It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giant Squid Seen as "Omen"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Several Giant Squid perhaps up to 24' in length have been uncharacteristically showing up in fishing nets off the coast of Japan.

Fishermen are stunned at the occurences:

He told The Japan Times yesterday: “I had seen no giant squid before in my 15-year fishing career. I wonder whether it may be some kind of omen.”

Some scientists are speculating that the squid may be a "bit cold".

Mr Kubodera speculated that the giant squid have been rising closer to the surface looking for warmer water, but find themselves being swept closer to the shore and into the fisherman's nets.

Cold or affected by those isotopes?????

LINK

edit on 21-2-2014 by QuantumKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by QuantumKat

Can you post a link to your source, please.
I don't see it in the OP.

Interesting though....

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

QuantumKat
Several Giant Squid perhaps up to 24' in length have been uncharacteristically showing up in fishing nets off the coast of Japan.

Fishermen are stunned at the occurences:

He told The Japan Times yesterday: “I had seen no giant squid before in my 15-year fishing career. I wonder whether it may be some kind of omen.”

Some scientists are speculating that the squid may be a "bit cold".

Mr Kubodera speculated that the giant squid have been rising closer to the surface looking for warmer water, but find themselves being swept closer to the shore and into the fisherman's nets.

Cold or affected by those isotopes?????

LINK

edit on 21-2-2014 by QuantumKat because: (no reason given)

Can you say Calamari?

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 08:56 PM
link   

They have been studying them there for few years now. It is not new for them to show up in nets. The speculation that is more likely is it is mating season. Little is known about this but they theorize they do not mate very often, possibly years. Keeps their numbers low but reality is no one knows.

They live in depths we can't get to. It just goes to show we know very little about life in the depths and what could be there.

The Bot

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   

I'm led to believe that scientists don't know as much as they should regarding these animals, so how do they know that there hasn't just been a population explosion of these things and that in turn has maybe created a few more stupid giant squid?

Just saying

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Zcustosmorum

I'm led to believe that scientists don't know as much as they should regarding these animals, so how do they know that there hasn't just been a population explosion of these things and that in turn has maybe created a few more stupid giant squid?

Just saying

You are right. Scientists do not know as much as they think. They change minds all the time based on the evidence they have collected. Most can not agree with one another and the evidence keeps changing.

As for the calamari, most likely theses creatures work off of frequencies and the EISCAT is full force. Hence the nasty weather around the globe.

Just a thought.

Thanks for the info

posted on Feb, 21 2014 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Mama, mia!!!
That would make a LOT of sushi!!! Ha, ha, ha!

WOQ

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

maybe japan is about to get another big quake/tsunami. lets hope not.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Release the Kraken!

Seriously though. I doubt this is anything ominous or a 'sign' mostly because I don't believe in superstitious nonsense and realise that the Fukishima disaster, while catastrophic at a local level did not have quite the environmental impact as certain fringe news sites would have you believe.

posted on Feb, 24 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

wasobservingquietly
Mama, mia!!!
That would make a LOT of sushi!!! Ha, ha, ha!

WOQ

no, it would make a lot of "sashimi"...."sushi" is basically steamed rice with added ingredients (mostly vegetables, but can include meat)

top topics

join