It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Splitting the atom

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Is there any connection between splitting the atom and a few years later getting the first sitings of UFOs? Like it sent of some radiowave that lets other forms of life acknowledge our point in evolution aka. the education of Man...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
try this e-bookwww.illuminaticonspiracy.org...
youll need adobe acrobat reader (pdf) not really my subject but it might help explain the conection wih ets and us humans...then again it might not!

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:33 PM
link   
IMO, not enough evidence to support it either way. Also IMO, it might have indicated a point in our technological education, but humanity has a long way to go before it is emotionally and socially mature enough to travel among the stars without destroying everything in its path.

If in fact aliens are visiting earth to determine if we are ready to join a "League of Planets" then they will stop observing us at some point, determining that we are in fact unable to control ourselves. Please note that I do not support this theory I have just put forth, although parts of it may in fact be true.

Interesting observation otherwise. Never thought of it like this myself.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
UFO's have been a part of our history since even before there was history. Some of the earliest cave drawings have them, many great works of art have strange 'craft' worked into the canvas, and they have even been mentioned in the Bible. While the splitting of the atom, demonstrated by the first test of a primitive nuclear device may have heralded a more keen period of observation among the race(s) involved in our development, it is not where the phenomenon began. I would suggest a quick search on the history of the phenom, and go from there.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
cave paintings? hey everlasting - got any links to any pics or a good site/researcher as far as them paintings go?

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
There are some @

UFOs in Ancient Art

UFO Artwork

Check it out

[edit on 17/10/04 by phlake]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Thanx phlake, theres some neat art n pics there

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Blue - my comp wont let me view the book

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Good site with links to the story sources

Here's another regarding aborigines and their paintings/mythology:

www.ufoevidence.org...

Hope this helps out!

[edit on 17-10-2004 by everlastingnoitall]

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
December 22, 1938 - Otto Hahn and Fritz Strassman bombard uranium with neutrons and, unknowingly, split the atom. Lise Meitner and Otto Frisch, in exile, explain the results.

The atom was not first split in 1942. It was first split in the Berlin laboratory of Otto Hahn, in 1938. Hahn and his student Fritz Strassman bombarded uranium with neutrons and studied the results; they detected barium in the debris, something Hahn thought was impossible. How could you get a lighter nucleus from a heavier one?

He wrote to his longtime friend and collaborator Lise Meitner, an Austrian Jew who had just fled Germany for Scandinavia. She suggested that the uranium nucleus had been broken up by the neutrons; Hahn thought this a ridiculous idea. "Try to think of some other possible explanation," he begged.

The above article can be found here.

UFOs on the other hand, has been around for thousands of years.

Her's a link, among thousands more, that might be a starter.

unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I don't really have anything to contribute to this idea other then I think it's a really interesting one
If alien life had a way of monitoring us from great distances it would make sense that this would be an important indicator as to how far we have advanced.

Here is some more aliens in art.

www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
birdseyeview - u need adobe acrobat reader (pdf files) installed on your computer - should be able to get it for free - useful 4 reading online e-books

any problems? feel free to u2u me and ill c what i can do

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:18 PM
link   
This is an interesting question though. Obviously we know that splitting atoms of uranium releases large amounts of radiation, but what other effects might it have on the quantum level, and could the splitting of atoms release other energies that we are as yet unable to detect? For example, we know that gravity is related to matter, but we are as yet unable to link it directly to atoms.

[edit on 18-10-2004 by Seth76]

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I think yes, i think since some UFOs have been seen near air force bases with nuclear missiles, i think aliens are observing us, and are trying to keep us from destroying ourselves

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The atom was not first split in 1942. It was first split in the Berlin laboratory of Otto Hahn, in 1938. Hahn and his student Fritz Strassman bombarded uranium with neutrons and studied the results; they detected barium in the debris, something Hahn thought was impossible. How could you get a lighter nucleus from a heavier one?

Ummmm I think Ernest Rutherford might beg to differ with that.
He produced the first artificial disintegration of an element in 1919, when he found that on collision with an alpha particle an atom of nitrogen was converted into an atom of oxygen and an atom of hydrogen. He's not on our $100 note for nothing

www.britannica.com...

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Zero Point]

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Is there any connection between splitting the atom and a few years later getting the first sitings of UFOs? Like it sent of some radiowave that lets other forms of life acknowledge our point in evolution aka. the education of Man...

More like a connection between the first use of it in a bomb and detonation. Many believe this sent ripples through the space/time continuum, announcing a "coming of age" so to speak.

While there is ample evidence we were previously visited.... Nothing up to, or after the late 40's/early 50's flap quite compared. After the blasts, UFOs were far more brazen in their disregard for being seen. In fact, the term "flying saucer" comes from a newspaper article about the first commonly regarded sighting of the modern era.... Pilot Kenneth Arnold's sighting in 1947, near Mt. Rainier, WA. Of course, soon after that, we have the infamous Roswell incident, etc.

Many of these early sightings were around military targets, especially in the New Mexico area, which makes sense, as that's where the bombs were tested...
Coincidence? I highly doubt it.....

[edit on 22-10-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

join