It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Predict Post Sandy Riots and possible martial law in NY in the next few days!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I say this (mind you I'm not one to predict things, it's more of a logical imagination thing) because I was just instagramming (sorry) and a NY times breaking news flash just came up on the screen saying that the military was gonna truck fuel to NY..

How much fuel are you gonna be moving????? Do you know how many people all over NY NEED GAS??? They are gonna MOBBB those damn trucks!

The martial law might be a stretch but hey, the military will be there already, and the national guard are already there. *shrugs*

I'll post the link in a second.
edit on 2-11-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

ETA: LINK
edit on 2-11-2012 by unphased because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/11/12 by masqua because: All Caps in title

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by unphased

You may be right about the riots.... I've been saying as much.

People still seem (MSM included) completely clueless about the situation unfolding. This is going to get MUCH worse before it gets better.

In terms of the martial law prediction....we'll see. I still think there is a large chance of a contested election. Unfortunately, that may draw attention from what is happening in the NE.

Should be a busy week.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
...and this prediction is so important and revolutionary that it was necessary to put the entire thread title in caps?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Does anybody commute via I-95 in the area?
Have you seen any gas tanker trucks on the roads anywhere?

And if not, why do you think that is?

Forgot to add: Why would the military need to be resupplying gas?
Why not by regular shipping means to their normal routes and stations?

This is FEMA maybe where they step in and start allocating resources capriciously?
edit on 2-11-2012 by PaperbackWriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Be semi normal in a few days the lawyers are already lining up top block the election. Obama states so they will get what they want. People whining because they didn't have flood insurance and the feds should GIVE it to them. Maybe they should have listened a bit. BUT WERE ALL GOING TO STARVE screamed the fat lady. I'm still laughing about that

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

The tanker trucks get their fuel from the ships carrying gas.
The ships containing gas couldn't get into the harbor in Newark because of the hurricane.
If you miss even a day of gas supply for a city like nyc, you mess it up for a week.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

I PREDICT POST SANDY RIOTS AND POSSIBLE MARTIAL LAW IN NY IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS!! ,

Ok.

When a thread title is ALL CAPS and predicting a WORST CASE SCENARIO, I am inclined to dismiss it.

Just Sayin'.

eta: Forgot to mention you used multiple "!!"

edit on 11/2/2012 by Chamberf=6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod

Originally posted by PaperbackWriter

The tanker trucks get their fuel from the ships carrying gas.
The ships containing gas couldn't get into the harbor in Newark because of the hurricane.
If you miss even a day of gas supply for a city like nyc, you mess it up for a week.

Hmmm. OK. Are the docks damaged or subject to shipping getting back to normal soon do you think?
This is something I haven't heard talked about in the media.
It is the largest port on the Eastern Seaboard for shipping all sorts of stuff.
Wonder how long it will take to start affecting people outside the Tri-State area.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
If you wanted the ultimate proving ground to see if humans could come together in a crisis scenario, New York and New Jersey would be that place.

We have seen situations where people have come together to assist one another in time of need. Will the same be true for north America's largest urban centres.

It's seems like the lines holding the people together are starting to fray. A riot could be around the corner is the environment turns toxic and it becomes dog eat dog.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
the recovery is under way

we are strong

you are weak

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Lets not forget that without electricity, the gas stations wont work, that's a main reason for such long gas lines! They need to ship it in tankers and trucks capable of self sufficiency....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
I don't think we're there yet. It takes a catalyst to create a riot, a sense of injustice usually, with a large enough crowd all in place and enough witnesses to be outraged. You don't have that in this case.

The affected area is too large, and there is no specific target either.

What are people going to riot against, Sandy? I can see it now, tens of people shaking their fists at the sky!

It's bad, but it's not THAT bad. These people can still get shelter, they are not being abused by the authorities, they might be struggling but they are not in immediate danger and there are lots of facilities in place to help them.

