It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark of the Covenant

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

do'nt know....wat size would it be...? are there anyware measurements of the arc?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   
OK so almost 50'50... I Don't believe it ever existed myself. I doubt Moses ever existed and never went up and chisled the commandments onto stone.

it's just too far fetched. especially when you talk about it bringing down the walls of Jericho.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

TDawgRex

nugget1
I think it's possible the ark existed, and less advanced people described the events as best they could, equating it with the knowledge they had.
The ark could have in no way have held 'two' of every animal, as claimed, unless....
They had DNA of every creature.
They cloned them to repopulate the earth.
I believe that is the truth in terms that modern man now has the ability to comprehend.
The ark was a floating lab, and that makes me wonder about the floating lab that Google is building in San Francisco.....
edit on 500000055America/Chicago311 by nugget1 because: Correct spelling

The OP is talking about a different ark...

Just saying.

unless..... the (big) ark was an portal/stargate......that could explain all the species of live survived....
perhaps after all the same artifact...
edit on 20-12-2013 by ressiv because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tinner07

I believe I heared somewhere there were two arks made in history. I also believe that the jews have everything prepared to built a new temple....and what is a temple without a ark?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:23 PM
link   

It's a riddle for those with eyes to see.
It's not your eyes, but your wild imagination that has interpreted it that way.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   

zatara

I believe I heared somewhere there were two arks made in history. I also believe that the jews have everything prepared to built a new temple....and what is a temple without a ark?

They also said that artificial sweeteners were safe, WMDs were in Iraq and Anna Nicole married for love.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Yes Noahs ark is a different ark, as is Joan of Arc....what is an ark? somebody mentioned a path to god.

Why was she Joan of ark? Are the stories somewhat true? A whole nother thread perhaps. How do we know?

Was a great thread recently about things in the past not to many generations past. I grew up in a house where the addition was put on in 1878...thats billy the kid days...found lots of cool stuff in the walls..

Is it a theory the Knights templar dug for years? must be.

More questions but girlfriend here and wont shut up lol....

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   

It was real and it possessed unspeakable powers.

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looking over myths of the past, it could be said that the "ARK of the Covenant is 1 of 13 boxes of power left by some culture (the other well known box is that of Pandora's) that have been found by some person that then uses that power to the horrors of mankind.

All these boxes could be just one box that gets heisted by the next gang of rulers to use until it gets taken by the next ruler. Just like in the movie "Ronin" the box is just a box, but what's "IN THE BOX"?

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:24 PM
link   
IMO, The Ark is a symbol for what humans have lost.

We forget religion is all about reacquiring something inwardly we lost, as the allegory of the Garden of Eden story relates.

The two cherubim represent the powers we lost through the fall.

The other items represent the Law of return or laws that if followed correctly will facilitate the return of those missing faculties.

What people forget is that religion is primarily allegorical and mythological

Human have forgotten the true meaning and intent of religion and have distorted it into an institution of dogma and punishment

edit on 20-12-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 07:38 PM
link   

tinner07
The story of the Ark intrigues me. Surely most of you know the story.
My question: How many think it really exists or existed? And If you believe it exists(ed) Do you belive it really contained the 10 commandments?

We know the story from the Bible, and then the story of the Knights Templar excavating under the temple for years and coming out with something.

If somebody here is a genius on the subject, how do we come to the conclusion the knights excavated the area for like 9 years?

Is the Ark mentioned anywhere outside of the bible?

I know there is a tale of the queen of sheba and Ethiopia

I love thinking the Knights made it to America.

Can you believe in the Ark but think maybe Moses chiseled the two tablets himself or is it all or nothing?

I'd Love for the Ark to be real. Kinda doubt the whole "it held great power" thing

but would love to hear everybodies thoughts on it

Nice call Tinner -
I was going to construct a thread on this very topic, you have done this first,
so if I may..

I am in no way religious but infact a student to history so the use of biblical knowledge coupled with
ancient historics tells a tale - and to do this, forgive me but I must use biblical scripture.
(so please forgive)

First I would like to mention Moses and the Ten Commandments -

He gave us God's Ten Commandments.. and he also gave us his 611 commandments;
YES - 611.

...and they DON'T coincide with God's Ten Commandments!

When reading the bible, always refer back to God's Commandments,
he said "Though shall not kill"/.. not as Moses claimed to kill in God's honor!
Religious people seem to slap God in the face with the man filled verses in
the bible.. and of course this is because they don't read it for themselves but
follow some one else whom was following someone else who was following someone
else and so on..

Read it for YOURSELF - for "..you have been given eyes for which to see!"
(enough biblical rant)

Think of the biblical story "The Tower of Babel.."
It is a story of 'prior man' whom suffered cataclysmic devastation bequeathing knowledge
to the survivors and the following genaerations.

The bible tells of the Ark of the covenant and it was indeed held within the Great Pryamid
of Giza where the King's Sochafugus is the exact measurements!

Inside the sochofagus was apparently the Arc, the Ten Commandments tablets and
"Aaron's Rod" (Moses brother) which is said to bring life to plants instantaneously.

The pictures we view of what the Ark 'should' look like do not subscribe to the
description told in the bible - another re-construction needs to be made IMH.
The Ark held mysertious powers as the bible correlates that when it was moved,
it needed to be carried by wooden poles as when it was being moved, those moving it
lost balance - one of the helpers put his hand on the Ark and it killed him DEAD immediately.

