It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RIP, American Dream? Why It's So Hard for the Poor to Get Ahead Today

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2013 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Necrobile

Originally posted by MichiganSwampBuck
ETA: Something else to consider, and this is only my opinion here, is that I suspect that when a company or one of it's departments puts out a notice to hire for an upper level position, they already have a candidate lined up and the job posting is a formality. Of course the low level job opportunities are greater for the disenfranchised because of the high turn around (easy come easy go for the company, there is always another person out there to fill the position).
edit on 29-6-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Added last comments

That's exactly the way it was at a Best Buy I worked at in northern colorado. When a position opened up, they already knew who they wanted for the job, and would even tell that person to apply for it. Usually it was someone you could see as their "friend". Whether or not they hung out outside of work, I don't know, but they sure did act like buddies at work. The type that never seems to get in trouble for little things, yet if you happened to do the same things, you got talked to immediately.

Thank you Necrobile for supporting what I had suspected by relating your personal experiences. I have some stories of my own and have heard some from others but yours were really good examples.
edit on 30-6-2013 by MichiganSwampBuck because: Shortened the quotes

<< 1  2   >>

join