It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Accidents happen, why should I be punished? Is it OK to push for abortion?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   

I asked her how the kid was gonna feel

How do you think the 'kid was gonna feel' when it was painfully shredded to death in her womb during the abortion? Unborn children feel pain. And here you are, demanding and cajoling the mother of your child into murdering him or her.

I basically told her if its not my decision then its not my responsibility,

You are dead wrong. It was your decision to have sex. You made your decision and you were fully aware of what could happen. So yes, it's your financial and emotional responsibility for the rest of your life.

I was responsible ie used protection and this girl was a drunken booty call,

1 - If she was a 'drunken booty call' then you were NOT being responsible, nor 'grown up'.
2 - If you play, you pay. Grow up and deal with it.

So Im curious to see what people on here think,

Since you asked what I think .... I think you are a damned neanderthal.
edit on 10/21/2013 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Welcome to the world of double standard OP.

If a women decide to abort, its perfectly okay. She wants to keep on partying.

But if she wants to screw you over, she is also get support from others.

It takes two to tango but one to make decision. If the women wants to KEEP the child, men permission should be needed or should be able file for a stolen properly and violation suit. If she wants to abort and i want to keep, that's too bad for me.

Too bad this women is a just a leech, looking for an easy life, i would say this for all the women that wanted to keep the child without fathers permission. Yup and i stand by it.

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by supermarket2012

Im sorry but I dont agree

If I have no say then the child is not mine, Im a sperm donor pure and simple regardless of the delivery method.
If I have the option to be involved then Im a father, otherwise she can handle it herself!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Always ALWAYS, go into sex knowing a child could be the result. Birth control fails. By choosing to have sex, you choose to take on the responsibility of your actions. You can try to prevent it to the best of your ability with birth control but it is not 100% even when used properly, everyone knows that.

The only time someone is not responsible, is when rape is involved.

To stress out the mother is child abuse, whether you believe the fetus is a baby now or not is irrelevant. It has been proven that maternal stress impacts the developing fetus and causes life long problems.

Deliberately stressing her out to achieve and end is also a form of domestic violence.

You made you choice when you choose to sleep with her.
I usually feel fathers should have more of a say in the life of an unborn, but in your cause, your attitude makes me feel like your rights should be forfeited.
edit on 21-10-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-10-2013 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff

Im curious if when you went to school they also mentioned condoms?
Theyre a relatively recent invention that prevents sperm from getting into the vagina, when you use one of those and it breaks its called an accident.

If contraception fails it isn't an accident...it's called a "risk" which you take. It isn't exactly a secret that contraception does and can fail....or did your condom come with a 100% money back fail safe guarantee which you are not telling us about?
If you don't like the risks associated with a particular activity then the best thing to do is not to partake in it.
You're obviously not happy with the fact that she appears to have decided to continue with the pregnancy, and with the way in which this child will be brought up.But nobody twisted your arm to get "involved" with this woman and that was a choice YOU made.

As my old gran used to say " you make your bed, you lie in it!" The choices you made had consequences...there is no point in blaming anyone else for the predicament you are in.

Just as a side note....one of your female friends suggested you stress out this pregnant woman so much that she either gives in to your demands and has an abortion or failing that hopefully miscarries? Wow....a night out with your friends must be a blast!

posted on Oct, 21 2013 @ 04:32 PM
link   

In 'your' world men are obviously superior to women??

Your attitude is she is good enough to 's**g' .... but not good enough to be
the mother of your child!

'Double standards much??'

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

IkNOwSTuff
or if not maybe I can stress her out so much that she miscarries?

You've definitely made the right choice to not be in this childs life with that kind of thought process. I can totally understand not wanting to be a parent when not ready for it but damn... this goes beyond the pale

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   

eletheia

In 'your' world men are obviously superior to women??

Your attitude is she is good enough to 's**g' .... but not good enough to be
the mother of your child!

