It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Streaming at Protest? Police May Block Mobile Devices Via Apple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
people stupid enough to use apple devices deserve what they get..

far better devices available that can be secured to avoid evesdropping and tracking ... not to mention also better secure communications ...

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
Well if we are being honest, if you have an iphone you are already a mindless drone

What I want to say to you, and others here who've posted similar insults to people just because of some brand name they chose... would violate the T&C so I won't

Suffice to say, it's two words

How shallow can some of you be? Some of us are "idiots" and "mindless drones" just because we have a certain brand of cell phone??

Comments like that say a lot more about YOUR level of intelligence.

As to the blocking feature which is being bandied about... big deal. SmartPhones are like computers and as such are constantly being hacked to (for example) open up features which would otherwise be unavailable.

I'll bet you dollars to donuts the person who invents any such technology will also be shooting the "antidote" out the back door.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I agree. The only context in which the brand matters is in the case of boycott which by all means should happen. The critical part in this story isn't even Apple it is the fact that this is happening at all. I'm pretty irked to be honest and find myself thinking this is part of why we are continually facing this nonsense. Here we have a situation in which again the police are being given more power than they should have, a situation in which Corporations and Government are joining forces against The People and we get reactions of "well that's what you get for buying Apple"... seriously?

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by sixswornsermon

If you are aware, I then applaud you, truly!!!
I havn't bought a Smith and Wesson product since the early 90's, all because they sold the 2nd amendment droud out.

The easiest way to hurt them is in the wallet.

posted on Sep, 6 2012 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Does anyone find it incredibly funny that the occupy movement is bitching about their ridiculously expensive cell phones (that fund a HUGE corporation) are being blocked?

'We stand with the little guy! Fight the power! Why won't my overpriced phone do what I want? Police brutality!'

Occupy is ridiculous. Some have good intentions, but the majority seem hell bent on making asses of themselves. Protesting the rich and wearing a Rolex.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Why must this be said over and over? Occupy does not protest the rich or even the fact that Corporations exist. We protest the corrupt relationship between money and government and this is a perfect example of such. There was so much documented brutality and so many lies told about Occupy proven by video taken by protesters. Don't be so silly Domo.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Well if we are being honest, if you have an iphone you are already a mindless drone and don't really need rights because you don't understand them and would be willing to hand them over to look cool anyways. Same for you people that conduct your lives publicly on facebook and twitter only to come to places like this to talk about "privacy"

Please, please, please tell me this isn't an actual image or you, Superhans.

How ironic would that be!!!

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
I believe people that buy APPLE are brainwashed zombies. Remember all those long lines to get the new ipad when the only thing new about it was an upgraded camera? You have to be nuts to buy a new ipad ($500 +) because apple said you should. But yet there were lines blocks long waiting to get it. Incredible.

posted on Sep, 7 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
nice to see apple doing the right thing. keep this up and i may have a reason to guy their products.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Imagine if Apple patented the wheelchair. They would be lauded for designing such a revolutionary device that changes the lifestyle of many people. Of course, Apple would describe the patent for their wheelchair as "a wheel-based mobility device" and by extension would also claim intellectual rights on all wheel-bound transportation, and demand royalties on automobiles as well.

By their reasoning, there may be times when when their "wheel-based mobility devices" may be inconvenient to others around you, or may pose a threat to security. To prevent this, they come up with the brilliant idea to keep one wheel loose, so someone could just kick the wheel off at any time in order to prevent you from using it, if they decide that your device shouldn't be used in that particular area. It is simply up to the person/organization to decide when it's appropriate to put the wheel back on, usually when you're leaving the establishment, if you're lucky.

I'm not saying wheelchairs and smartphones should be equal in terms of cultural acceptance or ubiquity, I'm just saying that I'm glad Apple didn't patent the wheelchair.

posted on Sep, 8 2012 @ 02:19 AM
link   
soooo, cell type phones, service and the like came into the market as an advanced "personal safety device" and now, it's can be sureptitiously turned off when you may need it most ??
interesting change in dynamics there.

ETA: just a guess here but aren't i-series equipment popular with the younger generation ??
yet, we're supposed to send them off to live life knowing they may not be able to call for help when needed ?

i wonder how many of the 911 calls in Aurora originated from Apple devices in a cinema ??
edit on 8-9-2012 by Honor93 because: ETA

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join