It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shockwave Ripples the Glass Up the Side of the World Trade Center?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I don't see any shockwave there. If something within had the force to move the glass like that, there would have been shattering too.

I think it's pretty clear that this is light reflecting, probably from a nearby helicopter, there were several, and you can even hear them in the audio.

In addition, if there was an explosion within on any of these floors able to create a shockwave like that then it would be seen in the smoke coming out of the building, and in those poor people leaning out of the windows. Something with the force to move those panes of glass would also affect the smoke and those people, visibly.

posted on Jul, 3 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   
No shockwave. I see its a reflection of a helicopter going by, doesnt have to be close, but youd see the reflection. No explosions. No shockwaves. I hate how people load these videos from NIST and give them a biased label like this.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
No shockwave. I see its a reflection of a helicopter going by, doesnt have to be close, but youd see the reflection. No explosions. No shockwaves. I hate how people load these videos from NIST and give them a biased label like this.

For once, (now that I have found a decent example of that sequence) I agree with you.
In fact I would go so far to say that the sequence in the OP is meant to hoax, I don't mean by our OP of course. The uploader would have easily known it is in fact a chopper, as can be seen in this sequence at the 50 second +mark and slowed down. It had me going for a time!

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

lol Thank you. It is ok to bring up strange occurrences, or bring to attention something odd or such. But when the person (Not the OP obviously) that uploads a video with the sole intent to deceive people and twist the facts or even lie outright, to push a cause, that turns me off even moreso. This is why the "Truth" Movement has lost so much credibility with me. I am all for skepticism but as long as its healthy.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:47 AM
link   
In my opinion that is 100% a shockwave travelling up the building. That set of windows are at just the right angle from the camera viewpoint to see the subtle wave and you can clearly hear the bang that caused it just seconds before. It is exactly the effect I would expect to happen if I slam my fist down on a table.
edit on 4-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: sell correct

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rocker2013
I don't see any shockwave there. If something within had the force to move the glass like that, there would have been shattering too.

I think it's pretty clear that this is light reflecting, probably from a nearby helicopter, there were several, and you can even hear them in the audio.

In addition, if there was an explosion within on any of these floors able to create a shockwave like that then it would be seen in the smoke coming out of the building, and in those poor people leaning out of the windows. Something with the force to move those panes of glass would also affect the smoke and those people, visibly.

Im fairly certain the helicopter you hear is the one filming. I can clearly hear the explosion, maybe you need new speakers

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
In my opinion that is 100% a shockwave travelling up the building. That set of windows are at just the right angle from the camera viewpoint to see the subtle wave and you can clearly hear the bang that caused it just seconds before. It is exactly the effect I would expect to happen if I slam my fist down on a table.
edit on 4-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-7-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: sell correct

You need to look again, not at the OP sequence, Nor the first one I posted, but the second one I just posted above. It is the same sequence, but much, much clearer. I was fooled into thinking similar as you by the OP sequence, but I was never happy with the quality of the picture, so I went to look elsewhere and got that example. The original would be even clearer. You can see the reflection of a helicopter as it moves up fast and away to the right. It is white, with some yellow and a blue tail fragment is briefly noticed. start at the 50 second mark through to the slowmo.
edit on 4-7-2013 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by GenRadek
reply to post by smurfy

lol Thank you. It is ok to bring up strange occurrences, or bring to attention something odd or such. But when the person (Not the OP obviously) that uploads a video with the sole intent to deceive people and twist the facts or even lie outright, to push a cause, that turns me off even moreso. This is why the "Truth" Movement has lost so much credibility with me. I am all for skepticism but as long as its healthy.

No, No. When I say hoaxer I mean just that, they are persona non grata on a subject like this. You know right well I have difficulties with what happened. Before 9/11, the event, the building, and the aftermath and what is still going on today. Let's just agree that this piece of footage is a hoax.

posted on Jul, 4 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm

Originally posted by Rocker2013

Im fairly certain the helicopter you hear is the one filming. I can clearly hear the explosion, maybe you need new speakers

If that sequence is being filmed from a helicopter, then the helicopter has landed in the street. That angle is from either a news crew on the ground or from the roof of a smaller building. That is NOT being filmed from a helicopter

top topics

<< 1   >>

join