It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Paying CEOs Top Dollar for Poor Performance

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:13 AM
link   
This is an eye opening article. Did you know that 40% of the top paid corporate CEO's in America bankrupted their companies, presided over fraud, or had to take government bailouts? Why the hell are these people getting rewarded with astronomical amounts of money? This is a serious problem, IMO, and I am tired of paying for this insanity, because in the end they get their money from us, the working people.

www.thenation.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Allow me, if I may, to break it down for you.

First, the intentional doublespeak around "publicly" traded companies.

When we refer to a public school or public library or a public space, these are references to entities which are supported by tax payer money (or tax payer debt since our nation is bankrupt).

Meaning that they belong to the people.

So why do they label private, for-profit corporations as "publicly" traded? Wouldnt it be more accurate to call them "privately" traded?

Thats the first deception.

The second is this idea that you or I as share holders have some say in the operation of the company. To further establish this illusion, these "publicly" traded companies have shareholder meetings where people can vote on certain topics.

So tell me, if you and I can allegedly dictate the direction of these corporations, why is CEO pay never a voting issue (especially when 95% of people think they earn too much)?

Because in actuality, we have no say.

The Board of Directors with the majority share holders (rarely discussed) are in charge and they could care less what you and I, with our 200 shares thinks.

Fund managers using your money will continue to support these entities. Its one big brotherhood.

Just keep handing over your money. If the stock price goes up, yay! If it tanks, oh well.

Good luck.

edit on 3-9-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Here ya go...

and this for the source
IPS Full Study Download

It doesn't really matter though...we have been conditioned to merely acknowledge and accept the faults of our Corporate masters but decry the tyranny of their Political puppets.

Feel better?

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Oh did no one tell you? CEO's apparently possess a skill set that allows them to be THAT incompetent and STILL make a sh!tload of money in the process

posted on Sep, 3 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   

in actuality, we have no say

And that's news? I guess to some it may be, hopefully no one on this site.

new topics

top topics

join