It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Police Stings A Corrupt Form of Power?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnronOutrunHomerun

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
People in armdeal and drug stings dont really get slaps on the wrist. People caught in drug sting if they have enough there are going to get alot of time.

The judges hands are pretty much tied 5 grams crack 5 Years
No parole,50 grams your getting 10 Years No parole at the least. Thanks to Federal Mandatory Minimums there is no slap on the wrist for drug stings.

Intersting...I had hunch that it wasn't treated with much difference...but as I stated earlier, I'm pretty unclear as to the repercussions of all types of stings...

BTW - I appreciate your unbias insider input Shadow
- I hope I'm not coming off as some liberal jerk...for the most part, I believe the law enforcement do an excellent job, espexially considering they risk their lives everday for our safety....but I just have certain concerns that relate to my own opinion on how certain things operate...

Your not comming off in anyway like a jerk ,You have raised some interesting questions. I can really see your point on the prostitute stings they are sometimes the most complex and they can come so close to entrapment. Who should you mainly target the Johns the prostitutes?

I often think it should be legal and regulated like in NV. People are going to do it and atleast there they seem to do it in a safe way. You catch some guy and you can charge him with soliciting a prostitute which is a fine in most places thats a slap on the wrist. Granted though many of these same people will have drugs or a weapon which will pile on the charges.

I really think drug stings are perhaps the most important. As a tool for getting people higher up the chain thats were those stings reallly show there value.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join