It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tory Tough on Crime Agenda and Mysterious Illnesses Killing Prisoners (Canada)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Hmm...

So it's been a couple years now since the Tories have been in power and along with their rewrite of Canadian law, sentencing criminals to longer stints in prisons, it has cause major overcrowding in the Canadian federal institutions.

While this isn't a topic that is as popular as it was when bills were first being passed in the house, the ramifications of the Tory policy are making their way through the prison system.

While every now and then I spend a few minutes researching different topics, tonight led me to the CSC (Corrections Services Canada) website, who are responsible for federal penitentiaries, and guarding the federal prison population. Something I noticed while on the site though, is that there have been a string of deaths over the past year or so related to a "mysterious" illness.

Whether or not these death counts are higher than normal, or if it's simply due to a higher population being behind bars, I'm not sure. Although I though some on ATS might be interested because there could be a story here that is yet to be uncovered.

Kingston, Ontario, April 10, 2013 – On April 9, 2013, inmate James DOOL from Warkworth Institution died of natural causes following a lengthy illness at Kingston Penitentiary Regional Hospital in Kingston, Ontario. He had been at the Regional Hospital for treatment following an extended illness.

Joyceville, Ontario, March 26, 2013 – On Monday evening, March 25, 2013, inmate John Sheppard from Pittsburgh Institution died of natural causes at the Kingston Penitentiary Regional Hospital following a lengthy illness.

Kingston, Ontario, March 1, 2013 – On Friday, March 1, 2013, inmate Arthur Gray from the Regional Treatment Centre died of natural causes at Kingston General Hospital following a lengthy illness.

Kingston, Ontario, Tuesday February 26, 2013 – On Tuesday February 26, 2013, inmate Daniel Thomas from the Regional Treatment Centre died of apparent natural causes.

Kingston, Ontario, February 12, 2013 – On February 12, 2013, inmate Michael Garniss from Kingston Penitentiary died of natural causes following a lengthy illness at Kingston Penitentiary Regional Hospital.

Kingston, Ontario, February 11, 2013 – On February 10, 2013, inmate Stewart Poirier from Joyceville Institution died of natural causes following an extended illness at Kingston Penitentiary Regional Hospital.

Kingston, Ontario, December 27, 2012 – On December 26, 2012, inmate Donald Latimer from the Regional Treatment Centre died of natural causes.

Kingston, Ontario, December 21, 2012 – On Tuesday, December 18, 2012, inmate Rene Miron from the Regional Treatment Centre died of natural causes at Kingston General Hospital following a lengthy illness.

Kingston, Ontario, December 18, 2012 – On Monday, December 17, 2012,inmate Andrew Townsend from Kingston Penitentiary was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and transported the offender to the Kingston Penitentiary Hospital where he was pronounced dead at 8:01am by the institutional physician.

Joyceville, Ontario, October 25, 2012 – On October 22, 2012, inmate Clifford Sullivan from Pittsburgh Institution died of natural causes at Kingston General Hospital in Kingston.

Joyceville, Ontario, September 4, 2012 – On September 2, 2012, inmate Clinton Graham from Pittsburgh Institution died of natural causes at Kingston General Hospital in Kingston.

Kitchener, Ontario, July 31, 2012 –On July 29, 2012, inmate Donna Turner from Grand Valley Institution for Women died of natural causes at Cambridge Memorial Hospital in Cambridge, Ontario. She had been at this outside hospital for treatment following an extended illness.

Kingston, Ontario, July 3, 2012 –On July 2, 2012, inmate Lawrence William TAYLOR from Joyceville Institution died of natural causes at Kingston Penitentiary’s Regional Hospital in Kingston, Ontario. He had been at outside hospital for treatment following an extended illness.

Bath, Ontario, June 21, 2012 –On June 20, 2012, inmate David Bradbury from Bath Institution died of apparent natural causes.

Kingston, Ontario June 11, 2012 – On June 10, 2012, inmate Michel Marleau from Kingston Penitentiary was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.

Kingston, Ontario, May 28, 2012 – On Monday May 28, 2012, inmate Tommy Nuvaqiq from Kingston Penitentiary was found unresponsive in his cell. Correctional Officers immediately performed CPR and an ambulance was called.

Gravenhurst, Ontario, March 6, 2012 – On March 5, 2012, inmate Philip Lebrocq from Beaver Creek Institution died of apparent natural causes at South Muskoka Memorial Hospital in Bracebridge.

Maybe someone out there is more familiar with this stuff than myself. What do you people think, nothing to worry about, or, they're testing deadly _________ on all the prisoners!

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Yeah that is really odd. You would think there would be at least some sort of investigation into all of those deaths if there was a mystery illness and it seems a bit high for natural causes. EDIT - I had a quick look at some of the recent cases and it seems tha all the inmates dying are over 50 years old. The natural causes could come into the equation I guess but it still seems very suss.
edit on 24-4-2013 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 24 2013 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Talk about deduce sentence. They're reducing prison overcrowding population so the child molesters and rapist won't be wasting our tax dollars .

posted on Apr, 25 2013 @ 02:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by sylent6
Talk about deduce sentence. They're reducing prison overcrowding population so the child molesters and rapist won't be wasting our tax dollars .

Not to be Mr.Obvious, but most people in jail are not in jail for rape or child molestations. Thankfully, those horrible people are an ultra minority. What I find truly terrifying is how automaton like you repeated that mindset. For starters you use peoples emotions about people who cause harm to children and in a gendered aspect women(which could call into question if you view women as superior beings or as inferior child like beings as I somehow doubt you mean people[male or female] who rape men) to justify treating prisoners like Untermensch.

It is kind of like how some women will take ones emotions about their own mother(or women in their lives) to justify a certain preference towards all women(something I find incredibly creepy, and thankfully it is mostly creepy older gals who try it).

Your using the same technique in a negative fashion, to cause people to think that a person thrown in jail for a petty crime, non-violent crime or wrongly accused persons are deserving of death chambers. Your train of thought would turn prison/legal systems into gulags and death camps.

top topics

join