'Double standards much??'

How is that a double standard???
I know plenty of women Id shag but wouldnt trust with a pot plant let alone a child.
Sure the purpose of sex is procreation but it can also be recreation, In this day and age very little sex happens purely for breeding purposes or even with someone you would want to breed with.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I couldn't care less if it was for entertainment, or if it was for procreation. It. Doesn't. Matter.

You are old enough to have sex, you are old enough to know and understand the risk. And guess what? The court doesn't give two damns if you say you are "just the sperm donor" or not. You ARE responsible for that child. Whether she gives you a say in if she keeps it or not. You decided that she was good enough to mess around with, it bit you in the ass. Man up and deal with it, and quit whining about it.

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow...just wow!!

Your defense is being drunk and being taken advantage of...seriously?

I'm sorry but I have ZERO sympathy for you....nada....none........

You have no right to complain about her decision to raise the child as a muslim....you obviously knew she was muslim before you lost control of your faculties and fell on top of her.

You make enough money to pay child support so if the DNA test proves you are the dad well then it is time to act like one. Whether that means being an active part of the child's life or not, you are partially financially responsible. Before you ask, No....I am not uber religious, but I have something that you do not apparently and that is having some morals. Seriously, contemplating stressing her out so she miscarries?? I don't even know what to say to that.....it goes beyond being cold and heartless.

I am gonna give a pity flag as I think it is important others see this thread so they can see an example of How not to be a responsible human being.....

edit on 22-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: addedum

edit on 22-10-2013 by Darkphoenix77 because: grammatical fix

posted on Oct, 22 2013 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Frankly, I'm rather shocked by the overall sentiment of the OP here. We're all entitled to opinions and it's in that vein I offer mine.

Having said that first, I'm sure the neighbor hadn't intended or celebrated this either. It seems that in a moment which can be the best, worst or absolute most lonely time in a woman's life (I've tried to be there for a couple on the wrong end of this in the past, to have an opinion) the reaction and vehemence surely made this lady just that much more miserable, isolated and scared. Normal, in my male experience, for any woman...but surely made downright acute here.

It just seems like a real harsh and ultimately harmful way of handling something, even if the sentiment is what it is at the heart of things.

Again...just my two cents and understood perfectly if some figure it's worth face value.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Well, I'll try to be nice about this. I agree you should have a say, but in the end, the decision is hers. Her body and all that. However, she may be the kind of person who just wants you around to support her.

I wish I actually had some advice to give here, but it looks like you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. I think you're just going to have to live with it. I know that is the answer nobody wants to here, but I don't see another option.

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 03:05 PM
link   

I guess you're not getting the answer you're looking for.

This would be a good time to remind everyone that, if you wouldn't want to have a baby with the person you're having sex with. You probably shouldn't do that.

So congratulations you're a dad.

Don't be a scumbag deadbeat dad either. Be in that kids life. It's not the kids fault the condom broke.

You're responsible. Live up to that responsibility.
edit on 25-10-2013 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Then again, you could marry her and move back to Australia? The thought has not even crossed your mind, has it? But I would hope that if any of my sons was involved with someone, barring that she was into black market stuff and very dysfunctional that that thought would enter their minds, because counseling, and good imago relationship therapy where you're friends, and meditation partners, and tantra practices could make people best friends and that is far more important than the stereo types of relationships. And some grandparents think having the kid happy and having the parents taking responsibiltiy to grow up, and become good healed up friends, even to the point of counseling and learning to honor each other, is a wonderful thought.

Thats my 2 cents. Kids love mom and dad as best friends in two parent homes, best of all.

But no one has control over another person's body, this is her decision.
edit on 25-10-2013 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 25 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   

'easily fixable'

"let's kill the little sucker"

Abortion threads make me wanna vomit!!!

Life is so worthless nowadays.

edit: Actually, life has always been so damn worthless.
edit on 25-10-2013 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join