It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is wrong with "Breaking News" in the United States

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Woman slaps another Woman, Lawsuit

In what way is this breaking news that I really need to know about. This story popped up on my Yahoo breaking news feed. I know the woman is the daughter of a college coach, but in what way is this going to affect my life. The only thing I did like was the Boom Boom Mancini comparison because I am from Youngstown Ohio.

This and a story about Justin Beiber having drugs in his house is what I get for breaking news. It is neither shocking nor does it pertain to my life.

It is true what Art Bell said, that if you want to get news, you have to go outside the US.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I get my news from ATS.

Balanced and timely!

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The tense is wrong.

It should be 'Broken News' not 'Breaking News'

It was once upon a time breaking, but that was then, now it is simply broken.

P

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

It's not just the U.S.

Down under our version of the today show feels the need to bring us the breaking celebrity news before 7 AM, because the first thing that we want to know when we wake is what one celebrity tweeted about another celebrity. Forget interest rates and budget cuts, Miley Cyrus' new haircut is the most pressing issue of the day.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
It's like all of the news agencies are reading the same story from the same fictional tale ... and giving us their opinion.

I also find it strange how so many 'different' news agencies have the same web format ... and have the same sponsored advertisements. I once mentioned seeing the main page of Fox News underneath the overlay of The Blaze's ... but nobody here seemed to notice that contribution.

Exactly how many controlling entities are there in the MSM?

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:14 AM
link   

bigvig316
In what way is this breaking news that I really need to know about.

Because first it concerns two women. Were it two guys it would be different. Second it tells something about how people believe people should behave, what is right and what is not.

The most interesting thing to me is that there is physical violence by one girl calling the other one crazy and probably convincing her friends around her so in the end if that girl would have won, the other would become an outcast or would have to make friends with people who also got cast out. This can go a long way and people can kill themselves over this even though it might not be recognized as such because few people can imagine what it's like to think of becoming an outcast.

So mental violence vs physical violence and it appears this Saban girl is losing, while she was defending herself. It was a 'me vs the other' situation, she wasn't mentally prepared and resorted to violence, the latter being the worst offense in the eyes of society since it appears like one doesn't have the wits to put the other down mentally so the other would shut up about it forever. At least that's my take, I'm not American so Americans might think this is breaking from a whole other perspective.

It also strikes me as the sports jock vs intellectual nerd but with females, the nerd going into therapy pretending she is all upset after the ordeal while she perfectly knows she was mentally harassing the other which I think is just as bad if not worse than physical harassment. It's like mentally the nerd is probably like a kickboxer and knows people's weak spots, she might have known mentally abusive people and used it against someone who didn't know all these things and was unable to defend herself in her mind. Then the nerd wins and pretends she is mentally wounded while it was probably just a slap to her, not even a mental kick or punch.

Even though the sports jock is the winner in this in my opinion since the other appears to be more intelligent or at least the mental overweight, more words, expressions etc. so the other should have been positive to her rather than say nobody likes her and she's crazy.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by bigvig316

"What is wrong with "Breaking News" in the United States"

My first thought would have to be that CNN and the rest of the socalled News networks that only report there version of events is whats wrong!
LoL

That's not News, that's propaganda and social engineering!

If people wish to know the score/news there goal would be better served by looking out the window, walking down a street, actually communicating with other individuals is the key I imagine. That's News not the lies that they pour down upon us from a great height, that's just there doublespeak!

edit on 22-1-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Snarl
It's like all of the news agencies are reading the same story from the same fictional tale ... and giving us their opinion.

I also find it strange how so many 'different' news agencies have the same web format ... and have the same sponsored advertisements. I once mentioned seeing the main page of Fox News underneath the overlay of The Blaze's ... but nobody here seemed to notice that contribution.

Exactly how many controlling entities are there in the MSM?

"They all have different names because they are all different" lol, they are as different as the go and the demos, they all work for the same people, they all follow the same script, just think " good cop, bad cop".

This all they are doing, wagging the dog, the dog and pony show, bread and circuses.....etc.

Pretty pathetic really.

Oh, about the adds, there are basically a couple of really large online ad agencies, that most contract through, the blaze doesn't care if fox advertises on their site, as long as they pay their money. Think dish advertising on cable about how bad cable is, the cable company doesn't care, as long as they get their ad money.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This song seems befitting for this thread:

Sums it up pretty nicely I should think.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
TV News overuses the 'breaking news alert' function.
It should be for things like a massive earthquake or a big terrorist attack.
But they use it for things like a car chase in California or a senate finance meeting ...

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   
The news is trying to copycat facebook style. Facebook is very effective. I see a bigger change coming in the way news is presented in the near future, it will be more like gossip where the content is just interesting chat. I see stuff like this on our local news, the people are doing things to give us a chuckle so we don't get disgusted with the bad stuff that is going on. The snowstorms in DC and NYC makes us all chuckle up here. They call our normal winter weather..... storms. They don't know what a real storm is like.

posted on Jan, 22 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   
What's wrong with MSM? It's controlled by perverts and liars(my opinion).

Typical day in American news:

"Breaking news!!!! Kim Kardashian had a sex tape 'stolen' from her possession. It is rumored to be of her and the whole 'LA Heat' basketball team. Doesn't she have great taste in fashion?? I love her!! She seems so "smart".

Me:
cusses wildly while flipping the channel

Then, we have all of them fear mongering the weather; They act like it's shocking that it's snowing in January, or that a thunder storm is happening in July!! Even local news does it now. They talk up a little snow that is coming in and act like it's the snow storm of the century--MASS PANIC! Then, we only get 6-8 inches of snow. I consider it shocking only when there's 2 feet or more. It seems to be getting more ridiculous with each passing day.

American news medias are a joke and nothing more. They think that people are stupid and they just keep shoveling that crap left & right. I bet they'd all go into panic if a TV network started reporting on real news events from a neutral position. especially if all the news anchors had southern accents, which is something you don't see on any news media.

top topics

join