It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky vet, kills intruder in one shot.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
This is how it's done. Hunting is one thing but this is why U.S. citizens keep guns.
According to the article there were three intruders into this man’s home, he took out one and was ready for the rest.
He was not injured and faces no charges at this point.
usnews.nbcnews.com...
Oh, did I mention he is 92 years old and a WWII Vet.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RedmoonMWC

Good for him.. we need more stories like this. Crap would stop.

He was within his rights.

From your news clip:

Jones then called 911. When Boone County deputies arrived, they found the basement door ajar but the intruder’s body was gone.

A short time later Kenton County Police responded to a call of a man who had been shot and found a deceased man and two others in a 2001 Chevrolet Impala.

The two people with him were brought back to Boone County and later admitted they were involved in the burglary, authorities said. Ryan Dalton, 22 and Donnie Inabnit, 20, both of Dry Ridge, Ky., were arrested and charged with second-degree burglary and tampering with physical evidence. Authorities said they removed Maxwell’s body from Jones’ home and drove away.

S&F

edit on 4-9-2012 by DaphneApollo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I would have shot a thigh or something..but meh. its a valid shot, don't go into peoples homes uninvited.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
ciminals don't actually like when other criminals get killed by honest hard working vets. He's going to jail!!

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Thats y you dont invade someones home without a gun.... Idiots

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It takes a ninety year old and one shot with a .22 to do what it takes 6 police officers and 46 shots to do.

Gotta love Army training – one shot, one kill! Hooah!

Way to go Earl!

"To those who didn’t get all the facts, he shot him with a .22 and it wasn’t a lucky shoot, he shot him in the heart. What they left out was he also had 90 head of cattle rustled along with a TV and his other gun from four other burglaries.

“I’ve been robbed so much in the past five weeks, I said it’s going to have to be a message to the people. The only way you going to stop this is you have to leave one laying in the grass. That‘s the only way you’re [going to] stop it,” Jones said.

He was mad and scared for his life, so he waited till the guy kicked the door in and put one center mass, right in the heart. IMHO he is my kind of man, proof of why we need the 2nd amendment."

www.theblaze.com...

edit on 4-9-2012 by Murgatroid because: I felt like it..

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Great work, sir. God bless him and thanks to him for his service to his country. How dare anybody try to do anything to somebody like him.

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murgatroid
It takes a ninety year old and one shot with a 22 to do what it takes 6 police officers and 46 shots to do.

Way to go Earl!

Good point. Of course in some other countries he would have been arrested right along with the two surviving burglars.

By the way WWII, he was in the U.S. Army Air Forces from 1941 through 1946
edit on 4-9-2012 by RedmoonMWC because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Some anti gun nut will come in here and say the vet was in the wrong.
Mark my words

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
I posted this yesterday. Here is the link.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 4 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by kennylee

I am sorry about that.
Your post didn't show up in my search.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I would have shot a thigh or something..but meh. its a valid shot, don't go into peoples homes uninvited.

When the adrenaline is kicking you aim for what you can hit. A thigh is too easy to miss and even if you do get lucky and score a hit that won't necessarily stop them from drawing a gun and returning fire.

posted on Sep, 5 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

top topics

join