It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

IAEA hacked over Israeli nuclear program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   
RT

IAEA has confirmed that one of its servers has been hacked by a previously unknown group called - Parastoo [ Farsi for the swallow bird and a common Iranian girl's name ]. The group posted contact details of more than 100 experts working with the IAEA and demanded an open IAEA investigation into activities at Israel’s Negev Nuclear Research Center located near the city of Dimona.

The UN nuclear agency has confirmed that one of its servers has been hacked. A previously unknown group posted contact details of more than 100 experts working with the IAEA, calling on them to act against Israel’s alleged nuclear activities.

'Israel owns a practical nuclear arsenal, tied to a growing military body and it is not a member of internationally respected nuclear, biochemical and chemical agreements', the group said

Its an Open secret that Israel possess Huge stockpile of Nuclear Weapons . Its questionable why IAEA hesitates to speak on that matter . If Israel can possess the Bomb , why others can't ?
Any Thought ?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
If this is an Iranian group, they might feel like posting this info about the IAEA personnel is fair play. Don't they blame the IAEA for releasing the names of their nuclear scientists, who have been murdered?

I don't agree with this tactic for one reason. Israel is not a signatory of the NPT. They should be, but they aren't. If any other nation had a nuclear arsenal, or the suspicions were there that they were trying to achieve this, they would be invaded (see the upcoming Iran war).

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

IAEA will Fall down if they continue to act like Spy Agency .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UltraMarine

I'm confused. A big part of their job is to get information on nuclear activities occurring in signatory nations. Is that spying?

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Is that spying?

I called IAEA , a spy agency , for releasing the names of Iranian nuclear scientists, who later were murdered by Israel .

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Dear UltraMarine,

Forgive me for not being able to follow along, but I have a different picture in mind.

I called IAEA , a spy agency , for releasing the names of Iranian nuclear scientists, who later were murdered by Israel .
I'm just not seeing this.

Earlier this month, the IAEA released a report claiming that Iran may still be engaged in developing nuclear weapons. The IAEA board adopted a resolution this morning in Vienna expressing "deep and increasing concern" about Iran's nuclear program.

The IAEA report names one scientist that it says is involved in the program and alludes to but does not name researchers at three universities. The IAEA declined to comment about Soltanieh's claim that it had placed the individuals at risk.
At most, then, one name, and I don't know whether he was attacked.
abcnews.go.com...

The Security Council has imposed four rounds of sanctions on Iran over its nuclear activities since 2006. Its list of sanctioned individuals did not include Ahmadi-Roshan, but does name another scientist, Fereydoun Abbasi-Davani, who was wounded in a Tehran car bomb blast in November 2010.

Three months after the attack, Abbasi-Davani was appointed director of the Atomic Energy Organisation of Iran, which runs the country's declared civilian nuclear energy program.

www.reuters.com...

It appears that the names being released are coming from the Security Council, not IAEA, and the charges against IAEA appear to be unsubstantiated complaints by Iran. I find it more likely that the names are coming from agents of Mossad, the CIA, or maybe even the internet.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

I'm confused. A big part of their job is to get information on nuclear activities occurring in signatory nations. Is that spying?

So would it be acceptable for Iran to withdraw from the NPT? Or would that lead Israel to bomb Iran back to the stone ages? Israel's hypocrisy is complete horse manure!

posted on Nov, 27 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by UltraMarine
RT

IAEA has confirmed that one of its servers has been hacked by a previously unknown group called - Parastoo [ Farsi for the swallow bird and a common Iranian girl's name ]. The group posted contact details of more than 100 experts working with the IAEA and demanded an open IAEA investigation into activities at Israel’s Negev Nuclear Research Center located near the city of Dimona.

The UN nuclear agency has confirmed that one of its servers has been hacked. A previously unknown group posted contact details of more than 100 experts working with the IAEA, calling on them to act against Israel’s alleged nuclear activities.

'Israel owns a practical nuclear arsenal, tied to a growing military body and it is not a member of internationally respected nuclear, biochemical and chemical agreements', the group said

Its an Open secret that Israel possess Huge stockpile of Nuclear Weapons . Its questionable why IAEA hesitates to speak on that matter . If Israel can possess the Bomb , why others can't ?
Any Thought ?

