It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teacher Says Gays Have No Purpose In Life, Wants LGBT Kids Banned From Prom

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Who said I had to tolerate peoples stupidity?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater

Oh, so just tolerant to homosexuals then???

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
yea im not a big PC guy but thats just wrong i mean they arent gonna run around getting there gayness on anybody , its not a diease lol, , yes he needs to find another line of work

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Stupidity is a choice... Unless you are retarded.. and if in fact he is retarded (which I doubt) then I apologize.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by LightOrange

People who subscribe to Christianity so openly and judgmentally should really try reading the New Testament so that they might find time to hang their own abhorrent little heads in shame once they realize how ridiculous they are being.

If you watch the video, some Christians in that town have spoken out against this move, too.

I think it’s sad when schools become battlegrounds for hot button issues. School administrators across the country need to remain above the fray on issues like this. It appears the school in this case has done the right thing by keeping the prom open to everyone. It’s only a small vocal group advocating for a non-gay prom.

School is for educating NOT indoctrinating. I don't like it no matter which side is doing the indoctrinating. If you want that kind of education then send your kids to a private school. Public schools should remain neutral!

edit on 11-2-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

So people are stupid because they did not know about facts? So once you educate them, are they still stupid or morons?

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

So people are stupid because they did not know about facts? So once you educate them, are they still stupid or morons?

Obviously not everyone knows everything and that does not make them stupid. However, one should research facts before posting ignorent statements. Do I think you are a moron for not knowing these facts? No. I did not know gays invented all those things either. However, I do think you are insensitive and quick to judge based on your post. Neither of which are appreciated.
edit on 11-2-2013 by headorheart because: spelling

edit on 11-2-2013 by headorheart because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Making broad statements Like you know something when it's obviously something you don't know about makes it ignorance.. It's stupid.. No one would have noticed your ignorance had you not made broad statements.. You could have easily gotten away with a question mark..

Now that you know gay people did in fact invent stuff you could still be ignorant on many other topics. Ask more say less.. Word to the wise..

edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Just about as much hate as the person in the original article.

You are either tolerant of all, or just the select few you agree with.
The first is what you pitch as what you are.
The second is more along what you really are.

link   

There was no need to say what you said, other than to be insulting to gays, which is apparently your purpose in life. Congratulations.

Maybe if you apologize for your ignorance, we would forgive you.

link   

Any time you want to stop trying to derail my thread with your semantic psycho-banter I would very much appreciate it.

He called you a moron, you said something incredibly ignorant. Tomato, tomato.

Let T&C deal with it and get thicker skin in the meantime if you're going to go around kicking every gay issue on this forum in the shins in your attempts to proliferate an anti-homosexual agenda.
edit on 11-2-2013 by LightOrange because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by headorheart

The "Gays" did not invent anything.

A person invented those things. Their sexuality is really not what is important. It is an after the fact deal.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

I think anti-gay discriminatory teachers should be fired so they cannot have a negative impact on the learning or well being of the students.. Go teach at a christian sponsored hate school .. they don't allow gays their you will fit right in.

Absolutely. This teacher just admitted to a bias. As such, any students who are openly gay, or even any who this teacher may suspect to be gay are at risk for discriminatory treatment, and as such this teacher should be fired to prevent that.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Just about as much hate as the person in the original article.

You are either tolerant of all, or just the select few you agree with.

To hate a hater one becomes a hater, but ti judge a hater does not make a hater.. Understand that or not you are doing the same as the person you are talking to is.. It's called disagreeing, not hate.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Dustytoad

You are either a person that is tolerant of ALL views, or you are not.

To pick and chose shows intolerance in itself.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

reply to post by headorheart

The "Gays" did not invent anything.

A person invented those things. Their sexuality is really not what is important. It is an after the fact deal.

Original comment: "Gay People never invented anything."
Correction: "yes they did."

It's not after the fact.. It's way before the fact in reality.. You are confusing people correcting others as hate, which shows more about your idea of disagreeing than it does about the other poster.

It's a fact gay people invented things. The other guy was literally Ignorant of that. It has now been corrected. Get over it.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

You are either a person that is tolerant of ALL views, or you are not.

To pick and chose shows intolerance in itself.

No one is tolerant of all views. That's a fairy tale.. Some people are tolerant of all people, but people and views are not the same thing.

Are you tolerant of the views of an enemy shooting at you in war, or will you judge them to death with your bullets?
edit on 2/11/2013 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

You are absolutely correct and I should have worded my post better. Their sexuality has nothing to do with the fact that they invented a product. It does not take away from the point I was trying to make that the post was misinformed and insensitive.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   

I'm so sick of Christian Fundies pushing their anti-gay discriminatory agenda with us or against us ignorant mentality. Christian bias is based on a book of LIES, yes I said it, the bible is a crock of excrement used to enslave and control people. It is demonstrably false, to believe it so unabashedly literally is proof of mental illness.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   

You are wrong.

It doesn't matter if the person is gay or straight.
Does inventing computers require a gay person???? NO.

The things were invented by people. It doesn't matter if they are gay or straight.

My statement goes to the creation of the list in the first place.

They are people, not sexual demographics.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join