposite of what it says, and manipulating the perceptions of working class people who care about family - they have effectively subverted the free will of the working class and made us all fight over the crumbs that fall off the table of the ruling class. Don't get me wrong, I don't like Democrats either, but Republicans tend to be the worst.
edit on 25-2-2014 by FreeWillAnomaly because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I have yet to read much (except for a very few) about personal responsibility.

It's easy to play the victim. It's socially acceptable now.

I moved to get the job I wanted. And when that fell through? I moved again!

It's easy and acceptable to blame others for your misfortunes. What is hard is making a living in this day and age. But people still do it.

I guess I missed the part where it was supposed to be easy. (Still waiting for my trophy)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Soloprotocol
reply to post by LUXUS

But you were perfectly happy to take the peoples hard earned Tax money to pay your mortgage when it suited you?.. Pot-Kettle anyone..

You are living on benefits aren't you ...

Do you know if you have 4 kids you get your rent paid and over two grand a month [ after tax]
Why would these people work .. they call dole day ' pay day '.
They get more then most people who work it is disgusting actually.

Check out the 'benefits' [ the money stolen from people who work in extreme tax ] calculator ... www.gov.uk...

BTW the pensions are not 'benefits' people have paid for them through national insurance their whole lives.

People who lose their job or cannot work deserve a decent dole payment which they do NOT get now.

Benefit scroungers are parasites in our society - ie: they are the ones with loads of welfare babies - they have never paid any taxes. they have never contributed anything to our society IMO

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HelenConway

Your opinion is foolish but I never realized how much farther the UK has come in treatment of the poor than we have. Maybe the UK did get SOMETHING right for once.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

my1percent
There is a television show ( I really don't watch that much tv true lol) in Australia that takes the piss out of long term welfare persons and it is hilarious , gross , shocking ,funny and when telling some people about it and saying watch it , they can see certain people they know in the programme and will say yeah " that dazza and shazza are very much like so and so" .

I would like to get the dvd and send it to a friend overseas but I think they might not get the Aussie humour and they might be shocked by the swearing and gross stuff . I don't know if it's on ytube and wouldn't know how to bring it across .

It is a really good example on this thread 1%

Edit , it's called housos or houseos not sure of the spelling.
edit on 25-2-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2014 by my1percent because: (no reason given)

that would be "housos"...and it is very funny and closer to the truth than many would think

edit on 25-2-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

In another thread you posted that you make 6 figures, and before that you were an officer in the military. I guess I missed the part where you struggled. Anyone who makes what you made for the majority of your adult life can move and get a new job. People struggling to get by working to provide for a family off of less than 10 an hour are the ones who have it hard. You have it easy.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   

LUXUS
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The idea that people on welfare are the poorest people is wrong, they get enough money through subletting their partners state provided flat, scamming, and some work cash in hand jobs.

In Britain - they get thousands a ,month in cash and a free house - if they have enough kids.

You would need to earn about 60 grand before tax to make what a welfare claimant in the UK with 4 kids get.

If they manage to get one of their kids diagnosed with ADHD or something similar they will get more money , mobility allowance [ free car ] , carers allowance on top of everything else.

They get a lot of money.

BUT if you are hard working and lose your job - no kids, you get virtually nothing.

[ that is 60 grand in pounds not dollars]

If you are old you get virtually nothing.
edit on 25-2-2014 by HelenConway because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by beezzer

In another thread you posted that you make 6 figures, and before that you were an officer in the military. I guess I missed the part where you struggled. Anyone who makes what you made for the majority of your adult life can move and get a new job. People struggling to get by working to provide for a family off of less than 10 an hour are the ones who have it hard. You have it easy.

I didn't get it handed to me. I had to earn it. Every step of the way. I never complained, I never blamed others. I'm not smarter than anyone else, nor are my parents super-wealthy who gave me everything in life.

I worked and went to school and worked and took any and every assignment given to me. I embraced responsibility.

And it's paying off. I worked and sacrificed so my family DIDN'T struggle. So glad you think it's easy. But it comes as a cumulation of a lifetime of hard work.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by HelenConway

Your opinion is foolish but I never realized how much farther the UK has come in treatment of the poor than we have. Maybe the UK did get SOMETHING right for once.

It is not an opinion.

The welfare claimants in the UK are very very well paid and they get given free houses, some brand new. Free cars .. [ some ]
Also loads of money.

Income support
Tax credit
working tax credit
child benefit
Rent allowance.
Disability payments and carers allowance - usually most families on welfare will be getting most of these [ maybe not disability or mobility - but the rest].

Check out the benefits calculator

These people are not poor.

It is people who work who are poor in the UK - their money is stolen from them in tax and they get nothing from the govt.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

beezzer

FreeWillAnomaly
reply to post by beezzer

I didn't get it handed to me. I had to earn it. Every step of the way. I never complained, I never blamed others. I'm not smarter than anyone else, nor are my parents super-wealthy who gave me everything in life.

I worked and went to school and worked and took any and every assignment given to me. I embraced responsibility.

And it's paying off. I worked and sacrificed so my family DIDN'T struggle. So glad you think it's easy. But it comes as a cumulation of a lifetime of hard work.

