It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Now I know where I'll never step foot in.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darth_Prime
let me start by saying i don't agree with it

now, there was recently a topic about a photographer refusing to take pictures of a Lesbian wedding because she didn't believe in same sex marriage, earlier there was a topic about a Cake shop refusing to make a celebration cake for a Gay couples wedding, in both those topics multiple people said the store has the right to refuse service and it's not discrimination, and the Couples were pushing an agenda by taking legal action etc

It is discrimination and that law defines it quite clearly. This restaurant just made itself liable for a hefty compensation and a pr disaster. My mom has a seeing eye dog and I personally can just smile and hope this restaurant goes down in flames.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AthiestJesus

who is telling you to worship him?

IN fact I havent seen one iota of "troops worship". Most people just stated the laws, their take on respecting them, and or if they would personally respect the laws or not.

Your knee jerk reaction to assume that anything about the military is out of a simple minded patriotism is insulting to say the least.

This is literally a thread about a Veteran and his disability. End of story. What did you expect? Pillow talk about our favorite 80´s cartoons?

reply to post by khimbar

same.

---------

On topic- I would love to see how this restaurant deals with other disabilities. If they even have wheel chair access or proper bathrooms. I know from first hand experience that the state can really crack down on you for not having proper installations. The feeling I get from this "restaurateur " is that he doesnt really care anymore. He lost his drive if he ever had it. You NEVER act like that to a potential customer, unless you just dont give a flying dung anymore.

He is probably burnt out, as it happens allot in the hospitality industry. He seems like the sort of person who doesnt stay late to clean the kitchen, or check the fridges for old food. Customer service is the forefront of a business or its personnel.

I bet he is the type to get all flustered on a busy service and curse all night long in between trips to the kitchen or out back to smoke...

edit on 28-8-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
The restaurant owner broke the law. The laws states service animals must be allowed...

It matter not that he was a veteran, an ex-president, or an ex-con...the law applies to all
with disabilities

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

who is telling you to worship him?

IN fact I havent seen one iota of "troops worship". Most people just stated the laws, their take on respecting them, and or if they would personally respect the laws or not.

Your knee jerk reaction to assume that anything about the military is out of a simple minded patriotism is insulting to say the least.

This is literally a thread about a Veteran and his disability. End of story. What did you expect? Pillow talk about our favorite 80´s cartoons?

Wrong , this thread is about a man who was refused service for having a dog in a restaurant ........ it is not about a veteran ........ do I need to say it again ? .... this story has nothing to do with his background , but keep chipping away by all means.

You , are basically telling me to worship him or get out of this thread . You`re the one throwing knee-jerk reactions around .

You`re part of the targeted audience , that`s for damn sure .

" Your knee jerk reaction to assume that anything about the military is out of a simple minded patriotism is insulting to say the least. " ...... anything about the military ? Don`t insult my intelligence with such dribble .

Give it a rest , nobody cares about your Oorah bull crap.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthiestJesus
Whilst I agree that this is pathetic of the owner , I need to point out that I do not like the way I`m having this man`s service background slammed in my face as if he is more important than anyone else simply because he was in the forces . Obviously written that way to stir up emotions and "rally the troops" , a shame really because the story is big enough without the whole "patriot" string pulling routine .

Wow, I had to let you know that for me.... Strictly speaking.... You nailed it!!!! I am sick to death of men and women being put on a pedestal only for the fact they're Military all the while screaming they're fighting for my freedoms.

" but, but i only killed innocent people so i could have oil and lithium and go to college! Whats the biggie?"

Gag!!!!
edit on 28-8-2013 by tracehd1 because: Correct

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

SOO

this is NOT about a veteran whose nature of disability is PTSD? And the Dog was NOT assigned to him as part of his treatment?

because I could have sworn that that is EXACTLY what this is about. That the law still applies to him and the reason why is everything I just stated, as stated in the OP....

If I am wrong then slap my ass and call me naughty. I thought everything mentioned was on topic and your little opportune rant about the sickening nature of "military praise" was not. (out of place, inappropriate)

Maybe you should keep your sickness and your tripe to yourself. No one cares about that. THAT is for sure.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman

SOO

this is NOT about a veteran whose nature of disability is PTSD? And the Dog was NOT assigned to him as part of his treatment?

because I could have sworn that that is EXACTLY what this is about. That the law still applies to him and the reason why is everything I just stated, as stated in the OP....

If I am wrong then slap my ass and call me naughty. I thought everything mentioned was on topic and your little opportune rant about the sickening nature of "military praise" was not. (out of place, inappropriate)

Maybe you should keep your sickness and your tripe to yourself. No one cares about that. THAT is for sure.

Yeah yeah yeah , let it all out .

What I posted was not a rant , and let me try to get this through your ego one more time - This story is not about a veteran , the story ---- is not about his service history ....... This story has nothing to do with his background ........ getting it yet ? There is no need to mention the fact that he`s a veteran over and over , that is a media trick used on people like your self who hear the word veteran and immediately start marching around the living room singing the national anthem.

