It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mt st helens erupting again?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
check out the 24 hour live webcam of Mt St. Helens and looks like a little ash is coming out of it. www.fs.fed.us...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
cant say i'm seeing much, but glad someone is keeping a eye on it.
its not that far away as the wind blows.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

The source is a Heliplot at Wild Horse Valley, Oregon. It's an embedded image to one of my sites, so I don't have handy the source USGS site it comes from. The time/date group on the bottom is current though and it's a deep link into USGS so it should update.

Looks quiet for seismic activity up there anyway. (Other U.S. plots also showed peace and quiet for a change BTW)

Could it be other activity?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Live about an hour or so away, haven't heard anything about it today. Then again I wasn't paying attention to the news. Something like this would have been brought up in my circle of friends though. I'll post an update if I hear anything on the "news" today.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
cant say i'm seeing much, but glad someone is keeping a eye on it.
its not that far away as the wind blows.

Last time didn't the ash cloud get as far as you? If it blows, I'm hoping it blows the same way again. No offense, but I live NW of that mountain. Blow East! Blow East! Blow East! (Sorry)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
When we visited last year, the mountain emitted steam for a few minutes as we left. The mountain is still growing ao it's possible that the ash could be ash, or rock material released as it grows.

I don't believe it's erupting since eruptions means seismic activity due to magma moving. There's not enough seismic activity to conclude its preparing to erupt.

new topics

top topics

join