It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huge problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Poles set to reverse in 2012

If this happens the ozone will disappear meaing large scale heating , in tern causing large scale cooling , if the poles reverse the human races will become inferior with large large arge amounts of cancers erc any thoughts

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 06:03 AM
link   
The pole reverse is already late for schelude, and there is no way somebody could affect to it. Just get sun cream 1000000X and prepare to live in a bunker few years..
-ap

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
As I understand it, the pole reversal is happening currently. It's not going to be an overnight change, but rather a gradual thing taking something like 1000 years.

National Geographic had an article on this about a month ago. The article said that the Earth's magnetic field had weakened by about 10% since scientists started tracking that sort of thing 150 years ago. So, 10% every 150 years works out to about a 1500 year timeline for the switch, assuming the rate stays steady.

As exciting as it may be to predict disastrous cataclysms happening during our lifetimes, the odds are against it.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
My information says pole reversals can happen quickly and often have done so - sometimes flipping and back and forth a few times before settling. ...After reading first post, just realized that of course the magnetic field will be interrupted. (Duh.) ...Before that, I considered things like communications systems, electricity, polarity, etc. My my. Anyway - it seems to me that after the transition (which hopefully will be quick), then we will have a functioning protective magnetic field. ...but what if it is slow?

...so much of this info - magnetic fields, pole reversals, climate change, plate tectonics and hot spots - used to be very available. Now all we get is pre-digested pap designed to calm the masses and prevent panic. ...Anyone have good sources. (National Geographic doesn't count. LOL)

Don't know about you, but I like to know what I'm dealing with. Resent censorship and being herded.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Out of curiosity, what would you consider a "good source"? I know NG is a bit watered down, but you have to admit it's a far cry above things like pravda.ru that are commonly accepted "sources" at some conspiracy sites.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
research from the Geophysical Societies used to be much more accessible... I honestly haven't found anything comparable in openness to what was available 25-odd years ago. ...what have you found to be good?

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This site has some info on the pole shift.

The Hutton Commentaries (THC) has been saying from the beginning that a shift in the poles of Earth�s rotational axis can only be caused by a significant shift of mass somewhere within our planet. Now, two scientists studying data on Earth�s gravity field have found evidence of just such a mass shift that began in 1998. This is the year in which Cayce readings 3976-15 and 378-16 said that a forty-year-long period, from 1958-1998, marking the beginning of predicted Earth changes would come to an end. Then, in 1998 and beyond there would be �the changes wrought in the upheavals and the shifting of the poles.�

We present evidence here that the �upheavals� may have begun in the inner Earth between 1998 and 2002, where the liquid outer core meets the overlying plastic mantle. This is the core-mantle boundary, or CMB. Upheavals along the CMB may have been detected by means of precision satellite-ranging measurements conducted since 1979. Interpretations of the voluminous measurements between 1979 and 2002 have been published by two scientists, Christopher Cox and Benjamin Chao, in the August 2 issue of Science magazine (p. 832). Here follows their reasoning and their conclusions.

www.huttoncommentaries.com...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 11:23 PM
link   
First of all, I remember hearing several times that this has happened in the past, and earth did not lose it's atmosphere as a result.

Next, I'm not really aware of how a polarity reversal works, but it seems to me that as long as the iron core and the flow of energy from the sun holds out, this big electromagnet we live on should keep working, right?

Anyway, this ametuer show is a little sad. Maybe we better wait for somebody with concrete knowledge to fill us in on pole shifts.

I'll do some reading later... for now i got to sleep.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 08:13 AM
link   
There is a great confusion with the changing of the magnetic poles.

The ozone layer does not exist because of the magnetic field, so it will not disappear if the poles shift. And if the ozone layer disappears, that would not make the Earth's temperature to rise, the ozone layer acts like an UV filter, not as an heat filter.

If the Earth's magnetic field disappeared, we would loose the protection against cosmic and solar radiation.

There are also some people who mix the poles, and speak of the changing of the rotation poles instead of the magnetic poles.

I don't know if you consider these as good sources, but you can more informations here, here and here.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Yeah, It should be happening soon or soon-ish, as in the BIG shift where it changes plenty of times and flips about. That is going to majourly bugger up so much stuff, and kill alot of people from solar radiation. Oh well, there's nothig we can do except go underground or to a protective lead-lined bunker. *goes out and digs and builds like crazy*

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
The pole shift suffers from a lot of hype and a LOT of hysteria.

Originally posted by yuanshao101
Poles set to reverse in 2012

...and in 2000, and in 2001, and in 2002, and in 1999, and so on and so forth. I seem to recall every single year being annouced as the "Year Of The Pole Change. So far it hasn't happened.

If this happens the ozone will disappear meaing large scale heating , in tern causing large scale cooling ,

The poles have reversed a number of times before. NONE of the reversals coincided with an ice age or rise in global temperature.

if the poles reverse the human races will become inferior with large large arge amounts of cancers erc any thoughts

I don't see what evidence you have to support this. The poles reverse regularly, and there's no sign that they cause largescale changes in temperature (we know how to measure this) or increased mutations or anything else.

So all the evidence is that "the poles reverse and things go on as they did." There's no reason to think it will be different this time or that the planet will suddenly look at a calendar and go "Whoa! Significant date! Better flip out!"

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Nothing happens on significant dates hmm? Remember Y2K when the Earth's magnetic field took control over all machines and used them to enslave us and use our body heat to generate electricity to power an AI society?
Oh wait... that's an unfulfilled prophecy made on Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell, and shades of the Matrix.

But yeah, for once in my life I was right about something: this has happened before and the Earths atmosphere (Ozone included) didn't go anywhere.

Could anybody explain what causes a magnetic pole shift exactly? Something to do with the way the Earth's solid core rotates just a tad slower than everything else or something?

LL1

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 09:42 PM
link   
The poles have shifted before, here's a link:
Poles In Constant Movement

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Some great links here - thanks. ...Geophysical science underwent a revolution in the 1960's and turned many preconceptions inside out and upside down. Until then Biblical notions that 'God made the earth and it is as he made it and it will not change' governed science as well as much Western thought. ...One of the compromise positions taken was "Well, okay. Things change, but only very slowly." ...Bull puckey. The concept of cataclysmic change and upheaval has been proven and reproven.

...History is often rewritten, and facts are frequently suppressed or manipulated for damage control. There are several present and looming catastrophes that might threaten global economic stability (read: corporate power) if the truth came out. ...I suspect this may be one of them.

top topics

join