It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9/11 FOIA Request Most Likely Will Be Denied Due To National Security Risk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
So, even over a decade later, we are still having federal agencies attempting to block FOIA requests on subjects that they refuse to explain and seem quite dubious.

Case in point:

Source

An assertion by FBI official David Hardy, in a sworn 33-page declaration, says disclosure of certain classified information about Florida residents who hurriedly left their homes after the Sept. 11, 2001, attack "would reveal current specific targets of the FBI's national security investigations."

The suit was filed to obtain information about an incident, not disclosed to Congress or to the 9/11 Commission and published in 2011 by The Miami Herald and BrowardBulldog.org, in which neighbors in the gated community of Prestancia, Fla., noticed a Saudi family, the al-Hijis, suddenly departed their home about two weeks before the attacks.

Gatehouse log books and photographs were later used by the FBI to determine vehicles used by the Sept. 11, 2001, hijackers had visited the al-Hiji home, former Prestancia administrator Larry Berberich said.

It's amazing to me that nobody investigated this further and that nobody has been up in arms regarding this event. It must be reverse world or something. Much like the 911 Commission Report finding that who paid for 911 wasn't of any importance, I fin this equally troubling.

Anybody know anything else about this event and what transpired?

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm thinking it's been over 10 years. If these people are still the "targets" of an 'active' FBI National Security investigation? Well, it's real safe to say the FBI has utterly and absolutely failed in their duty to complete the investigation. What are they waiting for? The people to die before releasing details about what happened here?? I mean, c'mon.. I've heard of slow, but this is patently ridiculous.

It's FAR past time the FBI be removed from the case and told to go play where they don't do too much damage. Maybe..investigating graffiti artists in National Parks or something? Shoplifters at the Army Base PX's? Something safe for them like that.

I have an idea... After reviewing the Waco Texas case file extensively for material I wrote about it and particularly the amended investigation report released years later by the Texas Rangers? I nominate THEM to pick this up and investigate it. Oh sure, it's a little outside Texas, but the Feds just do whatever they feel like these days and especially on this topic, anyway. Giving those men the ability to work outside Texas wouldn't be more than a few signatures on some forms.

I flat don't trust the FBI anymore. Not one bit. That hurts to say too...because at once time, they were a cut above the rest for everything from recruiting, to training to what investigations they absolutely avoided to prevent even the temptation of corruption among their agents.

Now they're little more than political toads with a badge and gun. Dragging feet on this, given what HAS been reported? That's just flat out unforgivable and it sounds like these people may have known in advance what was about to happen. That's..how many thousands of counts of Capital Murder? Oh...Just drone them and be done with it. Saudi Arabia will extradite the guilty, if they have some, about the same time the Sun goes Super-Nova.

posted on Jun, 4 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I always loved Robin Williams take on the CIA, and I'm going to apply it to the FBI now.

Federal Bureau of Intuition it seems.

They are quite inept at their jobs it seems doesn't it? Then again, the FBI do have a long history of cover ups and scandals involving long standing, high profile investigations.

I find it hard to believe that the population of the US would put up with so much secrecy for something that utterly changed the face of domestic and foreign policy.

~Tenth

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:40 AM
link   
All this is a coincidence I'm certain if there was anything to this story The FBI would have told the joint intelligence committee and the Kean Commission.
The FBI has been using the "National Security" excuse for years heck,they tried it with everything from the Warren Commission to the 9/11 Commission itself.Being the political animals that most of the commissioners and staff members were they just went along with it.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 08:18 AM
link   
The Freedom of information Act is a judicial process in which the classification of certain material is challenged in a court of law. It's not about releasing documents-it's about their security classification and if and when it can be lowered to a standard that will allow public release.

Hammoud’s statement that al-Hijji introduced him to Broward’s own Saudi terror suspect, Shukrijumah, is consistent with the report that Prestancia gate logs showed Shukrijumah had visited the al-Hijji house – and buttresses longstanding official suspicion that he was linked to the hijackers. When Mohamed Atta visited a federal immigration office in Miami to discuss a visa problem in May 2001, a 9/11 Commission footnote reports, a man who closely resembled Shukrijumah accompanied him.

“I think that in the period immediately after 9/11 the FBI was under instructions from the Bush White House not to discuss anything that could be embarrassing to the Saudis,” he said. “It is more inexplicable why the Obama administration has been reticent to pursue the question of Saudi involvement. For both administrations, there was and continues to be an obligation to inform the American people through truthful information.”

As I have already said President Obama has had all the most "embarrassing to the Saudis" material removed from the archives and sent back to the FBI vault/incinerator.

This is interesting and as to what the FBI was up to is anyone's guess. I have a documents number MFR 04017500 that needs further investigation. The photos and log book entries that reportedly show proof of persons involved visiting this location-if they ever existed at all-have for surely been destroyed.

I will look into this document further and get back to the post. As I have also said this area of investigation-the Saudi linkage to any of these events-is not something to be poking around in. This administration has made that perfectly clear and I don't understand the motivation of the Miami Herald.

Graham shared this development with the Obama White House, which responded by setting up a meeting between Graham and FBI Deputy Director Sean Joyce. Joyce told Graham he “didn’t want to talk” about the Sarasota episode

What part of NO is he failing to understand.

posted on Jun, 5 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

It's amazing to me that nobody investigated this further and that nobody has been up in arms regarding this event.

Maybe because it has real merit?

Anybody know anything else about this event and what transpired?

Not that one specifically, but Florida was a hot bed of "Terror" according to this read...

The official record of what the hijackers did in South Florida is scant. Despite an intense investigation of their activities here, very little information has been made public. So even after 10 years, there's still nothing more than a disjointed collection of anecdotal snapshots from those who crossed their paths.

Neighbors and Terrorists

ETA: Heres that Bulldog link they reference in your source...

The final 28-page section of the Inquiry’s report, which deals with “sources of foreign support for some of the Sept. 11 hijackers,” was entirely blanked out. It was kept secret from the public on the orders of former President George W. Bush and is still withheld to this day, Graham said.

www.browardbulldog.org...
< br />

edit on 5-6-2013 by intrptr because: link

posted on Jun, 8 2013 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well that was easy. "Terrorism" is the magic word.

top topics

join