My sickness ? Dude you`re acting like a complete idiot here , I`m sick for not worshipping glorified murderers who don`t know their arse from their elbow ?
Oh man this site is funny some times.

Just look at how worked up you`re getting over this , you`re playing right into their hands .
edit on 28-8-2013 by AthiestJesus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   
What would be the difference if it was left out that he was a veteran? How could it make any difference? It is just laying the groundwork for why he has the dog. So if he was blind it would be different to some of you.

This is not about what he may have went through, or what he had to do in the service or why. It is about human beings being civil to one another. Plain and simple. Compassion. Putting yourself in someone elses shows and not being a schmuck.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by matafuchs
What would be the difference if it was left out that he was a veteran? How could it make any difference? It is just laying the groundwork for why he has the dog. So if he was blind it would be different to some of you.

This is not about what he may have went through, or what he had to do in the service or why. It is about human beings being civil to one another. Plain and simple. Compassion. Putting yourself in someone elses shows and not being a schmuck.

Same could be said about having a dog in a restaurant though to be fair , a lot of people would see it as fairly rude to bring a dog into an area where they were eating food .... especially in this day and age .

If they left out his background they would have a story , but all they have here is gossip about a veteran .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:19 AM
link   

So different rules apply to veterans than to civilians. Got it.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. Whether he is a veteran or not, the ADA applies to all people that have service animals. The restaurant was wrong, and they broke the law kicking him out over his dog.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

So different rules apply to veterans than to civilians. Got it.

Sorry, doesn't work that way. Whether he is a veteran or not, the ADA applies to all people that have service animals. The restaurant was wrong, and they broke the law kicking him out over his dog.

Don`t go putting words in my mouth . If you read my posts you will see that I do not believe veterans or active military personnel should be seen as more or less important than your average citizen . You will also see that I agree the decision to kick him out was wrong . So I don`t understand why you even bothered to post that.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:34 AM
link   

If they left out his background they would have a story , but all they have here is gossip about a veteran.

So why is it that since he's a veteran it's just "gossip about a veteran" and not a story?

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

I don't see anything wrong with it. Have you ever owned a dog or eaten dinner at a house that owned one? They sit right by the table and look for scraps to fall. It's not like they jump up on the table and start licking your plate. Heck my dog likes to hang around me when I'm cooking as well. In other words, I fail to see how a dog sitting on the floor can be seen as unsanitary.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58

If they left out his background they would have a story , but all they have here is gossip about a veteran.

So why is it that since he's a veteran it's just "gossip about a veteran" and not a story?

Because they make a point of highlighting the fact that he is a veteran .... It isn`t hard to understand .

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

This day and age? You mean the day and age where anyone can whine enough and get what they want no matter what the collective needs or wants. There are restaurants designed for dog lovers in mind where they can take their dogs so the 'dogs are dirty' argument is out the window if state health code guidelines find it ok.

Next, this is not a story about a vet. It is a story about a man who was turned away illegally from a restaurant. To go back to the baker and the cake story, it would be like if they printed that story and said "Baker denies cake to patrons" and left it at that. Why did he refuse? Who are the people involved? It is called journalism. What makes you feel that more people will 'war monger' if they read this story.

As far as dog owners, yes, some can be "he is just a part of our family' and allow them to eat dinner at a table with you at their homes and that is not cool but, it is their home. If you do not like it, leave. Pretty easy. What is next, telling people how to act in their own homes? Actually, that is coming but that is another thread.

If a service dog did that out at a restaurant they would not longer be a service. dog.
edit on 28-8-2013 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I wonder what i agenda they have mentioning that he is a veteran... its like they are trying to target certain type of people..(it seemed it worked in this thread)..

I mean this story could not have pulled all this attention if it was a regular joe who got refused because of a service dog.

Its like..."an old women was robbed while taking a peaceful stroll in the park..." *i see*
"by the way it was mother Teresa!!!" *what! outrage!!!*

Some people's emotion are like moth to a flame!

---

On the other hand, i do not mind animals but i do not want them near my food... hair and fur... this includes all animal hairs and furs.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:49 AM
link   

And? The law still applies to him. It is still a story and the restaurant was still wrong to do it. The basic facts of the story are exactly the same veteran or not.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Well this makes me mad. PTSD is very serious and if you have it or if you've known someone close to you that has it, you know that the anxiety and flashbacks that come with it can be extremely debilitating.

For some reason people tend to think that mental disabilities are somehow less life impacting than physical disabilities and that is not true. Mental disabilities can be just as bad, if not worse than physical disabilities.

The restaurant owner broke the law, plain and simple.

posted on Aug, 28 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I'll be honest, I like to consider myself well educated yet I've never heard of dogs being trained up to help guys who have come back with PTSD. So this thread has taught me something.

I guess I feel a bit sorry for the owner. The dog looks nothing like a labrador, alsatian or any canine we're used to for helping humans. I might've made the same mistake the owner did.

Having said that he should've apologized by now, if he hasn't already. There's no harm in admitting your frailties, we're all mortal and muck up all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join