It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else have serious problems getting you tube videos to work on here?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Are any of you guys having a hard time ever getting a good you tube video that actually works posted on here??/

Everytime I copy a link to a youtube video and paste it on here, it will never play LOL...

Any tips on how to fix this issue would be really appreciated guys.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   
the link will look like this watch?v=wGZpWOMGJC, you need to copy all after the = and use it here in the insert youtube video

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 09:54 AM
link   
copy and paste everything after the = in the you tube url into the 'insert you tube link' tool, last one to the right

for example:

www.youtube.com...

R94Q6NhuS3A is the video number you want to copy

and use preview before posting, so you can see it works right first.

happy posting!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks guys!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by freedom7

OBTW ... you may have difficulty if you are copying the link from a 'mobile' device. You get a different code ... and it won't work.

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Thanks Snarl!

posted on Jan, 10 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   
dang computers-nevermind
edit on 1/10/2014 by Pauligirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I have cut and pasted into the youtube video inserter tool, and I have done it exactly as every single source of information on these things has suggested, and it STILL has not worked.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Try typing the code yourself

Instead of using the "tool" type

[ yvid]12345678[ /yvid]

(Without the spaces)

See if that works.. Always does for me

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

I always try that first, but it did not work. Oddly, I tried using the iPad instead, and that worked fine. But I have been having serious trouble trying to use either my laptop, or a desktop to post vids.

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

I have a couple of follow up questions.
Are you able to view other You-Tube videos on here?
When you say they don't work, what exactly isn't working?
Do you see an empty box, a click-able link, or just the text of the video URL?
Are you linking your own videos from your personal channel or videos from other places?

This is a link to a video excluding the normal http:// I got this link by using the share option on you-tube below the video. The link is slightly different than the URL in the browsers address bar.
youtu.be/wnS50lJicXc
You will note that at the end is wnS50lJicXc This is the you tube video ID. Caps is important because an ID with the letter "S" isn't the same as one with the letter "s". For you-tube videos and ONLY you-tube videos you would put the ID into the post and only the ID. In this case it would be wnS50lJicXc
When you click the "insert a YouTube video ID" button above you get a box that says youtube. You click ok and you get another box that reads "Please enter the YouTube video number." This is where, for this example, you would type in wnS50ljicXc. That's it. If, however, you want to manually do this without clicking the button then you would need to manually input the correct BBcode. (BBCode is short for Bulletin Board Code.)

All BBcode is done with brackets [bbcode goes here] Information goes here [/bbcode is closed here]
Note that BBcode needs to know when to stop. That's why there is one that has a / so as to indicate to stop using that BBcode.
So for you-tube videos yvid is the code that goes between the brackets. So you would have something like this.
[you-tube bbcode]wnS50lJicXc[/you-tube bbcode] (note, replace the words "you-tube bbcode" with yvid)
If you have the ID incorrect you should still see a YouTube video box that gives an error when pushing play. In this case I simply put in the BBcode without an ID at all.

If for some reason you are getting nothing at all, then find out if other people can see the video you attempted to post to determine if it's just you. Also note that this doesn't work with videos that are hosted somewhere other than YouTube. I hope this helps.

top topics

join