It is reported that the Ark was moved to Ethiopia where it is said top reside today.

Now here is the curious part..

The Ark was said to be housed in the Giza Pyramid.. and some believe it was
an electrical conduit of some sort..

Would it make sense that this pyra-temple and compacitor would need
and alternate pyra-temple to complete it's arc..?

Lo and behold -

The pyra-temple of the Mayan king Pacal also has a sarchofogus in the bottom of it's
pyramid structure as does the Giza pyramid has a sarchofogus in it's upper chamber..

"As above, so below"

I should also mention that king Pacal's sarchofogus is the exact SAME MEASUREMENTS as
the Giza sarchofogus...strangely enough!

So... was there TWO Ark of the Covenants..?

For capacitors to work properly... YES!

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 09:21 PM
link   
100% sure ..The Ark of Convenient is exists and It' was Hidden somewhere in the earth

in the Temple institute Org website they Told like the Above

www.templeinstitute.org...

Even the Dimensions and Size are all written in Bible

Exodus 25:10-22

The above versus has the Dimension of the Ark

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

(thanks Dawg.
)

posted on Dec, 20 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
It's in Ethiopia or Harrison Ford has it.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:02 AM
link   

I believe it existed at one time. What happened to it? Perhaps it is in a cavern somewhere, like the dead sea scrolls were. I imagine it is buried where people can not get to it. Who knows what happened to it through out the years, and what it possibly went through.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:05 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:07 AM
link   
The Ark of the Covenant, or so I believe.
I can't recall where I came across them some website somewhere, but anyone with tinypic could have a look for them.
Other than that I don't know anymore about them.

The Ark?

engraving on the Ark

and the cap stone that was in it.

edit on 21/12/2013 by Sauron because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
The Ark has 2 Winged Cherubs on top - that my friend looks like a dog.

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 12:32 AM
link   
It's my opinion the Ark of the Covenant was a place-holder vehicle, similar to a child's pacifier in weaning primitive people's off of direct Idol/Iconographic worship trends.
It gave them a place holder to focus their dependence/fear/adherence to the mythology.

All in all, the Ark was probably a 'worthless' box dressed up with all sorts of shiny bling and superstition to parade around.
They couldn't have graven images of their invisible man in the sky, so, they kept a box as a binkey.
All the superstition attached to it was simply similar the same superstition attached to people swearing oaths on something like The Bible.

Has anyone been struck down, turned to stone, or invoked any sort of divine retribution over any sort of defilement of a Bible? A torah? A Qu'ran? Altars in Churches/Temples/etc?

No.

Yet, there's still a superstition attached these objects and trappings of superstition and mythology where the adherents to whatever relevant faith toward whatever object and/or place still enacts a belief that they will indeed suffer some ill if they profane object X.

In all likelihood, the Ark of the Covenant was eventually found/looted/stolen by someone who was not overly superstitious and since absolutely nothing biblical happened to them when they opened it, poked at it, and molested it out of general curiosity in probably wondering how many buckets of coin they could get for it, or if it was worth more broken down, melted and redistributed, it was likely sold off as something to someone, repurposed, and/or broken up/melted down.

We've yet to find any magic wands, staffs of Magi, or any contraptions of any sort on the lines of Magical, including Magical boxes.
Magical Swords, Mythical Spears, Helmets of Destiny, Crowns of whatever, Ding Pile of Invincibility, more whatever ... they don't exist except as stories for people to believe in and sometimes as actual objects that don't really actually have such powers no matter how much some people might like to think they do.
It's fairly certain Magic don't exist, except as an article of superstition.

Eventually, we might have light-sabers, and 'force' powers as articles of technology, but, it won't be magic; just technology.

edit on 12/21/2013 by AliceBleachWhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   

tinner07
I'd Love for the Ark to be real...

Rest assured, it is VERY much real.

Not only is it real, numerous miraculous signs have surrounded it's discovery in 1982.

The Ark of the Covenant was found in a cave 20 feet directly below the spot where Jesus was crucified. It has been one of the most fiercely attacked discoveries in history.

Below is a link to an excellent article about the discovery:

THE PROPHETIC TELEGRAPH No.78
"The Ark was found on 6th January 1982 but was kept secret by request of the Israeli Government. ... the whole episode has been compassed about by miracle." Link

tinner07
Is the Ark mentioned anywhere outside of the bible?

Yes, a book written by an unknown Jewish author in 110 BCE (Maccabees) correlates Ron Wyatts discoveries and shows that they are in fact the real thing.

"There is a verse in Maccabees that says Jeremiah hid the Ark in a cave on Mount Moriah and sealed the entrance. It then goes on to say that before the end of the world the Ark will be found again."

`The place shall remain unknown', he said, `until God finally gathers His people together and shows mercy to them. Then the Lord will bring these things to light again, and the glory of the Lord will appear with the cloud, as it was seen both in the time of Moses..."

The ARK will have its uses in THE TIME OF THE END

Below is another huge clue that I recently came across:

"When Solomon dedicated the temple, the house was filled with the smoke... That is called Shekinah meaning the place where God dwells and rests. Literally meaning rest. God is not looking for a place to just visit; He wants a room to dwell in. He wants a place for you to seek His presence on a daily basis." LINK

"The church has been gathering together for decades around a sermon. Israel camped around the Presence and we have known that there are some dramatic shifts that are going to take place in how we are going to do life; how we do church. The presence of God is the greatest gift we have..." ~ Bill Johnson

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join