It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Children of Africa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   
With DNA evidence in recent years and scientific analysis of ancient skulls, We are all from Africa. This isn't new information, but once i saw this video, i had to share it with you guys...beautifully done

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
great little vid, it put a wistful smile on my face at the ridiculously early time of 6am in the uk (can't sleep), thanks for posting it

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
Al thought I do not prescribe to the idea of eugenics: "Instead of controling the environment for the benifit of the population, perhaps its time to control population for the the survival of the environment." is a sound idea.

posted on Aug, 18 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
A nice clip, but it also has very concerning aspects.

I don't find it good to flash various (mainly African) populations groups with chimpanzees, and even according to evolution chimps are NOT human.
There are significant differences.
Clearly several thousands of years of differentiation are left out in this clip.
No wonder more religious people would say it's all nonsense when it's presented like that.

I also don't agree that we have to follow some cause like the last minute footage encouraging population control.
Whose population are we gonna control?
Some white old guy who made some forgettable nature documentaries preaches on over-population!
Maybe we could help the planet by killing all the old people?
Oh no!
That's not their version of population control and helping the planet.
Er, so what is it exactly?

We came out of Africa, but it must never happen again?
Maybe it's an indirect call to tolerance, but it completely ignores the problems of African immigrants today.
We came out of Africa if Africa means Bushmen and chimps.
We came out of a modern romance of noble savagery that completely ignores 90 percent of all Africans.

What African country has blasted a rocket into space so far?
Or is the implication that those who stayed in Africa are somehow inferior because they haven't progressed along that Western route of self-appraised culture?
It seems like Africans are sanitized to represent European ancestors.
I wonder if footage of the poverty and squatter camps in Africa would sit as comfortably as the images shown here.
Why was it important to blast a rocket into the sky?
By whose standards?

I'd just say if one admits coming from a place, then at least say or do something to make that place better, less exploited and special.
edit on 18-8-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I have never believed in the out of Africa "Theory".

Here is more likely the truth.

Not all modern humans originate from Africa

All NON-Africans are NOT "out-of-africa" (Cro Magnon is Not African)

I believe humans originate from different cosmic groups and genes. We're from different cosmic species or planets, systems of origin, overall.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
It's hard to know what to believe anymore; this whole topic reeks of political connivance. It's just exactly what the proponents of globalisation want us to swallow...we are all interrelated, so why not invite our long-lost cousins over to our place?
Once you accept we are all one big, happy family, there can be no objections to whom our neighbours happen to be - long-recognised cultural, behavioural, cognitive differences notwithstanding.

posted on Dec, 30 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

I believe humans originate from different cosmic groups and genes. We're from different cosmic species or planets, systems of origin, overall.
edit on 21-8-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99

The out of Africa theory is indeed valid. You can go to any modern human on earth and if you go through their ancestors you will eventually find Africa. The only difference is how long you will go back to find it. See the problem with the perception of "out of Africa", is that many people believe it happened just once and that's it. The truth is that humans and their ancestors were constantly migrating out of Africa. Homo Erectus was one of the first to go into Europe and Asia a million+ years ago. Meanwhile, in Africa convergent evolution was happening at the same time in a different environment, so the species both changed accordingly. Then more populations migrated out. It kept happening and many of these later populations bred with one another. Similar thing happened with Neanderthals. They migrated out of Africa before homo sapiens (really their cousin / sub species). Then homo sapiens ventured out, bred with Neanderthal and took on some of their genes. You can trace Neanderthal genes in most humans. The only ones that do not have it are the tribes that have stayed in Africa all this time. Out of Africa is very solid and the fossil record backs it up. All races of human are still something like 97% similar with their genes. Some just have more Neanderthal than others and other races of hominid mixed in as well.

edit on 1-1-2013 by Barcs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join