It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disclosure of the moon landing hoax.

page: 288
<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
..and we are talking about the kind of people who did this

and think they'd be fussy about an elevated cancer risk.

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: turbonium1

How about some recent data from an entire eight-month trip to Mars?

Results taken during Curiosity's eight-month cruise to Mars indicate that astronauts would receive a radiation dose of about 660 millisieverts during a 360-day roundtrip flight, the fastest travel possible with today's chemical rockets. That dosage does not include any time spent on the planet's surface. A millisievert is a measurement of radiation exposure.

NASA limits astronauts' increased cancer risk to 3 percent, which translates to a cumulative radiation dose of between about 800 millisieverts and 1,200 millisieverts, depending on a person's age, gender and other factors.

So even a round-trip to Mars would not increase cancer risk by more than 3%, based on data measured by the MSL detector.

mobile.reuters.com...

So a week-long trip to the moon ought to be OK, right?

edit on 22-6-2014 by Rob48 because: Typo

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: onebigmonkey
..and we are talking about the kind of people who did this

[snipped spacewalk vid]

and think they'd be fussy about an elevated cancer risk.

Plus, most of the early astronauts came fro the military test pilot corps. Test piloting was an inherently dangerous profession; there was a time in the late 1950s and early 1960s that test pilots were getting killed in accidents at the average rate of one per week.

Granted, that time period was a higher than normal average, but even in the mid 1960s, test piloting was dangerous, and the point is that many of these astronauts came from a profession where a higher-than-normal risk of death was an every day thing.

If they were told that traveling to the Moon would mean a 1 or 2% rise in the risk of cancer, I think most of these guys would have said:

"I don't care -- just frickin' send me to the Moon"

edit on 6/22/2014 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: ppk55

This may have been said as I am replying without reading whole thread, forgive if was just too hard on tablet. Anyway, I think the real question is if and when China will blow the whistle. They have been running all over the place up there taking hidef pics and videos.

Is it in their interest to embarrass the united states. They are already planning mining missions to the moon and mars. They are putting their money and our stolen technology to good use. They are also working on their own rocket engines. We are currently depending on Russian engines to fly even our military payloads. How is that for a crock of poopoo.

The Bot

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: dlbott

The thing is, there's nothing to blow the whistle on. No hidden moon bases, no empty bits of terrain were there should be Apollo descent stages, no alien motherships.

Do you know which country has produced the most detailed whole-moon map to date?

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

a reply to: Rob48

The thing is, there's nothing to blow the whistle on. No hidden moon bases, no empty bits of terrain were there should be Apollo descent stages, no alien motherships

quite the contrary ....

but China wouldn't blow the whistle,,,they got too much money riding on the status quo,,,why ruin your best customer when they owe ya a bunch of money ,,,besides what do they care about what the general public in the west thinks,,,it could be argued that china enjoys the benefits of a dumb down public more than anybody...if they had found moon bases they would keep it secret until they actually knew what/who they were dealing with & try to use it to an advantage... theres very little advantage to reveal a hoax & their capabilities when it wont be believe anyhow or brushed off as propaganda & many of the results of revealing the hoax are unpredictable & certainly wouldnt be in their best interest,,not to mention the other unintended consequences that could result...
edit on 22-6-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2014 @ 09:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

so basically what you are saying is that all the third party evidence of the moon landing hoax (which is what most HB say they want) wont convince you because they all have something to lose..

them goalposts have already begun to move..

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: choos

dont try too deflect from the fact my hypothesis has validity

everyone knows full well there isn't a viable third party....even the two party system is just an illusion...

if anything was learned during Nixons apollo,,it is that the politics are corrupt....

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation

The thing is, there's nothing to blow the whistle on. No hidden moon bases, no empty bits of terrain were there should be Apollo descent stages, no alien motherships

quite the contrary ....

but China wouldn't blow the whistle,,,they got too much money riding on the status quo,,,why ruin your best customer when they owe ya a bunch of money ..

Now yes, not when the missions took place

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:48 AM
link   

about that.. funny how TPTB (or the entity you are so afraid of) has never silenced anyone..

I don't think that even the propagandists themselves would be so naive as too agree with that statement...

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

In which case, as is alluded to by choos, there is no point you demanding 3rd party evidence because there isn't any that you would accept. The whole point of a hypothesis is that it can be tested, you are supposed to challenge them, and your hypothesis is flawed.

It doesn't matter whether China 'exposes' the US or not, if there is money owed it would still be owed regardless of whether anyone had been humiliated or not.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:09 AM
link   

about that.. funny how TPTB (or the entity you are so afraid of) has never silenced anyone..

I don't think that even the propagandists themselves would be so naive as too agree with that statement...

Silencing someone a week after they've given their evidence in public is a little useless don't you think?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 02:48 AM
link   

Get your info off conspiracy websites? Where you aware Congress received his full report? And he was helping NASA they were in a big dispute with North American aviation. See NASA was claiming they did shoddy work and used combustible materials which led to the fire. His report agreed with NASA thus pushing the cause of the fire away from NASA. Next you want to claim he was killed because of his report well did you even bother to check how he died he was hit by a train witnesses said he tried to beat the train apparently he didnt make it. So in order to murder him they would have had to know he wouldnt stop at the train track and time it so the train sped up???? In other words no way anyone could have caused his death other than him.

