It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Early Retirement?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I had a thought early on today about if i will get to my retirement age,and then i also starting thinking about the government and if they are trying to kill us slowly with all the chem trails they are spreading and chloride they are putting in water and all the other crap they are doing,so that we dont all get to retirement age.Does anybody think they might be doing the same?
edit on 22/09/2011 by jademegjosh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

At the rate that I am going....

I will never be able to afford retirement.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Most likely even if you hit retirement age, you would have to take on a part time job to make ends meet. Go to any mall or fast food restaurant in the morning and see all the senior citizens working. Breaks my heart. Two problems, the government doesn't want to pay SS which it doesn't have and your employer doesn't want to let you get to that age either. If your in your late 50's early 60's now you'll be okay but for 30's to 40's it will be terrible.

that's what I hate most about the system. It's set up so that you work your whole life for them, living on their terms and rules and by the time you get out of system your body is so broken down from years of stress, money, and health issues that you have no time to enjoy the rest of your life if you have the money to do so.

Family is the only thing in this life worth anything and sadly most of us don't even cherish that. I know my family (not immediate) is very distant. All but 1 of my grandparents are gone and the 1 left has virtually no money.

My Dad retires in 4 years, he could've retired 15 years ago but after working for a company Corning for 21 years they sold their company to 3M but before they did they dropped the stock to less than $2 a share so he lost everything overnight.

I don't think it will be possible for me to retire no matter what I do, even with me putting 10% into a 401k with 3% company match and company pension. At any time the stock market can crash and since I'm not privy to the inside info I won't know where to put my money before the next collapse. Sigh

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I'm trying to get complete control of this epilepsy so I can go back to work. Screw this not working, I'd rather be building houses or even start some sort of other business. Forced retirement sucks.

I don't like cruises or going on trips. I like to create things. Getting kind of sick of studying also, need a break from all this learning.

Boy I'm a little cranky about this subject aren't I.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   

if they are trying to kill us slowly with all the chem trails they are spreading and chloride they are putting in water and all the other crap they are doing

You do realize of course, that if ANY of that were true...then THEY would also be doing the same thing to THEIR wives, their kids, their parents, and themselves (as they breathe the same air, drink the same water, etc.), right? Now it just sounds kind of silly....doesn't it?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

if they are trying to kill us slowly with all the chem trails they are spreading and chloride they are putting in water and all the other crap they are doing

You do realize of course, that if ANY of that were true...then THEY would also be doing the same thing to THEIR wives, their kids, their parents, and themselves (as they breathe the same air, drink the same water, etc.), right? Now it just sounds kind of silly....doesn't it?

Agreed. If they do try to "kill us off", they won't use means that affect each and every person alive like water, air, basic food, etc. That's one of the reasons I have serious doubts about the chemtrails

Whatever they do to the basic environment, they also do to themselves. If you want to find a conspiracy, you have to look at things that people make a choice in being exposed to so they can make the choice of not being exposed to it such as cigarettes, alcohol, fast food and the like.

I'm not saying they'd never do anything, not at al, just that "they" would ensure that "hey" aren't exposed to it as well.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:59 AM
link   
seeing as i'm going to be in the generation which will end up having SS removed from their lives.
i'll say this any one a 10+ years away from retirement should invest on land to own and cultivate.
all the money gained from working should be saved and invested in being self sufficient since a collapse is inevitable.

it will repeat over and over so saving and being self sufficient is the wisest choice one can make.
even if you have to work a little on the side, what you grow or build in your land will help you make some $ for the basics, and you wont be too dependent on the machine.

then teach your kids why you made this choice, and have them teach their kids and on and on, or else they'll fall back on your old mistake of depending too much on 'society'

too vague?

top topics

join