It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Behaviour Modification of America

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

I was affarid if I mantioned the messiah's name it would bring the "shills" out.

I guess you figure if the idiots before Obama were bad then its OK for Obama to be even worse and that makes it right. Why to befend your boss,....................whats the matter, your cubical closing in on you!

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline

I was affarid if I mantioned the messiah's name it would bring the "shills" out.

I guess you figure if the idiots before Obama were bad then its OK for Obama to be even worse and that makes it right. Why to befend your boss,....................whats the matter, your cubical closing in on you!

Islamic extremists have been attacking and assailing the west for decades, centuries. One president didn't do this.

Although if a pesident shows weakness, the extremists will take advantage.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by Battleline

Islamic extremists have been attacking and assailing the west for decades, centuries. One president didn't do this.

Although if a pesident shows weakness, the extremists will take advantage.
Thank you, my point exactly just not quite as eloquent.

i can't stand these people that think just because the past presidents were wingnut's that its ok for this one to be worse.......................how many wrongs(fails) before we get a right??..............no pun intended.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I've defended Islam numerous times in these forums. I think that much of the so called Islamic agression going on is a reaction to Western economic, military and cultural encroachments.

People have a right to their culture and ways of life. In North America over the last few decades there has been a resurgence of aboriginal North American culture among the so called "first nations". I'm all for that. It is a welcome development, in my opinion. I don't see the sentiment in the Middle East, among Muslims as being that different from the sentiment among the people of the "first nations" or the sentiment among Tibetans in relation to encroachments on their culture by China.

These various peoples are feeling the pinch of other cultures to varying degrees, but the underlying reactions are coming from the same point of origin, pressure to change to meet the requirements of expansionist cultures.

Maybe America is starting to feel the pinch of the "blowback". That is not necessarily a bad thing.

Behavior modification, when it is actually an improvement in behavior and not coerced, is a good thing, but having said that, people should be free to express themselves, no matter where they are. The idea that Salmon Rushdie should have to have police protection for years because he wrote a novel interpreted as criticizing Mohammed is deplorable.

Any religion that has to enforce its religious etiquette with military force has serious problems. Keeping people in a state of constant fear of the religious police has created a situation in Pakistan and other places where terribly unjust reprisals have been exacted from people, some of them very young or even mentally deficient, who were guilty of completely innocent lapses or minor infractions of Islamic "etiquette".

When a school teacher beats a 12 year old girl for what is essentially a spelling mistake and then her family has to move out of town for fear of their lives, you can bet that that teacher and that town are petrified of the religious police, petrified that if they are not as extreme as the religous police, that they themselves might be the next victim of of the police.

Living in a police state must be hell but living in a religious police state must be hell on wheels.

When American officials demonstrate sensitivity and good manners, they should be applauded. It takes strength of character to apologize for offense, especially when the one issuing the apology is not really at fault. That's diplomacy.
edit on 16-9-2012 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
We are not supposed to mind our own business, why would you ever say such a thing?
We are supposed to crush enemies of the Constitution where ever we may find them.
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is the Right of all people, not just Americans.
I like to speak in comparisons, so I will try one here and hope you see the message.

If you try to capture a wild parrot and put it in a cage.......he will try with his dying breath to pluck your eyes out
But
If you steal that parrots egg, and raise this baby bird from the moment he hatches. He will do all kinds of tricks, and even learn to say, and only say,,,the words you teach him to. He will happily allow you to cage him when ever you want, and even try to pluck out the eyes of the people he feels is threatening his master.

Well long ago the muslims killed the birds and took their eggs, and all we have left now, are those baby birds, and until we start having some of them born outside the cage, ready once again to prefer to pluck out the eyes of their captures than to be placed in a cage and lose their freedom, things will not be set right.
It is our sacred duty to remedy this. Just because someone is born in a cage, and raised in a cage, and even tell you they like being in a cage.....they are only repeating the words their masters have taught them......Polly wanna cacker

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknown1234
We are not supposed to mind our own business, why would you ever say such a thing?
We are supposed to crush enemies of the Constitution where ever we may find them.
Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is the Right of all people, not just Americans.

I don't agree with these sentiments. People should mind their own business in most situations, but not in all situations. It's not an "either or" proposition.

American officials take an oath to defend the Constitution from "enemies foreign and domestic", not to "crush enemies of the Constitution wherever we find them." There is a distinction.

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is not the right of all people, not even of all Americans. Hundreds of thousands of Americans are held in prisons in the country. Criminal law trumps the stated right to Liberty as a practical matter.

Exporting American values is resisted in many places around the world because American values are not highly regarded everywhere. Individual liberty is only an absolute in the criminal underworld in most places.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   
We really shouldn't export American values where they are not wanted. That's one of the things that generates the hostility in the middle East and Europe. I truly don't understand this "you all must be like us" mentality.

We really should learn how to trade and do business without exporting our values and beliefs with other cultures.

Because, most people come to America to get AWAY from their previous culture.

Plus, we really have no right demanding that people adopt our way of life.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Originally posted by unknown1234

Life, Liberty and the Pursuit of Happiness is not the right of all people, not even of all Americans. Hundreds of thousands of Americans are held in prisons in the country. Criminal law trumps the stated right to Liberty as a practical matter.

Life , liberty and the Pursuit of happiness IS the Right of all people...............until you take it upon yourself to deprive it to someone else.......When you make a decision to violate this, be it through robbery, or murder or what have you, you willingly forfeit your entitlement to enjoy it for yourself.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
We really shouldn't export American values where they are not wanted. That's one of the things that generates the hostility in the middle East and Europe. I truly don't understand this "you all must be like us" mentality.

We really should learn how to trade and do business without exporting our values and beliefs with other cultures.

Because, most people come to America to get AWAY from their previous culture.

Plus, we really have no right demanding that people adopt our way of life.

I agree. I can't honestly say, "Not here!" in terms of restricting rights based on anothers culture and then turn around and expect a culture to adopt our interpretation of rights.

posted on Sep, 16 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit

Behavior modification, when it is actually an improvement in behavior and not coerced, is a good thing, but having said that, people should be free to express themselves, no matter where they are. The idea that Salmon Rushdie should have to have police protection for years because he wrote a novel interpreted as criticizing Mohammed is deplorable.

Or a nation of Rushdie's that refuse to be coerced.

posted on Sep, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Every action has a reaction equal to it and in the opposite side.

That is all I need to say.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join