It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Louisiana Suspends EBT Cards for Food Stamp Cheats

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Pimpintology
About the children guys. They don't have to suffer because if the parents cant feed them they will be taken away. There is no "we should" to it. If child protective services came to my house and I had a kid or two and there was no food in the house they would take the kids. However this does depend on someone calling child protective services when there is no food. Not sure how this will turn out but it was supposedly only two stores that did this and a small group of people. Not an entire state or anything.

Oh pleeeeeze! "About the children guys". Stop it with the violin playing. China has the happiest kids I've seen. I just spent three and a half months there organizing products and loading 2x large sea containers. Doing business there, like anywhere, is not for the light-hearted. I can tell you one thing, the West is going to get their ass kicked to the kerb. It was refreshing to accomplish business without outside interference. The streets were safe and I felt like a free individual. The only draw-back was the pollution. Got back home and wanted to put a downstairs bathroom in before my aging parents came to visit, and found out it would take 3-4 weeks to start as I required council approval. Welcome home...

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   

TKDRL
reply to post by ozwest

Going by that fuzzy logic, it should be OK for me to go out and shoot a person or two I have a grudge against. Afterall, governments send people out to do that all the time, hell governments drop bombs on crowds, tossing a grenade should be OK too. It's not as bad as a hellfire missile.

I am quite sure your government is pristine and perfect as well eh?

Perhaps it is fuzzy logic. And no, the Australian gov't is not perfect. But, for the most part, our government fears us. Something you guys forgot along the way eh? I guess I am tired of the far-reaching American influence on my personal life. I'd like to insert one of those 'hellfire' missiles up your collective ass (not personal).

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
This would of stimulated the economy via people doing this, Its not in their plan to do this, so they are suspending the accounts.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

intrepid
reply to post by xuenchen

You have more faith in people than I have. I got a Subway card for Christmas last year and I still know what's left on that puppy.

I have $30 left on a gift card from christmas.
Good to know that these cheats got what they asked for, we need more control over these programs.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by benrl

I agree with your sentiment about banks but that doesn't make what these people did right.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The little people always get shafted. As long as they keep taking it, it will not stop.

benrl
Banks cheat the system crash the economy, not so much as a whisper of legal action.

Poor do it, NO FOOD FOR A YEAR!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Meanwhile the rich welfare recipients (bankers), who stole trillions of dollars, are living the good life. But hey, lets focus on those greedy poor people instead.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   

benrl
Banks cheat the system crash the economy, not so much as a whisper of legal action.

Poor do it, NO FOOD FOR A YEAR!!!

What a crazy catch 22. Best way to punish the banks is to take the government handouts away.
Anyway, the system has no chance of surviving another 10-20 years. Then enters final plans of the Cloward-pivan strategy if nothing changes.

As for the kids, I don't know about how it works there but here we implemented a program through harvesters where the kids get breakfast and lunch for free then get backpacks full of healthy food for the weekend. As for summers schools open up their cafeteria for families in need.

The system is overrun as it is. When people take advantage, it screws everyone who truly needs it.
edit on 11-11-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Don't they have to swipe a card? If the system was down how did they get the account numbers for the purchases so they could submit them once the system came back up ? Did Wal-Mart announce they were going to do this so that people knew to rush to the store and implement this fraud?
Wal-Mart takes EBT all the time do you mean to say they don't know they need the balance verified
before selling the food ? If the credit card system goes down they don't "trust" that you have the available balance . They tell you to use another payment method. Why would they do it for EBT?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FirePiston

So only ghetto people use EBT ? Comfortable in that ivory tower are you ? If you're not a racist you're a snob at the very least.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
Don't they have to swipe a card? If the system was down how did they get the account numbers for the purchases so they could submit them once the system came back up ? Did Wal-Mart announce they were going to do this so that people knew to rush to the store and implement this fraud?
Wal-Mart takes EBT all the time do you mean to say they don't know they need the balance verified
before selling the food ? If the credit card system goes down they don't "trust" that you have the available balance . They tell you to use another payment method. Why would they do it for EBT?

