It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How We Got On Land, Bone by Bone

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Snarl

Nice educational thread...I am currently interested by the reverse process, the evolution of the mammals which returned to the water.

Fascinating stuff!

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by KilgoreTrout

I am interested in that as well. Well actually I am interested in all the stages of evolution but anyway you may like this thread if it is our sea faring mammal friends that interest you.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:23 AM
link   

Grimpachi

I am interested in that as well. Well actually I am interested in all the stages of evolution but anyway you may like this thread if it is our sea faring mammal friends that interest you.

Indeed I am, thanks for the link...you'll get a star and flag on that thread too for your trouble

Evidently, whales are born, now and then, with little legs sticking out the back. They could eventually evolve back to be land animals, as could we go back to the water. Maybe grow out our vestigal tails...

Have you ever read Kurt Vonnegut's Galapagos where he plays with these ideas?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 04:28 AM
link   

I'm tellin' ya!! Grimpachi comes up with great stuff.

I'm waiting for someone to explain all the 'junk' in our DNA and stalk threads like this for good leads. Where is AliceBleachWhite?

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

xstealth

peter vlar

xstealth
So I guess the retard alligator gar didn't evolve with the rest of us? They stayed stupid unsophisticated alligator gar?

What exactly makes them stupid or unsophisticated? Viewing the world through an anthropomorphic lens will never allow you to see the big picture let alone what's outside of the box you've build for yourself to hide in.

You think they would have developed vocal cords at the very least right?

Why would you expect that? There are plenty of living creatures that haven't needed that as an adaptive advantage.

Evolution is ridiculous, it's just so dumb I can't fathom how anyone can look at this crap with a straight face and teach it.

Of course, well researched science is just ridiculous when we can get all the I for action we need out of a several millennia old book about supernatural fairy tales. Who in their right mind would ever trust in the scientific method when we have an infallible anachronistic bronze age manuscript to tell us how to live in the silicon age.

big bang, evolution, even down to black holes.

These are theories, because all the scientists in the world together can't prove either one.

I believe in black holes for the record, but now Hawkins says they don't exist and they are 'gray holes' and the light is like running on a thread mill trying to escape, it gets nowhere.
edit on 25/1/14 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon.When used in non-scientific context, the word “theory” implies that something is unproven or speculative. As used in science, however, a theory is an explanation or model based on observation, experimentation, and reasoning, especially one that has been tested and confirmed as a general principle helping to explain and predict natural phenomena.

posted on Jan, 25 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I think it's pretty evident to me that barring our sun going supernova, humans will never evolve back to the water from where we came. The next step in evolution will be humans taking control over it. Actually, it's happening now right in front of our own eyes with the mapping of the genome and stem cell research.

And by the time our sun does go supernova, we (or at least the future cyborg version) will be long gone off of this planet and seeding life elsewhere in the universe. Score one for the humans!

( I think supernova is the only thing we won't be able to stop or survive. All other impending natural disasters I think we will be able to survive if not completely impede, thus ensuring that humans will be around a very long time.)

posted on Jan, 26 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

PhotonEffect
( I think supernova is the only thing we won't be able to stop or survive. All other impending natural disasters I think we will be able to survive if not completely impede, thus ensuring that humans will be around a very long time.)

Maybe not humans as we know them though. Evolution is on going of course. Although medicine is a major impediment to natural selection, and sexual selection has become somewhat skewed. Some 'humans' may not be deemed human enough to be worthy of survival and a Brave New World amongst the stars and be left behind, reduced to dust and help seed new forms of life altogether. As Billy Pilgrim would say, 'So it goes.'

top topics

<< 1   >>

join