It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attention !!! The Revolution Will Not Be Televised It Will Be Trivilized.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Reading the latest threads and posts I had to ask my fellow ATSers, what's up with people coming to an alternative news site to regurgitate the same soundbytes heard on in the MSM? I read the same sheeple crap heard here that i read on Fox or CNN news sites. Ironically, some people who claim they are patroits or "true Americans" are the exact ones who are murdering American ideas and values. For those who forgot - This country was created to escape tyranny and oppression. Somehow the tables have turned and the oppressed are now the villians. Some of you should be ashamed to call yourselves Americans. What happened to the spirit of the founders of this great country? Go back and read American history. Show me where the founding fathers fought to defend the powerful. Read me the part where Patrick Henry said "Give me slavery or give me death". I have actually read one post where someone proudly wrote "Let them eat cake". Really? This country was founded by the common man, designed for the common and was built on the backs of the common man. The statue of liberty reads:

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!
Emma Lazarus

How did TPTB pull the wool over our eyes? We have let the emperors divide us and soon they will conquer us with our own stupidity and hate. Sadly, the loudest outcry heard these days are: Left,Right Obama phones, welfare state, evil unions, the less educated,the 47% ers ect. Enough is enough. We need to remember the ultimate agenda.

"It has ever been my hobby-horse to see rising in America an empire of liberty, and a prospect of two or three hundred millions of freemen, without one noble or one king among them. You say it is impossible. If I should agree with you in this, I would still say, let us try the experiment, and preserve our equality as long as we can".

John Adams 1786

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Media is media...you must dig thru the ore to find the gem.

It's just that ATS has very rich ore...

One reason we get so much fluff is because everyone wants stars and flags. First responers
to major news stories get big UPS here in the form of S@F and replies.....

Life is big game of LOOK AT ME....and everyone is playing

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 03:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Media is media...you must dig thru the ore to find the gem.

It's just that ATS has very rich ore...

One reason we get so much fluff is because everyone wants stars and flags. First responers
to major news stories get big UPS here in the form of S@F and replies.....

Life is big game of LOOK AT ME....and everyone is playing

Unfortunately you are right. The timing is wrong no time to play. The game is too serious. We are in the 4th quarter.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Any revolution against what the people in power want will be ignored, dismissed, and covered up by another celebrity scandal to nip it off before it becomes a problem. We need to keep these "alternative" news sources open to combat this as much as possible.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

Reading the latest threads and posts I had to ask my fellow ATSers, what's up with people coming to an alternative news site to regurgitate the same soundbytes heard on in the MSM? I read the same sheeple crap heard here that i read on Fox or CNN news sites.

It's been like this since ATS introduced stars, it destroyed serious discussion and created a community of self righteous star hunters, saying what they think will get them stars...

You see people being liberal in one thread and hard core right in another the hypocrisy is amazing, all in the hope of getting stars for that silver or gold box around there comments, as they think it makes there comment more valid..and some of the most ignorant posts on here actually come from the gold and silver so called super stars of ATS.

It's become a game on this site, and lacks proper discussion like it used to be.

This is why i rarely come here anymore.

Also propaganda with this gaza israel crap is out of control on ATS.

That's my rant for this year..lol

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by EmeraldCityWanderer
Any revolution against what the people in power want will be ignored, dismissed, and covered up by another celebrity scandal to nip it off before it becomes a problem. We need to keep these "alternative" news sources open to combat this as much as possible.

I agree that we need alternative news. But have you read some of the posts here? Some ATS'ers seem to have discontempt for the common man. So which is better? The distracted or the informed who don't care?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Life is a cycle.

We are leaving the dissolution phase and well into the coagulation phase.

Everything is being consolidates, concentrated, standardized and minimized.

Variance is an enemy of this process.

All systems are failing at the same rate and we have more of less than ever before.

After coagulation the essence will rise and the dross will go away.

Life is a cycle.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

hello, it's just as bad over here in the uk, the BBC recently aired a supposedly satirical series called ''The Revolution Will Be Televised''

www.bbc.co.uk...

I haven't watched it but my husband watched a bit of one episode and told me it just turns very serious issues that affect us all into a joke, this generally tends to be the British way, all vile acts end up being turned into a joke for us to laugh at and takes away the seriousness to it, I try to point out to people that the only reason these jokes are circulated are to distract us from the real issue but apparently I take things too seriously and shouldn't be thinking about things like this as it will only upset me, when in reality i'm upset that they can't see whats going on right on their doorstep, and they are still under the impression that the governments etc are here to look after us,

its a very, very sad situation

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
but.... but.... I've already purchased the Pay-per-view event

top topics

join