If a law abiding citizen can own a gun, why can't a felon? That's what you're asking. The answer is self evident. Also last I checked Iran is a signatory, Israel is not. So you have no point, at all.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:28 AM
link   

It appears that the names being released are coming from the Security Council, not IAEA

The only problem I have with that is, who gave the names to the Security Council? Surely they are working hand in hand with the IAEA, no? If that is the case, I would be a little more forgiving of Iran's "secretive" enrichment facilities.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamsRazor04

I advice you to read NPT : Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons
Wikipedia

The Treaty on the Non-Proliferation of Nuclear Weapons, commonly known as the Non-Proliferation Treaty or NPT, is a landmark international treaty whose objective is to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology, to promote cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy and to further the goal of achieving nuclear disarmament and general and complete disarmament

The NPT consists of a preamble and eleven articles. Although the concept of "pillars" is not expressed anywhere in the NPT, the treaty is nevertheless sometimes interpreted as a three-pillar system, with an implicit balance among them:
- non-proliferation,
- disarmament, and
- the right to peacefully use nuclear technology

As Iran is NPT signatory nation , It has every right to peacefully use nuclear technology like
- Producing Electricity
- Use it for Medical purpose

On the other hand , Israel has not signed NPT but continues to possess >200 Nuclear Warheads . Thats Illegal

According to leaked intelligence, Israel has been developing nuclear weapons at its Dimona site in the Negev since 1958, and many nonproliferation analysts like David Albright estimate that Israel may have stockpiled between 100 to 200 warheads using the plutonium reprocessed from Dimona. The Israeli government refuses to confirm or deny possession of nuclear weapons, although this is now regarded as an open secret after Israeli low level nuclear technician Mordechai Vanunu—subsequently arrested and sentenced for treason by Israel—published evidence about the program to the British Sunday Times in 1986

Click HERE To Read on Negev Nuclear Research Center :

The Negev Nuclear Research Center is an Israeli nuclear installation located in the Negev desert, about thirteen kilometers to the south-east of the city of Dimona. The purpose of Dimona is widely assumed to be the manufacturing of nuclear weapons. Israel acknowledges the existence of the site, but refuses to either confirm or deny its suspected purpose in a policy known as nuclear ambiguity. Information about the facility remains highly classified

edit on 28-11-2012 by UltraMarine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by jaws1975

Dear jaws1975,

Thanks for the question.

So would it be acceptable for Iran to withdraw from the NPT? Or would that lead Israel to bomb Iran back to the stone ages? Israel's hypocrisy is complete horse manure!
Of course it's legal for Iran to withdraw from the treaty, that right was written into the treaty itself. They just have to give six months notice.

Why doesn't it withdraw? I certainly don't know. If you think Israel is preventing Iran from withdrawing by threat of total nuclear annihilation, I'm surprised. They've had other reasons before, and haven't done anything significant.

What do you think will happen if things continue and it is learned that Iran, finally, has several bombs and the means to deliver them? Do you think that Israel would let that go by?

My solution for Iran? Stay in the treaty and abide by it's terms. Nuclear problem solved.

Oh, and Israel's hypocrisy? They're abiding by the terms of the nuclear agreements they've signed, why can't Iran do the same?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Dear superman2012,

Ok, interesting point. Let's assume that IAEA gave the names to the Security Council. Heck, make it the CIA, or Satan himself. The Council has China and Russia on it. They're certainly not friends of Israel. Whatever was in the report, they didn't object to it coming out. This is not the first report the Security Council has released on the subject, it wasn't a surprise to anyone. Had anyone thought it was a problem, it wouldn't have been released.

At least, that's the way I see it with the limited information I have, always willing to learn more.,

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Dear UltraMarine,

I find that I can agree with some of what you've written;

As Iran is NPT signatory nation , It has every right to peacefully use nuclear technology like
- Producing Electricity
- Use it for Medical purpose
100% agreement here. But is that all they're doing? Some believe yes, and some believe no. How do we find out? By allowing inspectors, they agreed to it, after all. But they're not allowing them in. I don't know, but I can guess at their reason why. But, whatever their reason, they're in violation. I don't know if it's illegal, but it is a treaty violation.

On the other hand , Israel has not signed NPT but continues to possess >200 Nuclear Warheads . Thats Illegal
I'm lost here. Why is it illegal? Or, what treaty have they agreed to that they are violating?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Hey Charles,

I realize we are in pursuit of the same thing, information, so I thought I would bring this to your attention. I am about 1/2 way finished reading it, and it isn't biased either way! Pretty interesting so far.

Iran’s Nuclear Program: Tehran’s Compliance with International Obligations

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Dear superman2012,

You've certainly lived up to your name.
That report is a valuable resource, current, and, as you say, apparently unbiased.

HEY! Any of you posters who want to learn about the IAEA, UN, and Iran, go through this report. And if you already know about them, then you doubly have to read this report. Then come back and talk.

With respect,
Charles1952

P.s. You know, you could make a thread from this report, but it would die early because there'd be no argument. - C -

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Yes that is true. That is why I think it will be my "go to" pdf file. I do like how unbiased it is though.

top topics

join