It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Georgia State student forms White Student Union

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
Well, ever since I was a kid and I learned about BET (Black Entertainment Television) I've wanted to start my own...

WET

White Entertainment Television! I'm not really sure what the programming would be. I think reruns of Paula Dean's shows are out. Maybe a show about coffee, maybe some about yoga and microbrewing...

BET is ABSOLUTE crap. Dilutes, dis-informs and demoralizes on several levels. Does nothing for no one, especially black people. Black people came up with it? Nope, it was created and owned by Viacom corporation; the same corporation that puts out the same brain melting garbage on most of your other channels, and looked after by some black house lackey who wants to get paid. Do you think a US government backed corporation will allow a whole channel dedicated to helping or mentally empowering blacks on their stations?

And oh yeah, only white people like coffee, yoga, and microbrewing? I guess you think only black people like rap videos...

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigman88
reply to post by ButterCookie

One last question, Buttercookie. Do you believe black people to be the way they are in America today because of their natural inclinations? It's already in them to be this way?

Hey Bigman!

Not at all. I believe it (social issues) are a result of environment. Environments shape attitudes about life, things, the world. Unfortunately, some people are raised around negative thinking, negative parenting, welfare state, low education, and crime. No color is assigned to this.

The problems that O'Reilly and Lemon discussed are results of this environmental shaping. Nothing is natural about being socially immoral.
edit on 6-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Thanks for responding. I do agree.

Now where do you think such a negative environment with bad parenting, welfare state, low education, crime and such comes from when it involves blacks in their own neighborhoods?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Thanks for responding. I do agree.

Now where do you think such a negative environment with bad parenting, welfare state, low education, crime and such comes from when it involves blacks in their own neighborhoods?

I tend to think that it stems from the home....here is the cycle:

1. Young black woman wose parents were not married left her to being brought up in a single mother home.

2. Her mother was not educated past high school, made poor decisons, had a child early.

3. Grew up in a lower class environment where this is the norm; early parenthod, low education, absent fathers, crime, welfare state

4. Gives birth to a child and raises that child with the same exposure.

See, if we can stop the problems at the root, I think it would do a lot of good. This is O'Reilly's main argument- to tell oung black women to stop having children without education or a father present in the home. Its the same, if not worse, for the young black male.

He is exposed to crime and violence at a much ounger age than the female, since he is prone to being 'out in the streets' earlier. He grows up, seeing his father absent, believing this is a normal 'family'. He impregnates women and leave, leading a life of crime, in return showing his son(s) this same pattern.

A vicious cycle indeed....

edit on 6-8-2013 by ButterCookie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bigman88

Now, to explore where the above issues start, I would have to say it was at Black American's embracing of the Democratic Party.

When blacks voted Republican in the late 1800's, we were elected members of Congress, helped to get savery abolished and to reverse Jim Crow. Republicans disbanned the terrorist arm of the Democratic Party known as the KKK and during Reconstruction, blacks held positions such as Teachers, Doctors, Lawyers, etc..

Democrats didn't take to kindly of us 'uppity negroes' as Lyndon B Johnson so sweetly stated. So with his "War on Poverty' and the introduction of black women into the Women's Lib movement, we (blacks) started to literally 'kick our men out of homes'', leaving us single mothers. See, to recieve Johnson's welfare and food stamps, we could not have a man in the home...

So the government became our husband and fathers.

Take a look around and see that black women are still married to the Democratic Party..

Then, as a part of the liberal 'welfare reform', school is discouraged where jobs paying low wages are encouraged, if at all. Women recieve more entitlements for additionl 'out of wedlock' children she has...

and the cycle continues.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   

You still subscribe to the demo vs. lib thing wholeheartedly. You think libs and dems are to blame, but you see no possibility of proven, documented anti-black government ops like US government gun and drug trafficking, COINTELPRO, leaked documents on how to destroy black race over time, leaked documents on how government will use Planned Parenthood to reduce black population, all these proven and ADMITTED operation, operations that they have not accounted for, and blamed on unspecified foot soldiers, do not matter? There is no way that they were successful with these ops?

The demos with their manipulative lib policies are the reason?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 07:27 PM
link   

I believe it (social issues) are a result of environment. Environments shape attitudes about life, things, the world.

