It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Lights in the Night

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Last night, there was a huge flash of light. Me and my partner had just got into bed and settled down, kissed good night and WHAM. There was a blinding flash, as if someone flashed a camera in our faces, which literally hurt my eyes. (Scene: room is pitch black, door shut, not on a busy road so street lights and car lights are a no no.) The moment it happened as well, our daughter in the next room awoke, but straight after slept (9 months old).

This isn't the first time its happened to me and it doesn't happen just at night, neither in the same place. I've been doing some research into the phenomenon and i was shocked to find that it is quiet common and no-one as of yet has been able to explain it. I'm very open minded, I've researched paranormal reasons and natural, I'll share what i have found;

Medical;
Photpsia when flashes of light are caused by damaged retina. This can be ruled out, and a majority of possible medical causes can be ruled out, such as migraines, trauma, as two of us have seen it. Not just my partner but friends in the day.

Ghostly;
Simply put, ghost believers say that its some sort of entity manifesting

Ufology;
Beams of light are usually involved with abductions, countless stories on the net, not worth reposting.

Psychic;
Its your body opening up to other dimensions, the third eye awakening Link

Most intresting of all, not saying its my conclusion but a guy mentioned in the previous link John A Keel ( a slight eccentric maybe) but he mentions it maybe some sort of programming from sort of beings, he doesn't go into detail, well i haven't found any but interesting none the less.

Late paranormal researcher John A. Keel collected reports of (and himself claimed to have experienced while living in a New York apartment building) unexplainable yet reoccurring flashes of light, akin to a camera bulb going off. He theorized that this was carried out as some form of mental reprogramming by unknown forces in an effort to manipulate or alter the subconscious of certain susceptible individuals.

Your help and comments would be greatly appreciated, and feel free to ask questions.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolvo
Last night, there was a huge flash of light. Me and my partner had just got into bed and settled down, kissed good night and WHAM.

You sure you didn't experience an orgasm?

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
I've had that happen to me 1 time in my life. I was sitting on the couch watching television and the entire room illuminated with a bright light for only a split second.

Thanks for the thread and bringing back the memory. I'm curious to see what others have to say.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolvo

Ok...I'm freaking out!!!! Today's date is 09-10-2012... Last night here in great falls MT between 10:30 and 11pm w/ no lightening nor rain nor thunder was a blinding white flash!! I just so happened to open my eyes and that's when I seen it!!!! I just laid there for about 10 minutes eyes wide- open waiting for signs of a storm! I then got up and went outside....Nothing....btw..the blinding light was outside...

And then I find this thread...wow!!!! Op's in UK...so I don't know...but I do know for a matter of fact a huge white flash went off outside...no noise

edit on 10-9-2012 by tracehd1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
You have missed a few theories.

Gamma radiation burst. but that comes with serious after effects.

Electromagnetic waves in the visual spectrum from a black hole our Sol goes around.
Have you seen the bubbles photographed over Hawaii a few years ago? Same thing.

Spirites from lightning causing gamma radiation all over the world has been seen by satellites.

So unless you have a SIDs (I think it's called this; Sudden Ionospheric Disturbance device.) you can't really tell what you are seeing. You can make you own SIDs. Just google it.

Good luck as I have seen this myself, I was perfectedly asleep and I roll over and I realise it goes really dark. It was in the middle of the night, and no lights had been left on but as I go into a lighter sleep my brain registers a a sudden difference in light levels reaching my eyes thought my eyelids. Weird. My hubby had already left for work. I have no idea what caused it. Tons of theories.

posted on Sep, 10 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by AriesJedi

Gamma radiation burst? I thought they were huge cosmic events? Wouldnt expect one in my bedroom lol i'm looking into sid's as we speak, thank you for more possible explanations, each one is just as hard to prove. I would set up a camera, but the wife to be is against camera's recording in the bedroom (nervouse about what she may see i think) plus the flashes are to random.

After looking into SID's, I dont think that would be likely, but that said, its still just another theory with just as much weight as the others
edit on 10-9-2012 by Wolvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
No more views or comments or theories?

new topics

top topics

join