It's an intentional campaign, orchestrated by the powerful financial cartels, to shift the public's anger from the rich plunderers to the poor ones. And it always works like a charm.

Meanwhile, Walmart and partners gets to enjoy the profit spike and keep the cash. The poor plunderers get the punishment, the middle class Americans get their fall guy AND the bill, the rich plunderers, who orchestrate these diversions, get a few weeks of peace and quiet.

It's one method the rich and powerful criminals use to divert the psychology of the masses away from them and THEIR misdeeds.

Poor and desperate people, are easily exploitable. They use that weakness like a lure and once they get enough fish in the basket, they point at them and say 'Here they are America, THESE people are the reason your Country is falling apart, and the reason why your wallet is thin". And like always, good ol' Americans grab their pitch forks and storm AWAY from the true criminals in our Country. The ones who steal trillions.
edit on 11-11-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

You do realize that sometimes things happen years after a family has kids that may make them need this benefit right? When we had our kids we were making a combined income of over 80K certainly enough to afford them. We bought them a home took them on great vacations gave them nice toys at Christmas and put a little away for a rainy day. But now both of us are on unemployment and that measly amount they give me in EBT means that I can use the measly amount I get from unemployment to keep a roof over our heads. Circumstances change. I hope you never suffer this kind of hardship. It's down right scary to think you could loose the house you've made mortgage payments on for over twenty years. I have dipped into my small retirement savings several times already because of the poor job market here.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

What are the actual mechanics of that ? How do they collect if they don't have account info? What do they submit to the govt to get their money exactly ?

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
But now both of us are on unemployment and that measly amount they give me in EBT means that I can use the measly amount I get from unemployment to keep a roof over our heads.

SO, neither of you are working, but you still have a roof over your heads and food on the table.... and your complaining that its measly.... gimme gimme mentality much?
edit on 11-11-2013 by mrsdudara because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by th3dudeabides

You're just going to believe that people really did this ? It doesn't make sense that they even could. If the system is down they can't use the cards . Period.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657
reply to post by th3dudeabides

You're just going to believe that people really did this ? It doesn't make sense that they even could. If the system is down they can't use the cards . Period.

The stores have a backup system that holds the transactions until a later time.

That's how they did it.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by mrsdudara

Jerk. Did I say I should be getting more. You missed my point tbat people's situations change and its a good thing this programme is available. I replied to the person who said poor people should control the amount of children they have. I am grateful I got what I did. Even if it is a measly amount. And the credit card people call every day. I just love living like this . I am now looking to go back to school. I suppose you don't believe I should look for a scholarship to pay for that either. I am really glad I didn't have to go to you for charity. I' d be out on my ass in the snow I guess.
Why did you have to say that. It's not like I am proud of where I am right now. You made me feel like a begger. Thanks a lot.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   

I worked retail for the last twenty years No they don't work like that. If the system is down you can't even swipe It won't find the data. Try again

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AutumnWitch657

Maybe you should go back and read your posts. Nowhere did you sound grateful.

We have had our hard times, and made our comeback. NEVER did I call anything I got measly. I was thankful for ever can of soup, box of rice, etc.

Its is not meant to be there to sustain you its meant to help you until you can get back on your feet. So, GET UP. If it means going back to school DO IT! Stop spending your time and energy calling names. If you can get a handout to go back to school DO IT. I have no problem handing over a third of what we earn if it means you are going to get up and fix your problem. I DO have a problem handing over a third of what I earn and having those people not be happy with what they get and calling it measly. I have a problem with people wanting to make it their living and not using it to get off their butts and find a way to make their own living.

FACT, there are now more people living off government aid than full-time employees in the country. That means at some point, you wont have anything if you don't earn it yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   

AutumnWitch657

I worked retail for the last twenty years No they don't work like that. If the system is down you can't even swipe It won't find the data. Try again

The store systems were not down.

The end points were.

member Pimpintology

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join