I think this explains it perfectly. In my area I see communities mostly white families that live the exact lives except it's not a "black neighborhood." The families are stuck in a circle-cycle and the government continues the support of each generation. They have no incentive to change. Its sad to know that their kids will grow up the same, with few exceptions.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

First slave owner was a black? or did this website, which provides no proof of this, mistake this first slave owner for a willing, submissive, slave watcher? IDK, he probably was, but he was the ONLY slave owner at that time? What made him the first?

Most slaves started out as indentured servants. And also, many of them were Jewish, Italian, German, Irish, etc. In other words, they were white slaves.

Anthony Johnson was a black Angolan held as an indentured servant by a merchant in the Colony of Virginia in 1620, but later freed to become a successful tobacco farmer and property owner. Notably, he was the first true slave owner: that is, the first to hold a black African servant as a slave in the mainland American colonies.

By July 1651 Johnson had five indentured servants of his own and he claimed an additional 250 acres (100 ha) of land based on the headright system.[5] He is recognized in Virginia court documents when he pled for tax relief in 1653 after a fire destroyed much of his plantation,[8] and in a case brought in 1654 in which he contested the freedom suit of a servant, John Casor. Johnson won the suit and retained Casor as his servant for life; he was the first slave. The case made Casor the first true slave in the continental United States.

en.wikipedia.org...(colonist)

Just google it, there are many websites with info on it.

I already said this. When two low blacks, especially ghetto blacks, say ni**a to one another, they mean something WAY different when a racist white person says ni**er.

So what if a non-racist white man says it? How do you know he is using it in a different context? You mean to tell me that when Easy-E and the like says "bitch arse n_gg_r" he is saying it in a good way? The fact is, just like any word, it the CONTEXT in which its used.

So you think it should be okay for people to call ALL blacks ni**er, because SOME black people say ni**a to each other, and sometimes, like i used to before i grew up a bit more, to refer to any other male person?

Thats not what I'm saying at all. What I'm saying is if its no big deal for black folks, but its MADE into a big deal when a white person says it is a pretty dysfunctional thing for society to do.. You can call your peeps Dawg, or homie, or even say "my friend". But no. They use a word that has apparent magic powers to kill the career of a person who said it THIRTY years ago, but further the careers of black artists that use it in their albums.

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You still subscribe to the demo vs. lib thing wholeheartedly. You think libs and dems are to blame, but you see no possibility of proven, documented anti-black government ops like US government gun and drug trafficking, COINTELPRO, leaked documents on how to destroy black race over time, leaked documents on how government will use Planned Parenthood to reduce black population, all these proven and ADMITTED operation, operations that they have not accounted for, and blamed on unspecified foot soldiers, do not matter? There is no way that they were successful with these ops?

The demos with their manipulative lib policies are the reason?

Uhh YEA...

When I described the above root causes of black social blight, I listed actions that are actually enforced by liberal policies.

Planned parenthood is uhhhhh...let's see...LIBERAL.

War on Poverty (aka 'lifelong welfare')....hmmmm...uhhh...instituted by DEMOCRATS.

Can't have a husband/ father of children in the home with you...well...yeah....DEMOCRATS

I could go on, but face it- these are liberal/Democratic ideologies. The reward failure and punish success.

And yes, I definitely agree that there are conspired drug traffic, planned parenthood (call it what it is-murder). But think about it: who would benefit? Republican/Conservative organizations who fight to end the cycle of poverty and encourage self responsibility, or the party who stands to benefit, by creating 'lifelong zombies who will forever stay on the 'modern plantation'?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   

So Repubs= awesome heroes and Demos= evil dicks?

Its that simple? All hurtful policies were a democratic thing? There not on the same side? You think things were much better under the Bush administration for blacks than it is under the Obama administration?

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

If you read everything i said, yo would see that i state, multiple times, that it is the context that matters. You will be surprised to know how many ghetto white people say ni**a, and ghetto black people are cool with it. Others will get quickly mad, though. That stems from the whole thing about thing breaded ignorance and education i said in previous posts, though. The less educated, the more ignorant, the more intolerant and quick to anger, no matter intent. But i hung with a few ghetto whites, "wiggers" as idiots like to call them (they don't think about they were born and raised in the same environment as ghetto blacks were, and act the same damn way like some ghetto blacks do), and it was cool with some blacks, and not okay with others.

