It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism / Reverse Racism in the US - "The Knockout Game"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
In light of the Zimmerman verdict and the mass hysteria of alleged racism among whites against blacks I wanted to discuss what appears to be blatant racism in the African American community. I know this is a really touchy subject but it needs to be discussed. I'm talking about the "Knockout Game." Where groups of blacks target non-black people and beat them senseless or even kill them.

You will find little mention of this in the MSM. The aggressors are referred to generically or as "teens" or "youths." I know this is a sensitive topic and wonder if this will be 404'd within the first minute of posting. I'm going to post it anyway in the hopes we can discuss this problem like adults.

First article is from a recent atrocity that happened in New Jersey.

Prosecutor: 3 Teens Charged In Beating Death Of Homeless Man In N.J.

Three teenagers were in custody Saturday morning, on charges of beating a homeless man to his death in Hoboken, N.J. As CBS 2’s Janelle Burrell reported, Hudson County Acting Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory said two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old were charged in the Sept. 10 death of Ralph Eric Santiago, 46.

Three teenagers were in custody Saturday morning, on charges of beating a homeless man to his death in Hoboken, N.J.

As CBS 2’s Janelle Burrell reported, Hudson County Acting Prosecutor Gaetano T. Gregory said two 13-year-olds and a 14-year-old were charged in the Sept. 10 death of Ralph Eric Santiago, 46.

There are many, many more cases just like this or worse happening across America. What say you ATS? Is this just typical teenage hijinks or is this racism at it's worst? My opinion is this is pure racism and hatred and it makes me sick.

Some people call it the “knockout game,” local news affiliates in New York prefer to call it simply a teenage “prank,” but whatever the term, Ralph Santiago is dead – one of three men who recently died or suffered permanent brain damage from what police say are unprovoked assaults.

Knockout Game (links on the right)

Syracuse police charge 13-year-old, 15-year-old in market killing

Des Moines Father Dead at Hands of Black Mob Violence

NOPD baffled as to why 3 men attacked a stranger in the Marigny without robbing him

If you are going to say "this is only a few instances" I suggest you go to the first link and look at the list in the right. Yes it's on WND but the sources are documented. For the record I will say racism, reverse racism, whatever you call it needs to be stamped out. Once and for all.

America we definitely have a problem.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is an important topic. We had a good discussion in some other threads regarding the role of media in fomenting racism but, this particular phenomenon deserves special attention. I do not see that it is any different than lynch mobs.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This "game" has been going on for some time now. There are/used to be websites devoted to it. The law has even used them to convict.

And there is no "reverse racism". Racist is racist.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   

TDawgRex
reply to post by Bassago

And there is no "reverse racism". Racist is racist.

I know but I was speaking amerikan.

This topic really bothers me though. If this were reversed the Jackson's and Sharpton's would be screaming to high heaven. What do we get?

*crickets*

What do you think about this, you seem quite aware of it?

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   
These cases of the "knockout game" often aren't reported as hate crimes (racism), for reason I'm sure you can figure out. But Like a poster above me said, this has been going on for quite some time. IT's been happening since I was a teen and I'm 33 now. If you're a white dude walking with one or two friends or with a female, expect to get jumped in some neighborhoods while getting racist remarks screamed at you. It happened to a man a couple years ago. He got bricked by some youths while walking home, alone. He's a vegetable now.

www.theblaze.com...
www.todaystmj4.com...
Now, an officer that spoke out about the above case, saying it was a hate crime, has lost their job for stating the obvious. Of all the individuals involved, only one is charged with a hate crime - www.thenewamerican.com...

It happened in my city this past summer. Not a mention of it in the paper. I found out about it via someone with a police scanner.
edit on 23-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-9-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

It's political correctness run amok.

No one in the MSM wants to call it for what it is. For fear of losing their jobs.

For what is is worth, and I do not mean no racism here, a spade is a spade. I call it as I see it. Perception in these cases is usually correct.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
It's funny how the the right is OK with racial profiling when it comes to blacks and Hispanics...hell anything darker than than them. Then turn around and complain about racism. You would think if they actually cared about racism...they would be complaining about anything racist.

The right’s black crime obsession

White Supremacists Use Black-on-White Crime as Propaganda Tool

When It Comes To Illegal Drug Use, White America Does The Crime, Black America Gets The Time

Fox News' Racial Crime Coverage Is Hurting People

There is no actual racism in America..tell that to all the dark skinned kids who get jail time or trumped up charges but if your a white kid...well you get a warning or community service.

Criminal Justice Fact Sheet

Drug Sentencing Disparities
About 14 million Whites and 2.6 million African Americans report using an illicit drug
5 times as many Whites are using drugs as African Americans, yet African Americans are sent to prison for drug offenses at 10 times the rate of Whites
African Americans represent 12% of the total population of drug users, but 38% of those arrested for drug offenses, and 59% of those in state prison for a drug offense.
African Americans serve virtually as much time in prison for a drug offense (58.7 months) as whites do for a violent offense (61.7 months). (Sentencing Project)

How about when a dark skinned person goes missing, barely any news coverage but a white person and all over the news, groups are organized..etc.

Missing white woman syndrome

Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) is a phrase coined by social scientists and media commentators to describe the "wall-to-wall coverage" given in media reporting, especially television, to missing person cases involving young, white, upper-middle class women or girls.[1] The degree of coverage is usually compared with cases concerning a missing male, or missing females of other ethnicities, socioeconomic classes or perceived physical attractiveness.[2] The actual phrase comes from Sheri Parks, an associate professor at the University of Maryland, who used the term in a 2006 interview with CNN to describe this observed media trend.

Cleveland abductions: Do white victims get more attention?