I was wrong before when I said people were overreacting to the risks of the storm (I admit I fell into the trap of thinking it was another cry wolf moment) but people are seemingly overreacting in the aftermath.

Yes there is a lot of damage, and I feel bad for those who have lost their lives, or lost their homes and possessions. But this is not life or death for the latter. It's just stuff. There are shelters still available, there are friends and relatives and neighbours able to help.

People are acting as though they are living in a war zone or need a refugee camp. There are millions of people around the world who are in FAR WORSE situations, genuine life or death living conditions where they face actual starvation and actual poverty. They don't have shelters to use, they don't have charitable groups to feed them, they don't have insurance companies to come and build them a new home, they don't have anything at all.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I attended a seminar hosted by an ex-IBM executive on disaster preparedness this spring.

He was saying that fuel storage tanks for backup generators are often times on the ROOF of these large buildings, and that they usually store only about 72 hours worth of fuel.

Having the tanks on the roof makes them very hard to re-fill.

I expect things in NYC are worse than we are being told, and will get progressivley worse in the days to come.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I'll stand with you...on that prediction. I don't know about FULL Martial Law...but i do see a curfew being put into place. People need to REALLY UNDERSTAND....HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS. We're talking MILLIONS of people. This thing could get ugly....REAL FAST. People are ALREADY beginning to get desperate. Even my CLOSEST friends are concerned. One even described it as "scarey". These people have NEVER been through ANYTHING of this magnitude before.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....WE ARE SEEING THE COLLAPSE OF AN EMPIRE. You should take this situation VERY VERY SERIOUSLY!!!!

Two years ago...went back to New York to work, for 2 months...and during that time period i had these recurring dreams....just about every night. They were violent dreams. People were fighting EVERYWHERE...like a war zone without weapons. This happened almost every single night!!!

Please...check out my new thread...and see exactly what i'm talking about. I didnt BELIEVE in ZOMBIES til i met SANDY

If you want to know why i think it's more DIRE, than what we're led to believe, i'll tell you. Keywords like: eventually and limited, oh and the classic "I promise".

WE ARE GONNA DIE

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:31 AM
link   

edit on 12-6-2013 by OneTrueGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 04:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by unphased
I Predict Post Sandy Riots and possible martial law in NY in the next few days!!

I say this (mind you I'm not one to predict things, it's more of a logical imagination thing) because I was just instagramming (sorry) and a NY times breaking news flash just came up on the screen saying that the military was gonna truck fuel to NY..

How much fuel are you gonna be moving????? Do you know how many people all over NY NEED GAS??? They are gonna MOBBB those damn trucks!

The martial law might be a stretch but hey, the military will be there already, and the national guard are already there. *shrugs*

Originally posted by MystikMushroom
I expect things in NYC are worse than we are being told, and will get progressivley worse in the days to come.

Originally posted by SpittinTruth
I'll stand with you...on that prediction. I don't know about FULL Martial Law...but i do see a curfew being put into place. People need to REALLY UNDERSTAND....HOW DANGEROUS THIS IS. We're talking MILLIONS of people. This thing could get ugly....REAL FAST. People are ALREADY beginning to get desperate. Even my CLOSEST friends are concerned. One even described it as "scarey". These people have NEVER been through ANYTHING of this magnitude before.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....WE ARE SEEING THE COLLAPSE OF AN EMPIRE. You should take this situation VERY VERY SERIOUSLY!!!!

So fellas, more than 6 months later... no riots. No martial law.

How's that working out for you?
edit on 12/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sankari

Originally posted by unphased

Originally posted by MystikMushroom

Originally posted by SpittinTruth

So fellas, more than 6 months later... no riots. No martial law.

How's that working out for you?
edit on 12/6/13 by Sankari because: added quote...

absolved.... however I can't help but call out the egotistic nature of your post. =)

posted on Jun, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Nothing egotistical about my post. Just a friendly question.

I'm guessing the answer is 'No.'

new topics

top topics

join