It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pakistani parents kill 15-year-old daughter for looking at two boys

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Pakistani parents kill 15-year-old daughter with acid over her suspected affair with a boy she looked at.

The young girl sister became suspicious after her parents refuse to shown their daughters face at her funeral, and alerted the police.

The parents confessed to killing their daughter because they believed she had brought shame to the family's honour...

Now this is what gets me mad, she dare look at 2 boys in the street, and you know it was just a glance, so her parents have to melt her face and let her die painfully to save there honour, but killing there own daughter like this is ok for the family honour...HOW do you get the head around this logic ?

Raja Tahir Ayub, another local police officer, told the BBC the girl's father was furious because he saw the girl 'looking at two boys' on a motorcycle.

Mr Ayub said: 'He took his daughter inside, beat her up and then poured acid over her with the help of his wife.'
The parents did not take the her to hospital until the next day and she died there.

Muhammad Jahangir, the head of the hospital in Kotli said the girl arrived with more than 35% burns.
'There was no way she could survive,' he explained.

The Human Rights Commission of Pakistan said that in 2011, at least
943 women were murdered, nine had their noses cut off, 98 were tortured, 47 set on fire and 38 attacked with acid.

So my question is, how do the liberal left at ATS defend this barbaric act and the peace loving muslims ?

Source
edit on 2-11-2012 by TheMaverick because: (no reason given)

Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

edit on Sun Nov 4 2012 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Umm.. I don't know how anyone could defend this. I'm not sure why you decided to use it as a liberal attack point. This type of behavior is deplorable, and no not all Muslims are peace loving, not by a long shot. The problem people have with the type of statements you just made is it condemns an entire group because of the actions of a few. For example, there is a lot of white trash in this country, but just because I'm white doesn't mean I am a disgusting trailer dwelling type person.

So back to the point... it is a horrible thing that happened to that poor girl. I'm glad I live in a country where killing your child brings much more dishonor to a family than said child looking at some boys. I couldn't stand the thought of harming one of my children.... this is just sick.

Once again though, this is a deplorable thing that happened, in Pakistan, and it has nothing to do with American politics.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Sometimes I can't understand what's wrong with those people.

Then I remember there are psychos in every country of the world. Just a disgusting story about such an unfortunate young woman.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   
It's always seemed to me that acid attacks are rather common with Muslims compared to other groups. Is it a cultural thing? Is it symbolic of something?

I don't get how people do this kind of thing to another human being, especially their own child and over something so benign.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheMaverick
Pakistani parents kill 15-year-old daughter with acid over her suspected affair with a boy she looked at.

So she was already married off, then cheated?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by iamhobo

Very true... but I can't help but giggle at the irony of you posting in this thread while your avatar is Bert eating a baby. Just saying....

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Where do these animals even GET acid like what the hell

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMaverick

however I can not trust BBC but I am sure that Pakistan needs help. I have seen many radical acts in Pakistan, who is responsible !!! and I do not buy it as any religion. religion is something and being Pakistani is something else.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Nope not married, it seems they were upset because they thought she was having an affair with one of the boys without their consent. At least that's the impression I got from the article.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

Eh, I'm over it.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
The problem people have with the type of statements you just made is it condemns an entire group because of the actions of a few.

then you say this

For example, there is a lot of white trash in this country, but just because I'm white doesn't mean I am a disgusting trailer dwelling type person

Are you not condemning an entire group of people?

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
What really worries me, is pakistan still live in the dark ages, and live in a parallel world to the rest of us, and these backward lunatics have nuclear weapons.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I find these issues sad, when girls are totally objectified. I read this morning from the news that there were also another honor killing of the girl who refused arranged marriage.

When will be female rights be equal all over the World and even have rights?
When will World be civilized in every corner ? This is from stone-age call it honor.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953

Nope not married, it seems they were upset because they thought she was having an affair with one of the boys without their consent. At least that's the impression I got from the article.

Do you know what an "affair" is?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

So my question is, how do the liberal left at ATS defend this barbaric act and the peace loving muslims ?

What makes you think the liberal left defends these actions?

Now you are categorizing a group of people and that is baiting and trolling.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Why did you have to bring religion into this? I see nothing here to do with the Islamic religion. Or are you moronic and think every brown person is a Muslim?
edit on 2-11-2012 by Ryanssuperman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

How does this is any way have anything to do with being Liberal or Conservative?
Last time I checked liberals do not support murder or torture.
Not sure what you think of "liberals" but they bleed the same blood and shed the same tears as "conservatives".
We need to stop being divided by these silly titles.
Do you really hate liberals so much that you think they would defend such a heinous act?

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

So she was already married off, then cheated?

Do you know what an "affair" is?

Lets say for argument sake. she was having a affair, does this make it ok to not only murder their daughter, but slow and painfully ?

She was a 15 yr old girl, with lunatic parents, so i find it very unlikely she was having a affair with someone she looked at on the back of her fathers motobike.

posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
And another thing for all of you who say what has religion got to do with this, honour killing is part of pakistani Islamic culture.

+5 more 
posted on Nov, 2 2012 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Only Religion can make a parent beat up their OWN 15 year old daughter and then pour acid on her face over her simply glancing innocently at some boys. BOTH father and mother took part in this.

RELIGION IS WHAT CAUSES A MOTHER AND FATHER TO DO THIS TO THEIR GIRL.

edit on 2-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join