"White women occupy a privileged role as violent crime victims in news media reporting."

a 24-year-old black woman, Tamika Huston, who went missing in Spartanburg, South Carolina, in 2004. Journalists seemed indifferent. "The family really struggled to get any coverage whatsoever," says Wilson.

So there is racism abound for all colors..it is just that you think that whites seem to get more of it..
, which is a joke. White privilege still exists.

Crimes: it is better to be white to avoid conviction
Justice: better to be white to get anything done
Job: better to be white for consideration based on qualifications, any other color...you get it to fill a quota..not all but most
Stereotypes: better to be white..because a white does something wrong, maybe he/she doesn't have the support..or other excuses made for them..see one dark skinned individual do something wrong...well than they all must be bad and there is no excuse for it.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Onslaught2996

There is a part of me that wants to ask why you feel guilty. But I do get your post. It is unfair.

But to address the majority of the reasons that the media carries such news stories is ...ratings. Nothing more, nothing less. They really don't care up in the headshed.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Onslaught2996
It's funny how the the right is OK with racial profiling when it comes to blacks and Hispanics.

This topic is not about racial profiling. It's about racism and in particular "the knockout game."

How about when a dark skinned person goes missing, barely any news coverage but a white person and all over the news, groups are organized..etc.

This is not good, everyone deserves coverage in this situation. Why isn't Jackson or Sharpton screaming about this?

Missing white woman syndrome (MWWS) is a phrase coined by social scientists and media commentators to describe the "wall-to-wall coverage" given in media reporting

Honestly I don't know since I got rid of my TV years ago.

So there is racism abound for all colors..it is just that you think that whites seem to get more of it..
, which is a joke. White privilege still exists.

Yes it does but I said nothing about "whites" getting more of it, never said anything like that. We are discussing simple black on white attacks called the knockout game or do you deny that exists? Also this is not about white, black, pink or whatever privilege. It's about racist violence.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

The people of the western world has been indoctrinated to believe that only whites can be vile racists, and that everything a minority does, is out of self defense. Of course minorities are equally as racist, if not more so than whites. We really can't tell because such discussion been banned. But logic dictates that if white can be racists, and we're all the same, than other races too can be racists.

And it's all done by design. They know that one day, whites will realize that minorities are committing hate crimes and it's being covered up by the media due to political correctness. They want us to get mad, they want us to focus our frustration and anger on a very narrow path. It keeps us occupied and subservient to those in power.

As long as we're mad about something other than the government, they can do whatever they darn well please. And minorities are playing their part in all of this without any coercion, as are we.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:15 PM
link   

It's funny how the the right is OK with racial profiling

It's funny how getting your head bashed in with a brick for no reason gets you accused of racial profiling.

Pick your battles please, I am sure you can be helpful in another conversation that merits the defense of an innocent person being targeted for their race. Oh wait, that is what this conversation is about!

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 10:29 PM
link   
A friend of mine who lives in an lets just say impoverished neighborhood was out walking his dog with his mother and niece when he overheard a "youth" among a pack of about 10 that ranged in age from 8-12 say "man, there aint no white people to beat up in this neighborhood". I personally observed in same neighborhood a child no older than 8 riding his bike around singning "Imma be fresh as hell if the fedz watchin".

This neighborhood also has drainage gutters that are overflowing with trash despite the presence of a dumpster a mere 30 feet away. Make what you will of that but it is very sad and heartbreaking neighborhood. One poor man was shot at the entrance and staggered around bleeding and banging on doors trying to get someone to help him before finally collapsing. It is the type of place where police only come if they are specifically called.

Living in poverty and being full of anger and despair feeling like you don't even have a fair chance at a decent life quickly causes the moral fabric of weaker minded people to decay. Especiallly when the parental units are either not around or just don't care themselves.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:03 PM
link   

It's funny how the the right is OK with racial profiling when it comes to blacks and Hispanics...hell anything darker than than them.

Funnier yet ("two faced" funny, not "ha ha" funny):
You're the only one in this thread that seems to be obsessed with one's color.

See ya,
Milt

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Let's hope the "game" doesn't run into "reflex" kills.I am entirely too old to be trading punches with a kid.Not to mention a good shot to the chest could be fatal so when they are just playing I'm fighting for my life.
Not so damn funny huh?
We keep our hands to ourselves or some people will react explosively and it is ENTIRELY their fault for the game.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bassago

This is awful, evil, and depraved.

All this goes to show us the evil of any kind of racism. Black people have been exposed to this for generations so they should no better than this.

This should be brought and condemned vociferously by civil rights leaders and everyone.

Actually though they have numerous racist games by whites on other groups, this is nothing new.

This is awful, evil, and depraved. All this goes to show us the evil of any kind of racism. Black people have been exposed to this for generations so they should no better than this. This should be brought and condemned vociferously by civil rights leaders and everyone. Actually though they have numerous racist games by whites on other groups, this is nothing new. www.adl.org... ALL should be denounced in fact perhaps forbidden and outlawed

edit on 23-9-2013 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Exactly. Like that guy in Michigan that shot the kid trying to get him with the stun gun.

posted on Sep, 23 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Luckily at least a few of these attacks have been attempted on folks who know their 2nd amendment rights and were armed. Those incidents didn't turn out so well for the attackers. Good riddance.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Best video I Saw on the topic.

posted on Nov, 24 2013 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hey Ive just invented a new game to combat "The Knockout" its called "Stabby". The rules are simple, you must be white and your goal is to stab the person who just punches out the poor innocent white victim. The object of this game is to show these low life scumbags who punch innocent women that they can't just get away with everything and have the law and media turn a blind eye to their gutless attacks.

I'm betting this "Knockout" game will hit our shores soon and sadly it won' be long before we see innocent people getting killed here too.

posted on Nov, 25 2013 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Why are you racially profiling me by calling out the color of my light colored skin?

join