It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Are ALL RESPONSIBLE For The Events in Newtown, CT

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I apologize for disagreeing with your "outrage" narrative. in one of my few personal moments of genuine enlightenment, I concluded that i am not here (in this existence) to put myself upon the altar ("take responsibility"), I am here to observe. I believe we all are.

I'm not saying that a person is not the sole custodian of their thoughts and behaviors. I agree with you that there is genuine mental and emotional disease run rampant in the modern era.

but all things considered, the scope of any single person's influence is rather small. we are not born with, nor are we raised with, the level of sophistication that is necessary to combat this beast. a beast which has been constructed meticulously over the course of generations in secret meetings and dark halls.....and......

....most certainly did not include you or me.

so, why must you or I be held accountable?

yeah, it sucks. but you didn't do this. neither did I.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I have said it before, and I'll say it again.. People hate to examine themselves. We are all guilty of the events that happened today because we have created the reality that we live. We have divided and isolated ourselves. Many are already defeated by the massive weight that our society places on them everyday.

The unfortunate state of man.

- Lee

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
I apologize for disagreeing with your "outrage" narrative. in one of my few personal moments of genuine enlightenment, I concluded that i am not here (in this existence) to put myself upon the altar ("take responsibility"), I am here to observe. I believe we all are.

I'm not saying that a person is not the sole custodian of their thoughts and behaviors. I agree with you that there is genuine mental and emotional disease run rampant in the modern era.

but all things considered, the scope of any single person's influence is rather small. we are not born with, nor are we raised with, the level of sophistication that is necessary to combat this beast. a beast which has been constructed meticulously over the course of generations in secret meetings and dark halls.....and......

....most certainly did not include you or me.

so, why must you or I be held accountable?

yeah, it sucks. but you didn't do this. neither did I.

We are accountable because we are the custodians of this planet and reality on Earth. Your attitude is that of complacency. That is the exact attitude the system promotes and thrives off of. Everything builds on itself exponentially and the less resistance the further it moves.

You are correct, we cannot do it individually. Together though, we can. Look at ants.. They are tiny and incapable of many things on their own, but when bound together they can accomplish AMAZING things.

Some would say we are all cogs on a machine. I'd liken us more to the teeth on the cogs. So small that one of us resisting or doing something we're not "supposed to" would be insignificant. It may not even affect the operation of the machine and it could be easily fixed. Enough of us doing the same thing could eventually amount to one cog or gear which could inevitably slow the machine down or at least be cause for a longer repair. Now if enough of us maintain a mentality that we are going to make a positive change.. Well, several cogs begin to fail, the pulleys fail and the gears slip. The machine will begin to fail and perhaps to keep it running it will have to adapt to these changes. Maybe we'd overcome the worst parts of the machine in this way.. I don't know.. It sounds almost impossible but not entirely crazy. I think simply observing is a waste. I think we're here to experience, discover and feel. I think we are here to make decisions and contemplate the ramifications of every action.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
I have said it before, and I'll say it again.. People hate to examine themselves. We are all guilty of the events that happened today because we have created the reality that we live. We have divided and isolated ourselves. Many are already defeated by the massive weight that our society places on them everyday.

The unfortunate state of man.

- Lee

That video is awesome on so many levels..

It is true.. It's an unfortunate state.

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

Dear ZiggyMojo,

By better I mean anything from a simple smile to a full forced effort to create change within the system. For instance, I have a current project that I'm working on that will help to promote a modern take on investigative journalism and also aide with more government transparency. It will utilize and hopefully educate others on techniques to help analyze the information given to them from media outlets. I don't want to go into too much detail at this time as it's in its early stages, but I look at it as something that would compliment this community quite well. It won't be a place for debate, but rather a place for HARD evidence that will do the talking and give us facts. It won't be a conspiracy website but it may of course, in the process of obtaining the truth, reveal things to be different than we had expected. It's hard to explain without disclosing the full scope of the project, but it is well underway and I think it will serve those willing to participate VERY well.

If you'd think I'd fit in, I'd appreciate an invitation when you get up and running. It sounds promising.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I think most people here would fit in or at least find it to be a good resource. It will of course be sort of barebones in the beginning as we won't have much data compiled, but as time progresses and we have new events to analyze and dissect it will populate itself. A friend and I are currently working out some structural ideas and playing with some designs but when its up I think ATS members will be great resources. It's common practice to hold information up to scrutiny here and that is exactly the sort of thing this project will rely on

posted on Dec, 15 2012 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ZiggyMojo

You are seriously delusional. Do you think for one moment that we have any affect on the direction of this nation. There are so many things that are occurring that go directly against my moral values. Do I really have a say??? I think not. You have it twisted. You have some type of hallucination that the common person is responsible for all the violence because they are witnesses?? Seriously?

I feel like a victim. Today was no different. I was brutalized and traumatized once again. You have it all turned around. Good luck with that.

posted on Dec, 17 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

You're the exact reason our society is on the path it is. You have convinced yourself that you can't do anything to change it so you're just gonna keep doing what you're doing. YOU have been defeated, you have been assimilated into the machine. This is EXACTLY what our problem is. It has nothing to do with being a "witness"... It has everything to do with feeding the societal shortcomings that have made events like this common place. Complacency and Ego. That's all it is. You can live your life feeling a victim, or you can stand up and be the justice.

edit on 17-12-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join