It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is that real?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Is that a real creature lives in our world?Mybe someone could tell me something. Maybe it was from an ancient civilization.

[edit on 15-10-2004 by kaidylibre]

[edit on 15-10-2004 by kaidylibre]

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Looks like a Fiji Mermaid to me.

The original Fiji Mermaid was in PT Barnam's side show. It was a monkey and a fish stiched together and dried. Since then many more have been maid. Its not real however, its just two parts of dead animals attached to eachother.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 04:41 AM
link   
I would hate to come across one of those things floating in the ocean!!!! Does any one know why the did this???? Its pretty freaky!!!

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Pff... Despite the obvious fish-monkey theory, I'd say its a fish that died while EATING a monkey. Possibly a flyfish, to get up in the trees and snag an orangutang.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   
But I saw some report said that someone claimed they had had meimaids somewhere.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
THe picture quality is too bad.. The upper torso could be anything.

But a monkey would be my guess.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
No, it's a "chimera." These are produced for sideshows and carnivals by gluing or sewing a mummified monkey's torso onto a stuffed fish.

posted on Oct, 16 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
It is not nessacarily a fiji mermaid. There have been sitings of mermaids, and the Fiji mermaids was billed by Barnum as a fake. Thats the weird thing. If it was a fake, why bill it at all? Maybe it was real. Maybe that is real. But it definetly came from some water source.

posted on Oct, 18 2004 @ 04:35 PM
link   
this is a picture from ripleys believe it or not and it is a monkey sewed to a fish

posted on Oct, 26 2004 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Still though you have to admit its pretty freaky stuff to look at..... Maybe once there was creatures like this though

top topics

join