It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Creech security no longer part of Nellis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
www.dvidshub.net...

I'm sure there is some nuance to this. Basically security at Creech will no longer be under the "99th" (Nellis) but rather under a commander at Creech. The base is currently soliciting bids to increase security at the RPA (remotely piloted airplane) portion of the base. They have acquired all the private land bordering the base on the east side of route 95.

Considering UAV (or RPA if you prefer) warfare should be winding down with the upcoming withdrawal from Afghanistan, expanding of Creech seems a bit odd.

Googling the 799th ABG doesn't bring up anything relevant other than this video.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I'm willing to bet a new UAV is out of test phase and active. Need a place to house them?

Edit: Notice how the first Colonel says Air Combat Power and not recon power??? lol. I bet they got a new plane!
edit on 7-9-2012 by boomer135 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by boomer135

I think you are on to something here. In addition, it is likely to be armed rather than just recon. You can do recon in a lot of places, but Creech is handy for live fire.

Nothing on their units page yet.
www.creech.af.mil...

Nothing in their news feed or Nellis news. Since the DoD provided the video, I have to assume no press was at the event. I checked the usual Vegas papers and TV websites and found nothing.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I'm gonna throw out a "guess" and say that it's the UCAV with a payload...

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Thanks guys, great thread. Lets hope we here about this sooner rather than later.
Its a shame Member Intelgurl isn't around anymore.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Kurokage

Yeah where did she go? She seemed to know quite a bit about planes.

posted on Oct, 9 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
A C-12 out of Holoman just landed at Creech today.
flightaware.com...
I'm working on verifying the tail number.

posted on Oct, 24 2012 @ 11:39 PM
link   
oh, i'm new-tell all your spiritually-involved friends and foes about me. i have a sort of secret life i guess you could say. snapback pas cher femme nike requin discount air yeezy shop

new topics

top topics

join