How many of your friends were shot before they even graduated? Did you have to defend your life while in high school or as a young adult? Did you ever go hungry and have to rob for food before you graduated? Do you have PTSD and depression now? Did you have to deal with any permanent physical injuries, PTSD, depression, and having absolutely no money before graduating high school? Did you have to carry weapons before even turning 18 as a matter of survival?

All that happened was you had a situation that was conductive to the path you were taking. You worked hard, sure, but that doesn't really matter because given the right wiring in the brain and the right circumstances, anyone will work hard. Hard work barely counts for anything, and whining about personal responsibility means nothing when your ears are ringing. There is a system perpetuating suffering, and you are willingly partaking in the continuation of logically flawed ideology that results in countless deaths every year, and even more lives ruined than that. As long as you actually know what you are doing, that's fine. It's your choice, and you will own it.

You say you had to struggle, well the amount to which you struggled is relative.

And yes, it is supposed to be easy. We can make it easy on each other. It's not like we are being sent to combat and have to be mentally prepared for prolonged combat. Like my cousin, who had to kill and watched people get blown up as a cav scout. He's almost dead from drinking and people like you are perpetuating the mentality that says it's his fault because he is irresponsible. Meanwhile congressmen are smoking cigars on a yacht, spending insulting amounts of money on trivial luxuries, and watching the water move. But hey, they deserve it, they were responsible. Right?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by FreeWillAnomaly

Awww, I'm so sorry it's hard for you and that you want it easy.

Work is hard (frowny face)

Life is hard ( double frowny face)

No amount of petty whining from the entitled is going to get me to change my position.

Do you want your trophy now?

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:06 PM
link   
deux post
edit on 25-2-2014 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:09 PM
link   

beezzer

No amount of petty whining from the entitled is going to get me to change my position.

Just remember that you made a choice of your own free will, and you were completely aware of your decision and it's consequences. Your heart was hardened to the truth of human suffering, and you did not care. You will be held responsible for that decision.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

FreeWillAnomaly

beezzer

Just remember that you made a choice of your own free will, and you were completely aware of your decision and it's consequences. Your heart was hardened to the truth of human suffering, and you did not care. You will be held responsible for that decision.

Oh goody.

threats.

*yawn*

You have no idea of the work I do, nor the talent required to perform it, nor whom benefits from my work.

So empty gestures aside, my thought still stands that it is personal responsibility that'll see a person better him/herself over an entitlement mentality.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I have a very good idea.

I made no threats. I simply stated a fact.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I just sent you a pm , but feel I must say it here , looks like you have kick your butt Saturn , well under control through hard work and assuming your responsibilities good on ya. You must have reaped some rewards for that .1%

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

my1percent
reply to post by beezzer

I just sent you a pm , but feel I must say it here , looks like you have kick your butt Saturn , well under control through hard work and assuming your responsibilities good on ya. You must have reaped some rewards for that .1%

Everything I've earned, everything I've done has been through hard work. Nothing has ever been "given" to me. I'd be shocked if someone did. (and I wouldn't trust them either)

Turning 51 this year. Still think I have plenty left. Going to start treating myself to all those years when I couldn't. Simple things. Fishing with my sons. Spending time with the wife.
And always a good single malt.

posted on Feb, 25 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
You are only looking at half the picture, and acting just as deluded as those people.

First of all you seem to equate wealth with hard work. First fallacy. We have been brainwashed into thinking wealthy people are hard workers. There is no hard work involved being basically born into royalty. If you cannot understand the difference between being born with a silver spoon in your mouth, and being born on your mom's couch at home, as far as how it effects your ability to succeed, then you need to do some more thinking.

Then you assume people are angry with the wealthy because of jealousy. Some are I'm sure. Others are angry because the wealthy use their money to control the world, literally. For ALL of "civilized" human history the wealthy have used their influence and power to stack the deck against anyone else being able to succeed.

Why do you think there are so many regulations on industry? For our own good? No. It's because wealthy industry leaders have stolen control of the world, they run things, and THEY set the rules to avoid competition. You think you can work hard, make a better product, and become wealthy? Probably not. Because the deck is stacked against you. Your better product doesn't mean crap unless you have a half million dollar bond to get licensed to sell your product. Are you starting to understand?

Hopefully. Your programming runs deem I'm sure, but you can overcome it.

If I hand you a billion dollars tomorrow, do you suddenly become a better person? More worthy of respect, admiration, defense, because you are wealthy? No. If anything you become a worse person because that's what human history has taught us. Humans are weak, and if you give them too much power, they will be corrupted and become evil.

Money is power, and NOBODY should exercise the level of power these people do. Do you have the right to control the judicial system? Do you have the right to swing elections against the will of the people? Wealthy people enjoy that right, and you are defending it. Just disgusting.

Then you have the other half the coin, stupid ignorant poor people who think the guy that makes 250,000 a year is "rich" and the cause of the world's ills. The type of people who think being rich means fun toys and partying. No, being rich means being powerful. It means destroying other people's lives, being callous, without empathy, sucking the world dry and then blaming the starving for eating too much. THAT is what true wealthy people do. THAT is your great person you aspire to be.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join