Oh and one more thing it wasnt a week after his report to congress in fact there were two reports to congress it actually occurred a week after congress finished their investigation.Bottom line it was tragic situation but he was a disgruntled American employee this is evident from his testimony. He didnt like the fact he was ignored one American official said he would send reports up so often that that he continually ran out of forms no other inspectors had this problem.
edit on 6/23/14 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

there ya go again, assuming NASA controls TPTB and not the other way around,,,,they were investigating the apollo boondoggle & thats not going to go over to good with the military industrial complex....nothing to see here though,, just a tragic accident,, there was a witness that said the train came from the book depository ,,,,opps the the 500 page email report went missing....

Get your info off conspiracy websites?

only from the ATS bigfoot forum

edit on 23-6-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Once you postulate that nobody can uncover a conspiracy because it goes "so high up" and "everybody is in on it", it is pointless arguing with you, because there is literally NO evidence that you will consider acceptable. Even if you travelled to the moon yourself and saw the landing sites, you would come up with some excuse why they weren't genuine.

Reminds me of the old joke:

Two conspiracy theorists are driving to a UFO convention when their car crashes and they're both killed. They end up before the Pearly Gates, where St Peter asks them, "Would you like to meet God?"

"Would we ever," they reply, "there's something we really want to clear up."

So they meet God and ask: "You are all-seeing. How did NASA really fake the moon landings?"

"It wasn't a fake," God replies. "Humans really did land on the moon, as I am my witness."

At which one conspiracy theorist turns to the other and says: "Wow, this one goes even deeper than we thought!"

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

well look at the most well known hoax believers.. look at how much they put out.. they even have the gall to make money out of it.. now how is that remotely possible given that TPTB do NOT want this secret to come out given that this is the secret??

the only logical conclusion is that the hoax theories regarding the manned lunar missions has zero truth to it.. in fact i may even go so far as to say if there was something TPTB are hiding they would rather spread misinformation regarding the hoax manned lunar missions to lead people away from the real secret since they know for certain man landed on the moon.. just send the HB on a wild goose chase.

p.s. thomas baron was more critical to NAA not NASA.. his 58 page report apparently is more damning to NAA and does not bring anything against NASA.. NAA wanted to blame NASA, and NASA wanted to blame NAA for negligence.. i dont see how this helps your argument..
www.clavius.org...
edit on 23-6-2014 by choos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Once you postulate that nobody can uncover a conspiracy because "everybody is in on it", it is pointless
God replies "It wasn't a fake,"

relax,calm down.... i've only exposed the fallacy of two & a half of the arguments the propagandist use to sustain their paradigm so far,,, there no need to get nasty & call me a conspiracy theorist.....

I havn't even got to the "if everybody is in on it- why hasn't someone said something" fallacy yet

Besides you have plenty of other evidence remember ,,,however I wouldn't expect anything less of a propagandists than too say that God was on their side ,,, but if your going to bring him into it ,,I must insist you post links to the source ....

edit on 23-6-2014 by Misinformation because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: choos

well look at the most well known hoax believers.. look at how much they put out.. they even have the gall to make money out of it.. now how is that remotely possible given that TPTB do NOT want this secret to come out given that this is the secret??

Precisely. Look at Bill Kaysing. He put out his first book in 1976, and another one 35 years later (in which he totally changed his theory, incidentally!). He lived to the ripe old age of 82, dying of complications from a heart operation, rather than any mysterious "accident".

Likewise Ralph René lived to the age of 75, more than a decade and a half after publishing his book about Apollo, and Bart Sibrel, who claims that the mainstream media censor and control everything, proudly trumpets the fact that

he has appeared and been interviewed on The Daily Show, Geraldo, NBC, CNN, FOX, Tech TV, Coast to Coast, and The Abrams Report. Articles featuring Mr. Sibrel's films have been published in Time Magazine, USA Today, The New York Times, The Washington Post, The L.A. Times and many others.

And René's latter-day disciple from Down Under continues to entertain us with his videos completely unfettered by visits by Men in Black.

Who is hiding what, exactly?

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Once you postulate that nobody can uncover a conspiracy because "everybody is in on it", it is pointless
God replies "It wasn't a fake,"

Besides you have plenty of other evidence remember ,,,however I wouldn't expect anything less of a propagandists than too say that God was on their side ,,, but if your going to bring him into it ,,I must insist you post links to the source ....

It's called a joke — just like the Apollo hoax theory.,

For the record I don't believe in God, for the same reason I don't believe in the Apollo hoax theory. The evidence doesn't stack up.

posted on Jun, 23 2014 @ 07:49 AM
link   

a reply to: dragonridr

there ya go again, assuming NASA controls TPTB and not the other way around,,,,they were investigating the apollo boondoggle & thats not going to go over to good with the military industrial complex....nothing to see here though,, just a tragic accident,, there was a witness that said the train came from the book depository ,,,,opps the the 500 page email report went missing....

Get your info off conspiracy websites?

only from the ATS bigfoot forum

email report??

new topics

top topics

<< 285  286  287    289  290  291 >>

join