It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any one familiar with Keepvid.com? Is it safe.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Trying to find a simple yet free way to save videos to my computer, such as ones used in some of these threads.

I've seen a couple that were posted from YT that I'd like to save but I'm not doing to good in that area.

Any help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I don't like to go to a site I'm not familiar with so I was hoping some one could enlighten me and point me in the right direction....

Thanks in advance.....
snarky

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Keepvid is pretty straight forward, just copy the entire url for the youtube video and it should automatically pop into the search fiend, or either way you place it in there, and it will give you a list of different formats to download from, such as flv format for lower quality, smaller sized videos, mp4 for larger files of higher quality.

All the differences should be obvious when you see them.

Either right click and "save as" or clicking it should initiate a download anyway.

Save it and play.. if you can't play it, try getting something like the klm mega codec pack and that should sort out any playback codec issues.. I use that by default these days..

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

If you use Firefox you can get add ons like FVD or download helper which integrate into the browser and let you save videos from within your browser , just click tools then add ons .

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

I started to do that when a security warning came up, being as I never been to the site before, I closed it, just to be on the safe side. Then I came here, to see if any one else had used it already and if they had any problems. Don't want to pick up an unwanted virus.....

Just wanted to make sure it was a legit site.

Thanks.....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Hey, I use Chrome..... but winofiend just replied and evidently it's a legit site and easy enough to use.

Appreciate your input.....

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:01 AM
link   
yea iv used keepvid and other converter/download sites

when they do that prompt...just click ok...it scared me as well, but really it only says that they are saving onto your computer...its absolutely fine.....they dont even leave a cookie....or a crumb lol

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Thanks, that's good to know.

And the only cookies I want are chocolate chip !!!

[with a cold glass of milk, of course....]

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
1. Get Firefox
2. Install the Addon "Net Video Hunter"
3. Start watching a video and download it with Net Video Hunter.

posted on Oct, 19 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
mate...if you have a problem with keepvid....use this site....

deturl.com

gies you different choices on how to get videos and convert them
im not plugging it...but i think its the best

peace
edit on 19-10-2012 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 20 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by thePharaoh

Thanks a bunch......

Will check out that site too.....

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
To find a site is legit or not, you can do some methods. You can check whois lookup for a domain name. Visit the site WhoisXY.com here you can check whois information for domain name. If the information is public and looks legit,you can note the email id, contact number of the domain name owner or administrative or technical department or else sale department. It will help you to contact them if you have any problem after using their services or buying their products. Then you can visit the site ScamAdviser.com check whether the site is trusted or not. If the result will "High Trust Rating. This Site Looks Safe To use." It is good site. Then you can visit Webutation.info here you can read users or customers reviews, ratings and feed backs about the site and their services. If they said good, you can start using the site.

posted on Feb, 6 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
To find a site is legit or not, you can do some methods. You can check whois lookup for a domain name. Visit the site WhoisXY.com here you can check whois information for domain name. If the information is public and looks legit,you can note the email id, contact number of the domain name owner or administrative or technical department or else sale department. It will help you to contact them if you have any problem after using their services or buying their products. Then you can visit the site ScamAdviser.com check whether the site is trusted or not. If the result will "High Trust Rating. This Site Looks Safe To use." It is good site. Then you can visit Webutation.info here you can read users or customers reviews, ratings and feed backs about the site and their services. If they said good, you can start using the site.

top topics

join