Paula Deen said Ni**er in the context we know a racist white person would use it in. So i really don't care if her empire gets shut down. To bad for her. Rap careers do not accelerate due to the use of the n-word alone, but i get your point. It is definitely encouraged. Many rappers who said f*ck this sh*t becasue of label execs telling them they want more sex, drugs, violence and cursing in their music. So the word ni**a is just one of many immoral, degrading, low spirited features of pop music that the government utilizes to keep the youth, and adults, as stupid, thoughtless and non-caring as possible.

Besides, though it is very bad, it is already established that rappers and other ghetto folk say ni**a to one another instead of homie, my friend, or dawg.
I don't know the exact sentence, but Ms.Deen said ni**er, because she is racist. Simple as that. And that is not the only occurrence of her racism, apparently. Should all her products stopped being bankrolled and publicized? Not really. But who wants to buddy up with some old racist lady, except other racists? Yep, dump that old chick...
edit on 6-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

And once again, what is your point of pointing out this possible first slave master who was black? What are you trying to demonstrate? That black people will also oppress each other based solely on race?

And yes, INITIALLY, there were white slaves, and Native American slaves also. But how long do you think before the slave industry primarily dealt in black slaves? Not long at all. Were white indentured servants beaten and tortured by evil masters, too? Did all of the people in the land have a horrible, degrading name for their race? Were white indentured servants regarded as inferior sub-humans who God put on this earth for toil and discipline?

Once again, what is your point of pointing this out?
edit on 6-8-2013 by bigman88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2013 @ 10:14 PM
link   

So Repubs= awesome heroes and Demos= evil dicks?

Its that simple? All hurtful policies were a democratic thing? There not on the same side? You think things were much better under the Bush administration for blacks than it is under the Obama administration?

Yes.

Why?

Because welfare was being truly reformed, where blacks that had been accustomed to it-being dependent , lazy, longterm unemployed and not seeking education- were forced off the system after a specific timeline.

Blacks have been 'better' under Republican administrations since the Republican Party was created. White members of the Whigs and Democrat Parties who were opposed to slavery broke away and formed the Abolishment Party....aka the Republican Party:

It is the party that abolished slavery, gave blacks the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments, where we not only became free people, but we also had the Right to Vote.

It is the party that ended Jim Crow.

It is the party that banned the Klu Klux Klan ( which was formed by Democrats).

It is the party that fought very hard against the Democrats to end Segregation, and pushed Brown v Board of Ed.

It is the party who opposes abortion; a activity that you consider to be detrimental to blacks as a secret 'population control' agenda.

and finally, it is the Party of Fredrick Douglass, Harriet Tubman, Sojourner Truth, Madam CJ Walker, Booker T Washington, AND Martin Luther King Jr, to name a few.

Now digg that

posted on Aug, 8 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

And once again, what is your point of pointing out this possible first slave master who was black?

Because you asked about it in your previous post!

First slave owner was a black?

So I showed you some. Ask me about the black soldiers that signed up in droves for the confederate armies (and before you say it, no, it was not because they were commanded to by whitey. If you want a history lesson on that.

And by the way, not all slaves (no matter the descent) were beaten and abused habitually. Despite what all the Hollywood movies say. They were your property. They were worth alot of money, Why would you beat on your own property for no reason?

But i hung with a few ghetto whites, "wiggers" as idiots like to call them

I've hung out with "wiggers" too. You'd be surprised how many of them are from your "white culture" backgrounds and had never been to a ghetto unless they accidentally drove through it.

Besides, though it is very bad, it is already established that rappers and other ghetto folk say ni**a to one another instead of homie, my friend, or dawg.

You still won't understand what I'm saying. And who has established this "fact" that ni__a is the prefered term of endearment for young black males, you? Why is it ni__a and not one of the many other choices out there do you think?

Like it or not, the meaning does'nt change just beacause you say so.

I don't know the exact sentence, but Ms.Deen said ni**er, because she is racist. Simple as that.

Thats because there is no exact sentence. She only admitted to using it in the past. Think about that for a moment. She only said that she said this racial slur 30 friggin years ago! Saying the n-word so long ago means that surely she still burns crosses in her yard right? Don't even pretend that this whole fiasco is nothing more than hypocrisy at its finest.

Hell, Charlie Rangle said "cracker" and I saw it on the news. But even you would have to admit there would be a much more dramatic response if it were a white representative calling a black representative the n-word..

edit on 8-8-2013 by Cancerwarrior because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join