It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane spotting - April

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Plane spotting - April, Equipment used ; MTO11CA Telescope and Canon 550D & Sony HX9V.

Contrails or "Chemtrails", you decide.. all what i can say it it was a beautiful day, and after a few hours cloudy day

fossil fuels is simply not good for our health..

Enjoy

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 05:40 AM
link   
That is crazy!! Where did you film this to get all the contrails crossing over?? I live between Cumbria and Wales and they're in the main corridor for flights across to America, the sky is always like this, it was so clear and blue after all the planes stopped flying after 9/11

It does make you think how much crap planes are spewing out, I think that's the main thing the aerospace industry needs to be focusing on in the next few years...

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Florasaurus

It is indeed something the aviation industry should be concerned about. High-bypass jet engines are more conducive to contrail formation because of the cooler exhausts released.

An environmental concern, not to mention a growing 'chemtrail' conspiracy.

Aircraft Engine Emissions

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Nice shots! I need a tripod to make such nice shots. And I have no where near the len, although my lens is pretty darn good.

They are all contrails. I knew from the first second that the plane was landing, and to preemptively stop the claims otherwise, the close to the ground the less chance of contrails, except in polar reasons.

As to the sky whitening, yep contrails can do that especially seeing how many planes there are over your head. It's why they are studied. But they also signal an approaching front, so natural cirrus clouds would be moving in shortly.
And it will be cloudier, with a chance of rain the day after. I used that piece of info just this past weekend. Impressed my hubby to know end; the local weather said clear and minimal chance of rain.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Excellent shooting there, where did you do it? I'm planning a trip to Manchester to get some close ups sometime.

You are quite right of course about the pollution aspect, while it is worth mentioning that ground based sources shouldn't be ignored either, this does not mean that the impact of ever growing aircraft fleets powered by ever bigger and more powerful engines should be ignored either.

This is part of the reason I keep trying to explain what contrails are and why I started my thread yesterday. There are real concerns that are too easily sidetracked by obvious nonsense claims about 'deliberate spraying' that just makes people sound like lunatics and makes them equally easy to dismiss as such instead of forcing people to answer difficult questions.

posted on May, 9 2013 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Florasaurus
It does make you think how much crap planes are spewing out, I think that's the main thing the aerospace industry needs to be focusing on in the next few years...

the Aerospace industry has been thinking about fuel use for decades - teh specific fuel consumption of new engines is see table 4.1 in this thesis for a chronological map of SFC over teh years from the days of het 707 - note especially the big jump (or drop) when the first widebodies come online - B747, DC-10 about 1970.

but they still use only a fraction of the total fossil fuel usage around the world - see this thread - www.abovetopsecret.com... - updated link at the bottom of it.

for 2010 - large air carriers about 11 Billion gallons of jet fuel, other aviation 0.2 Billion gallons of aviation gasoline (petrol - for piston engines), and 1.4 Billion gallons of jet fuel

For vehicles - about 169.6 Billion gallons of petrol & diesel & gas equivalent - which is all burned a lot closer to your lungs that jet aircraft at cruising altitude!!

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Wow.. Absolutely wonderful video! Love the shot of the plane NOT spraying.
Of course you're going to get the comments like "It wasn't at a high enough altitude to create a contrail" and so on..
But you have some really great footage. Makes me want to post my video! I've got a close up like you do of a white un-marked airplane creating a chemtrail.

posted on May, 12 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by clairvoyantrose

Which unmarked plane are you referring to? Going through the OP video I get

0:16 = Emirates Airways Airbus A330

0:32 = Lufthansa Airbus A340

0:48 = Aer Lingus Airbus A320

1:57 = Delta Airlines Airbus A330

2:12 = Lufthansa Airbus A340

2:45 = Emirates Airways Airbus A380

2:55 = Pakistan International Airlines Airbus A330

3:05 = Emirates Airways Airbus A380

3:13 = Vueling.com Airbus A319

3:43 = LAN Chile Cargo Boeing 777F

4:08 = Air Bridge Cargo Boeing 747F

4:31 = Air Bridge Cargo Boeing 747F (the same one, possibly)

Not an unmarked plane in the entire video. If yours is as clear stick it up, I'll tell you what it is

Love the shot of the plane NOT spraying.
Of course you're going to get the comments like "It wasn't at a high enough altitude to create a contrail" and so on..

Well, you have a very good side view of the Delta A330 and Emirates A380, I'd say, given the high quality of the footage, that is an even better indicator that they were low than the fact there is no trail

edit on 12-5-2013 by waynos because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Clairvoyantrose, it can be noted, has started a new thread, since closed, which was a total lie anyway and is a carbon copy of one in the hoax bin, and been back and replied on that thread, since the above question was posed.

Just another chemmie fantasist that disappears when called out on facts. Oh dear.

posted on May, 15 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Bosb33r

Outstanding work, loved it.

Contrails or "Chemtrails", you decide.. all what i can say it it was a beautiful day, and after a few hours cloudy day

And I agree. As far as "contrails or chemtrails, each of us must decide for ourselves.

top topics

join