It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello My Enlightened Friends!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Hello everyone, The name is Steven. I have been browsing ATS for about 3-4 years now, and have finally decided to join you all. I am a 22 year old male trying to figure out this thing called life.

I finally created an account because i have SO MANY questions. Knowledge is one of the most important things to me, and I want to know the secrets of the universe. As of right now, my life goal is to gather all of the knowledge, resources, and make all the connections i need to be able to do something about our country and fix it. I know it is a daunting task, but i believe that anything the mind can conceive, is possible. The only limitations in life are the ones you create. Who knows, I may find out later in life that this is not so true, but right now it is what drives me.

I find myself having trouble believing what i hear and see, on every side of just about every issue that concerns me. Particularly on the internet. it is so easy for anyone to publish anything they want on the world wide web, and it causes me to have trouble deciphering the truth.
Does anyone have any suggestions for me on this issue, to keep in mind while browsing and contributing to the ATS community?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by stevenk1290

Hi Steven, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from and add your thoughts and opinions too as well.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Welcome to crazy town.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Hey, and welcome to ATS!

I really dig your introduction; you sound just like me!
It's my goal to obtain as much knowledge as I can, from all different points of view. But it's so tricky these days, because like you said, anyone can put anything out on the web. Pretty much no matter what you're looking for, you'll find information 'proving' and 'disproving' it.

I started my real journey about 5 years ago when I was 19 when a friend showed me a documentary that 'proved' (to me) that there was more to 9/11 than the official story. From that moment on, I've gone through an incredible amount of changes. I started out furious at the government and the world for being as corrupt as it is (which I am still pretty furious about to be honest...) but over time I started learning more and more about spirituality...about love...about the power of thought...sacred geometry...God. I realized it wasn't going to do much good to run around shouting at people about how horrible everything was. Instead, I started working on making myself happy. Purifying my mind and body. Focusing on my diet and health. Always trying to raise other people up. And never ceasing to learn.

If you have any questions about anything, or just want to chat, feel free to PM (private message) me. I love to chat!

Cheers!
edit on 1-9-2012 by eleven44 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Welcome...but hey! Some of us are enlightened ones...and some others are in the dark (metaphor) fumbling for batteries!. Come and help us look for 'em!

Hail good fellow...

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS Steven !

We share the same goals and ambition

the truth is really out there if you look for it with your heart

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by mysterioustranger
Welcome...but hey! Some of us are enlightened ones...and some others are in the dark (metaphor) fumbling for batteries!. Come and help us look for 'em!

It is funny you should say that, because the title of this thread, at first was "Hello My Elightened, and Some Not-So-Enlightened friends"

Didn't want to offend anyone on my first thread so i changed it. Although, now that i think about it, I doubt anyone would consider themselves "Not-So-Enlightened"

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

We are Rigel4...Resistance is futile.

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

Thanks eleven44. I have only recently (the past 2-3 months) had my eyes opened to the world's (particularly the U.S. Government's) corruption. Everyone is always talking about how bad of shape the world is in and I have always dismissed it simply because, the world has always been "bad", through out all of history there has been turmoil for the human race. I hope to find many of the answers i seek here.

We are Rigel4...Resistance is futile.

Pardon?

posted on Sep, 1 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Well, Im sure youll find company with all of us...like a twisted sports game or two. Offense, Defense, foul balls and home runs and field scores. Umpires, coaches and referrees!

And if its enlightenment you want....youll not find many dark corners around here. Oh, there are a couple...but call us out...we're all "packin"! (batteries I mean)
Peace

top topics

join